• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

we are so much like vampires

gabriel

Bluelighter
hello everyone! this is an excerpt from a novel that i am (slowly slowly) writing:
We are so much like vampires, he says.
We are creatures of the night; while we are not burned by the light of morning, we are shocked by it. Shocked, and soothed. Rays of light made tangible by kicked-up dust and vaporized sweat have been known to bring tears to our eyes and warm our skin. The day is our sleep time. Breakfast is forgotten.
On the dark city sidewalks our feet make little noise. Walking requires so little effort when every muscle that wraps around your calf is strong.
We recognize each other as we pass, despite the people’s recent attempts to imitate us. We too are pulled to look at the shared grace of a gait, the peace within, and we put knowing smiles into each other’s eyes when we pass.
We are initiated into the life, not fully knowing what it encompasses. The wonderful change that it makes. Our mentor does not bite us on the neck to usher us, but does coach us through the terribly beautiful changes that we must endure when we shed one life for another: the sweating, pupils wide and teeth clenched and grinding.
Once chosen, there is no going back.
We have beauty and grace thrust upon us. There is a hand that scoops us up and allows us to move in a way that is both practiced and completely natural. Very impressive to others. People see us and say, how do you do that, teach me.
We have a tremendous thirst for something that, upon satisfaction, brings utter bliss and relief. It is the music I speak of here, the way our minds have been re-programmed to plug into a rhythm and be fed by it. It replaces food, the way blood does.
We have lost interest in sex. Its rewards can only be so good.
We are not understood by most, and as such are feared and lectured. This forces us further underground. Our gatherings take on a furtive rush that makes our joy more intense and our bonds deeper. We choose to not be in conflict with the masses, but instead work amongst them. We do not look for converts, indeed their initiation takes so much time away from our revelling in ourselves, but if the right person asks, we will consider. Some are worth it. Of course, then we must deal with the guilt.
I, personally, he says, am even closer to the vampires than most of my kind. I live among rats and bats. And I have a calling.
take care all!

Very image envoking piece... I'm not sure I agree with all of it, but as a reader I'm intrigued all the same. Haven't lost interest in sex, though
wink.gif

Being a vampire myself, you have some good insights into our lives. Very good. A +
------------------
Peace, Love, And Unity Cause thats what ravers stand for
One Nation, Underground, Indivisible, With Liberty, and Music for all.