• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Weed, How long in your system?

bsnuggles

Bluelighter
I just accepted an offer to teach next school year, and the school makes their employees take drug tests. The last time I smoked was 2 weeks ago Sunday morning. How long should I put off taking my drug test, so I will DEFINITELY come out clean? I checked erowid and couldn't find an answer! Thanks!

you know what? i did do some research, i checked out erowid before bringing this topic to the board. they talked about how drug testing is ridiculous and the effects it has on the employer/employee relationship, but nowhere in the FAQ about cannabis or the other listed faq's does it give information about how long it lasts in the system. the faq talks a lot about the effects of smoking, but not how long it stays in the system. give me a break, i'm not a moron, even though i'm listed as a "greelighter". had i found the answer out while researching, i wouldn't have posted it. here, this is taken directly from erowid:
"Some studies use drug tests which can only tell whether a person has used marijuana in the last month. " that doesn't tell me much about how long pot stays in the system...
21) Is urine testing for marijuana use as a terms of employment a good idea?
(it goes on to give an answer to the question, STILL not mentioning anything about how long it actually stays in the system.)
i did my research... now show me WHERE on erowid.org i can find the answer, instead of being a jerk.
btw, thanks to the other person who actually GAVE me an answer, because they read my entire post and saw that i had already TRIED to find the answer on my own...

Look harder. http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing.shtml
If you are of average weight and metabolism you are looking at 3-4 weeks.
I am very skinny, passed after 11 days abstinence. I have a friend who is overweight, not fat, she failed after 4 weeks abstinence. I was a daily smoker at the time (after 5 PM-full time job etc), she smoked tough all day. Bummer for her, she didn't get the job.

thanks cascadia. i read through that stuff... =) i think i'm just being paranoid. i'm not really a "regular" user, i only smoke like MAYBE once a month, and it's been two weeks since i smoked ONE bowl, so i think i should be alright. =) I sweat my ass off at work every day and drink enough fluids (water included) that i shouldn't have a problem...

Marijuana - a max of 30 days ... if you know a test is comming, DON'T BLAZE THAT DOOBIE!
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK