• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird, not technically sourcing question. (Ketamine)

Well, Ketamine will increase Dopamine levels significantly, obviously that's gonna create psychological addiction, plus it seems to me that the anaesthetic effects are the quicker fade away with tolerance so the more one consumes the more the effect profile becomes less psychedelic and more prone to causing addiction.

Exactly. Any of the classic dopamine drugs, cocaine, opiods, ket are all addictive. Then there is loot boxes in video games and other non-drug related tasks that are also seen as addictive that affect dopamine.

I describe ket as having 'two' tolerances. There is an initial tolerance, which is decreased by taking a break of 2 weeks+, then there is your actual tolerance. The actual tolerance builds up with every dose and after a few lines/kholes always kicks in regardless of how long the break was. It seems to be the same for all dissociatives. So if you use k-holes as a way to 'reset', it's a slippery slope but much slower and longer than opiods.

I'm surprised that BL doesn't separate dissociatives and psychedelics into two different forums, since a lot of the discussion in PD is often dissociative related. I feel it's dangerous to merge the two and it isn't good harm reduction. I always found the best psychedelics I use the least, whereas the best dissociatives are abused alot.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that BL doesn't separate dissociatives and psychedelics into two different forums, since a lot of the discussion in PD is often dissociative related. I feel it's dangerous to merge the two and it isn't good harm reduction. I always found the best psychedelics I use the least, whereas the best dissociatives are abused alot.

It's mainly because it would result in two lower-traffic forums, and when forums are posted in less, people are less likely to use the forum. We've tossed the idea around for many years. Also there is quite a bit of overlap between the two classes of drugs in terms of discussing the psychological aspects of the experience, the kind of discussion content that is missing from other kinds of drugs.

It's mainly because it would result in two lower-traffic forums, and when forums are posted in less, people are less likely to use the forum. We've tossed the idea around for many years. Also there is quite a bit of overlap between the two classes of drugs in terms of discussing the psychological aspects of the experience, the kind of discussion content that is missing from other kinds of drugs.

Makes sense. I knew it wouldn't be a decision that was lightly made. Thanks for clearing that up Xorkoth :)

I don't think Ketamine is addictive. Oxycodone now thats addictive!!

I can't believe u Americans have got to pay thousands for Ketamine treatment. If it was available in the UK which it will be soon it will cost nothing!! God bless the NHS lol.

Dissociatives are very addictive for some people. Not physically, but physical addiction is the easy part of addiction. Dissos are great for escaping reality which makes them potentially very addictive indeed.

I can't believe u Americans have got to pay thousands for Ketamine treatment. If it was available in the UK which it will be soon it will cost nothing!! God bless the NHS lol.

I've met someone who went to Oxford for a ketamine treatment. Only the first dose was covered by insurance.

Hi. I have had ketamine treatments at a few different types of clinics. My state does not require Dr. referral currently. I have had one clinic require referral as part of their best practices, and one clinic not.
I have suffered from major depressive disorder since adolescence (I'm 40+ now) I've taken every med remotely used to treat depression under the sun and have been deemed "treatment resistant" I have been admitted 3 times to psych in the last 15 yrs. Guess what? It sucks. I've had ECT and didn't like the large chunk of memory I lost as a side effect. My last episode resulted in effected speech (it sounded like I had a stroke) and ultra slow moments. This really gave me cause for alarm! I thought I would never talk normally again! So I decided to try ketamine.
1. All my Drs said not to do it, but had no good reason. 2. My therapist was like meh whatever. I researched it quite a bit. Like you, the cost really made me pause. I was desperate so I actually asked my parents for the money. (very hard for adult me to do) there were 2 clinics in my area. One was $600+ per treatment, with 6 sessions recommended. They did have a mental health care professional with you before during after. They required a physician referral.
The clinic I ended up going to was half the price. It was a med-spa. It was clean and basic. They asked me if I knew anything about ketamine and I said I researched it. The anesthesiologists was like, cool! And that was it! Um. OK.

So, in all it really worked for me. I would say it was super successful. My family was amazed by the change. I'm still on my regular anti depressants, but I actually had to learn how to live with this weird new sensation called happiness or something?
But! I could see this going south for someone who didn't know what to expect. I had some experience with lsd, mushrooms etc years ago so I didn't freak out, but woah I was not expecting how nuts my visuals were. The Dr at this clinic was no help there and had zero interest other did I feel OK after! This was fine with me since I've been poked and prodded my whole life, but man it would not be great for many people. I can definitely see the value in paying extra for the psych element.
On the other hand, like you, I'm like shit! I could get this Illegally for pennies on the dollar?!!? Wtf am I feeling low borrowing money so I can line the pockets of this rando anesthesiologists? Someone on this thread said dark web. Lol I'm almost 50 mentally ill and can barely figure out snapchat. I doubt I'll be getting my own ketamine from the dark web! Get real.
One other note. I call bull on the nasal spray. 1. They can't control the dose every well. 2. If you're having a tough time they can cut the drip off! The nasal spray is all at once. You have to wait if out. 3. I hate liquid up my nose! I'd choose IV drip every time

Hi. I have had ketamine treatments at a few different types of clinics. My state does not require Dr. referral currently. I have had one clinic require referral as part of their best practices, and one clinic not.
I have suffered from major depressive disorder since adolescence (I'm 40+ now) I've taken every med remotely used to treat depression under the sun and have been deemed "treatment resistant" I have been admitted 3 times to psych in the last 15 yrs. Guess what? It sucks. I've had ECT and didn't like the large chunk of memory I lost as a side effect. My last episode resulted in effected speech (it sounded like I had a stroke) and ultra slow moments. This really gave me cause for alarm! I thought I would never talk normally again! So I decided to try ketamine.
1. All my Drs said not to do it, but had no good reason. 2. My therapist was like meh whatever. I researched it quite a bit. Like you, the cost really made me pause. I was desperate so I actually asked my parents for the money. (very hard for adult me to do) there were 2 clinics in my area. One was $600+ per treatment, with 6 sessions recommended. They did have a mental health care professional with you before during after. They required a physician referral.
The clinic I ended up going to was half the price. It was a med-spa. It was clean and basic. They asked me if I knew anything about ketamine and I said I researched it. The anesthesiologists was like, cool! And that was it! Um. OK.

So, in all it really worked for me. I would say it was super successful. My family was amazed by the change. I'm still on my regular anti depressants, but I actually had to learn how to live with this weird new sensation called happiness or something?
But! I could see this going south for someone who didn't know what to expect. I had some experience with lsd, mushrooms etc years ago so I didn't freak out, but woah I was not expecting how nuts my visuals were. The Dr at this clinic was no help there and had zero interest other did I feel OK after! This was fine with me since I've been poked and prodded my whole life, but man it would not be great for many people. I can definitely see the value in paying extra for the psych element.
On the other hand, like you, I'm like shit! I could get this Illegally for pennies on the dollar?!!? Wtf am I feeling low borrowing money so I can line the pockets of this rando anesthesiologists? Someone on this thread said dark web. Lol I'm almost 50 mentally ill and can barely figure out snapchat. I doubt I'll be getting my own ketamine from the dark web! Get real.
One other note. I call bull on the nasal spray. 1. They can't control the dose every well. 2. If you're having a tough time they can cut the drip off! The nasal spray is all at once. You have to wait if out. 3. I hate liquid up my nose! I'd choose IV drip every time
If you don't trust the nasal spray for dosing accurately you can make a solution of which you know the concentration and put it up your nose or butt with a syringe without a needle.

Ket it is one of the least toxic drugs known, the toughness of the experience can only be psychological. It might be scary. It is not my experience that Ketamine will easily procure terrifying experiences.
You can get easily get used to much worse than Ket up your nose, I'm pretty sure you hate depression more.

Last edited:
If yo udon

If you don't trust the nasal spray for dosing accurately you can make a solution of which you know the concentration and put it up your nose or butt with a syringe without a needle.

Ket it is one of the least toxic drugs known, the toughness of the experience can only be psychological. It might be scary. It is not my experience that Ketamine will easily procure terrifying experiences.
You can get easily get used to much worse than Ket up your nose, I'm pretty sure you hate depression more.
I was referring to someone with little to no psychedelic drug experience that goes for a medical ketamine treatment for depression. Many people do not enjoy hallucinations or altered states, especially if they are not forwarned! I was somewhat used to it, so it wasn't a problem.

Maybe it's something I can't relate to due to some uncommon personality trait... When I take Ketamine whether the experience will be enjoyable or not is not what I am thinking, and I wouldn't know the answer if I was asked.
That's not how I look at it.
It's more like I wanna see what I will see, and try to understand why my imagination is showing those concepts or memories in that shape, as it may help me get useful insights on what I can work at improving in me.
I'm sure that after a few treatments most come to be less shaken by the visions.

Maybe it's something I can't relate to due to some uncommon personality trait... When I take Ketamine whether the experience will be enjoyable or not is not what I am thinking, and I wouldn't know the answer if I was asked.
That's not how I look at it.
It's more like I wanna see what I will see, and try to understand why my imagination is showing those concepts or memories in that shape, as it may help me get useful insights on what I can work at improving in me.
I'm sure that after a few treatments most come to be less shaken by the visions.
OK I like your ideas. Are you talking ketamine recreationally? Or for treatment? Just curious

I plead the fifth!!

Every few months I take it a few times then pause again.
I would say it's not exactly either recreational or treatment, more like meditation/psychedelic exploration.
So maybe there is a bit of both treatment and recreation but also more.

I plead the fifth!!

Every few months I take it a few times then pause again.
I would say it's not exactly either recreational or treatment, more like meditation/psychedelic exploration.
So maybe there is a bit of both treatment and recreation but also more.
Ah! I feel you.