• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Weight of a Teaspoon (apx)

Papaverium

Bluelighter
So I am well aware that different powders come in different densities, so that is probably why I'm getting so many mixed messages from Google.

Basically, all I would like to know, is how many grams of powder (kratom specifically) would fit into a leveled off teaspoon. (not tablespoon!)
I don't have a scale, so I cannot just weigh it myself. I plan to go to a friends later who does have a scale to check it out, but I feel like I'd get a few opinions from here first since my friend is working all day anyway lol.

I know this has been discussed a lot in various Kratom threads. Use the search function or better yet as Seiko suggested get a scale.

So I am well aware that different powders come in different densities, so that is probably why I'm getting so many mixed messages from Google.

Basically, all I would like to know, is how many grams of powder (kratom specifically) would fit into a leveled off teaspoon. (not tablespoon!)
I don't have a scale, so I cannot just weigh it myself. I plan to go to a friends later who does have a scale to check it out, but I feel like I'd get a few opinions from here first since my friend is working all day anyway lol.

A level teaspoon is roughly 2.5 grams...I have a scale and have weighed many different strains of Kratom and this is the average.

Fortunately, Kratom doesn't need to be dosed exactly so even if it's off by +.25 or -.25, you'll be fine ;)

I dose Kratom at 2.5 g for Maeng Da, and 5 g for regular strains, several times a day. Let me know if you have any questions! I'm a total Kratom enthusiast.

I went to my bros place yesterday he has a scale and I weighed a teaspoon of what I had. It turned out to be almost 3.5grams. I didn't fully flatten it though so I know that makes up for a lot.

Thanks though guys and yes I know, I really gotta get myself a scale 8(

Yeah, I find a teaspoon can vary from about 2-3 grams depending on the type of kratom, how densely it's packed, etc.
I (as probably a lot of people have done) just scooped out an amount into a spoon, weighed it, then based my doses off of that. As Kel44 said, thankfully it doesn't matter much with kratom if you're a little bit off on measurements.