• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Weird ear pressure feeling and opiates

KS78

Bluelighter
Since I woke up this morning, I've been experiencing a weird feeling in and around one of my ears. It resembles the feeling that one gets when you go up a hill with a car or taking off with a plane (not as much).

I have been using opium but for a month I have been ingesting dried poppy pods instead because of not being able to find any opium. I also take about 40-50 mgs of Methylphenidate and about 50-100 mgs of Hydroxyzine a day.

I've never experienced this before. I don't know if it has to do with drugs or not. I have no clue what it can be.

So, what do you think it could be? It hasn't changed since the morning; I'm a little worried because I have been punishing my body for most of my life and since now I haven't felt many physical detoriation because of my substance abuse, only psychological problems really. Maybe it's time for paying back. I don't feel any other symptoms but the possibility of a stroke comes to mind or it's just a simple issue like full sinuses.

What do you think?

I very much doubt it's related.
Sounds like the beginnings of an ear infection to me (I just had a nasty one). Is the any pain in your ear?

No pain at all. I also think that it could be that or sinus pressure but it scares me a little that it could be something serious. If it doesn't get better in a few days, I will see a doctor.

i have had a theory that opiates can effect hearing and eardrum sensitivity.
Haven't talked to anyone who can shed any light on the subject.

It feels more like pressure inside my head and some buzzing but very little. It's very similar to the buzzing that you get from opiate intoxication (the buzz you get in your ears when it first starts hitting).

I too experience something in my ears after using opiates and so do two people i know who use morphine often but despite that i think its no coincidence

Could be an ear infection. I've been battling one for a while now. My sinuses in general are completely fucked though...

Maybe drugs could irritate an already irritated ear. Only thing I've noticed is my bad ear doesn't ring when I smoke DMT but the other one does lol Might not hurt to see a doctor and get it looked at.

It stopped after 2 days. I didn't become an ear infection or any other sickness. I think it was vertigo, very weird sensation being sober and without proper balance and buzzing pressure in and around one ear. Thanks everybody for the replies.

Glad it cleared up! Vertigo while sober always scares the shit out of me. Instead of being logical and thinking it's a medical problem, I immediately think somebody dosed me with something 😂🤦‍♂️

Paranoia goes hand in hand with drugs. It was my first episode so I automatically thought about my decades long heavy substance abuse.

i get this from opioids only in the past year or two. the other ten years of opioids before that i never had it or noticed. not sure why.

I used to get something like that when I still used opoids. I called it "the whoosh" and enjoyed it because it meant that the pills were kicking in. It sounded sort of like being underwater, or on an airplane before your ears pop.

I imagine that it has something to do with opioids increasing your intercranial pressure. (That's why they're usually not recommended for headaches.)

I know what you're talking about but it wasn't that. It was vertigo but it went away.

Try chewin some gum, it could be temporary. You might wanna stick a needle in your ear, but go to the doctor. Check your ear.