• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weird Question

Pixies

Bluelighter
So, I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues with orally pain medications, while taking fiber supplements OR general constipation.

So, I bought fiber supplements BECAUSE I was constipated, However, the last 48 hours of taking them WHILE BEING CONSTIPATED, my medications have not worked AT ALL. Even on the pill container for the fiber, it says, please wait AT LEAST 2 hours before or after taking this, to take other medications as the fiber might have an effect on them. Well, I did as the container stated, however, STILL was not feeling any of my normal medications.

This next part may be TMI, but I don't care, and believe in being honest with people to garnish accurate advice: So, this morning I took my meds, still no feeling. However, a few hours later I had a BM, after having to use a Saline Enema, and BINGO, an hour later I take my medication again (Oxy in this case) and like that, it's working again. Let it be known, the last time I took the fiber supplement was last night, and decided to intentionally miss it this morning, to see if it was affecting my meds. Which it clearly was. OR, is it possible that severe constipation, not talking about anything too major, only about 48 hours since last BM, was this somehow linked to affecting my liver functions and how medications are working for me, when taken orally?

Any thoughts, ideas, theories, whatever; I'm open to hearing them all, as I want to figure this out.

I can't believe the fiber would have such a huge impact on medications like that, but here we are, after it apparently did. And perhaps these are why they had to put that message on the fiber supplements bottle.

Thanks guys! <3

Swallowing fiber or activated charcoal can neutralize many drugs.

Swallowing fiber or activated charcoal can neutralize many drugs.

OK, so it was the fiber? Geez... how shitty is it that people, including doctors recommend that when you're constipated FROM those medications, and they don't mention that shit...wtf. NOT ONCE, have I ever had a doctor who's recommended fiber to me, tell me that. Unreal. Thanks dude!

OK, so it was the fiber? Geez... how shitty is it that people, including doctors recommend that when you're constipated FROM those medications, and they don't mention that shit...wtf. NOT ONCE, have I ever had a doctor who's recommended fiber to me, tell me that. Unreal. Thanks dude!

Not 100% sure about the fiber and which type you took but I know I have my activated charcoal bottle sitting in my drawer, you never know when you take too much or when you sleepwalk into taking an entire bottle so I keep it there, for safety hehehe.

Not 100% sure about the fiber and which type you took but I know I have my activated charcoal bottle sitting in my drawer, you never know when you take too much or when you sleepwalk into taking an entire bottle so I keep it there, for safety hehehe.

It was just a generic brand, and when I haven't taken since last night, and my meds have worked, so yea...

I know fiber is a non digestiable mineral so maybe it had something to do with that sence it takes so long to digest it made your meds release super slow to the point of y not feeling it kinda like eating a bunch of food then taking meds and it releases slower I guess would be an example

I'm not sure but that would be my guess

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues with orally pain medications, while taking fiber supplements OR general constipation.

So, I bought fiber supplements BECAUSE I was constipated, However, the last 48 hours of taking them WHILE BEING CONSTIPATED, my medications have not worked AT ALL. Even on the pill container for the fiber, it says, please wait AT LEAST 2 hours before or after taking this, to take other medications as the fiber might have an effect on them. Well, I did as the container stated, however, STILL was not feeling any of my normal medications.

This next part may be TMI, but I don't care, and believe in being honest with people to garnish accurate advice: So, this morning I took my meds, still no feeling. However, a few hours later I had a BM, after having to use a Saline Enema, and BINGO, an hour later I take my medication again (Oxy in this case) and like that, it's working again. Let it be known, the last time I took the fiber supplement was last night, and decided to intentionally miss it this morning, to see if it was affecting my meds. Which it clearly was. OR, is it possible that severe constipation, not talking about anything too major, only about 48 hours since last BM, was this somehow linked to affecting my liver functions and how medications are working for me, when taken orally?

Any thoughts, ideas, theories, whatever; I'm open to hearing them all, as I want to figure this out.

I can't believe the fiber would have such a huge impact on medications like that, but here we are, after it apparently did. And perhaps these are why they had to put that message on the fiber supplements bottle.

Thanks guys!