• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Weekly opiate use? and How long does it take for opiates to leave your system?

Roxii69

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. I have searching online for answers, but I figured why not ask them myself.
If anyone can please help me with my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

So basically, I'm not an addict, I'm not physically dependent on opiates.
I have been taking opiates recreationally for several years, but I have always only taken them ONCE a week. Some people say I need to be careful because it can lead to addiction, but I know my limits, and I've seen what everyday usage has done to some friends of mine, and I refuse to take opiates everyday, I only take them on the Saturday when I know I'm off work and I can sleep it off all Sunday. Monday I am back to work and I will never even think of touching another pill until the weekend comes.
I have never taken opiates for 2 or more consecutive days in a row, and I have never experienced a withdrawal. But I do know I mentally crave them when the weekend is approaching.

My first question is: Is it possible that my body is addicted to taking opiates every Saturday? I did skip a few weekends before and nothing happened to me, no withdrawal. I heard you must take them several days in a row to become physically dependent, so I guess I'm fine, right?

Second question: I have a drug test coming up soon, I am planning to stop taking opiates for about a week or 2. Is it possible for for me to pass my drug test?
(Mind you I have been taking opiates weekly for a few years, not sure if that matters)

Thanks!:)

No way could you be addicted if you only use once a week.
Be safe.

Nope, you're good. Not addicted physically, keep on like that forever and you still won't be.

you're safe. Google your drug test question, you'll find the answer you need quickly :)

May I just point out that having a 'routine' of using on a certain day or at a certain time or place can trigger a psychological version of classical conditioning. You may find yourself craving the drug which could give way to physiological manifestations such as anxiety, restlessness, etc. So although you may not be physically dependent in the sense that you aren't getting dope sick you may be developing a strong psychological addiction that always will precede the physical dependence. In other words, be careful.

^ this is true. I only said you wouldn't be physically addicted.

I should have mentioned that the physical part of addiction is the lesser of the two evils... The psychological part of opiate addiction is worse, the mental part. It's also much, much harder to get over.

So just be careful. Watch those cravings and if they get any worse, lay off for a few weeks or something. Good luck :)

I removed a response which addressed the drug testing part of the OP as we don't allow drug testing questions.

OP, please edit it out of your post.

Pinpoint, you are dead right on correct. I started over twenty years ago just taking on weekends and started worrying about becoming dependent on them. Well after about a year of weekends made me brave and I started to take a few during the week. The rest is history. I became dependent for over 20 years. Got off fold turkey about 62 days ago. Best decision of my life. I am far from out of the woods but feel so much better. I just hope I do not let the demons weaken me ever again.

There is no weekly use for opiates, man
We are not talking about k or e.
It doesn't matter are you rich or not.
Because sooner or later, the habit will grow bigger than our wallet,
and we all end up at the same place.

As far as I know drug testing questions arnt allowed on the site.. But it takes about 4 days to answer your question. If you used monday, you MIGHT be clean thursday, and for sure friday...