We are LIVE and WORLDWIDE, back and better than ever!

Is there a way to get it to stay on desktop without having to change it every time I log in?

I honestly am unsure what you mean about 'desktop' and changing it. Can you provide any screenshots?

Oh aye, I forgot about PMs. Er, where are they?

On my PC (don't know about mobile) they are in the top right hand corner. There's your member name(your profile), then an envelope icon (PM's) a bell (Notices) and the ever popular magnifying glass (search)

On my PC (don't know about mobile) they are in the top right hand corner. There's your member name(your profile), then an envelope icon (PM's) a bell (Notices) and the ever popular magnifying glass (search)

Aah, cheers. I see they are now called 'conversations'... :poop:

I honestly am unsure what you mean about 'desktop' and changing it. Can you provide any screenshots?

First image default mobile site,
Second image desktop site accessed by clicking on the 3 dots at top right corner and selecting 'desktop site'.

Every time I log out it defaults back to the mobile version.

Btw, I use a mobile phone but prefer the desktop versions of any site (though the Xhamster mobile site is not too bad...;) '

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190405-205644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190405-205644_Chrome.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190405-205656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190405-205656_Chrome.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 7
First image default mobile site,
Second image desktop site accessed by clicking on the 3 dots at top right corner and selecting 'desktop site'.

So, here's a problem....I don't have that 'desktop site' option on my phone WTF? I guess I'll have to dig around a bit. Thank you.

So, here's a problem....I don't have that 'desktop site' option on my phone WTF? I guess I'll have to dig around a bit. Thank you.

It was Tranced that gave me that tip, but said it was on Android - which I am. Perhaps you're on one of them godawful iphone thingamajigs? :unsure:

im not sure where this desktop option is supposed to be either

Are all the blogs lost for good? I knew I should have printed mine out...

The whole forum just became "unread" for me, for some reason.

EDIT: I can't mark forums or threads read at all. This makes the forum unusable.

Don't despair SJB I think someone is fiddling around with everything. My approval queue just jumped to 466 and all threads are bolded, text looks messed up, location is bolded etc. Would probably be easier if done in the sandbox tbh.

Are all the blogs lost for good? I knew I should have printed mine out...

BLOGS are not gone for good. As noted in the ANNOUNCEMENT we are having trouble getting them ported over. Default import just takes ALL of the BLOGS and makes it a forum full'o'threads, which could work but we were hoping to get something more akin to the old BLOG add-on in terms of looks and functionality. That's not working out so well as yet. All the posts are there, with replies, but it's a jumbled mess. At a minimum, we can drop back and just run it like a forum but we're wanting to invest a bit more time to get them looking right before we give up and use that default.

The whole forum just became "unread" for me, for some reason.

EDIT: I can't mark forums or threads read at all. This makes the forum unusable.

Don't despair SJB I think someone is fiddling around with everything. My approval queue just jumped to 466 and all threads are bolded, text looks messed up, location is bolded etc. Would probably be easier if done in the sandbox tbh.

CFC is correct, admin are working on the style to try and make things more readable, but we don't have our sandbox yet to try things out so such tweaking is being done on the live site and we should all expect some bumps in the experience for the next week or so while we are trying to fix things. We hope to have a sandbox to try these fixes offline within the week so you aren't subjected to the ups and downs but for now you'll have to bear with us.

I mean for changing colours. Sorry if I'm being obtuse but it's been a shitty day from wake up until now. I have a hard time seei g the forum with these soft pastel colours.

thx for any help.

Tom

I have a very nice (and free) dark skin that I found online, although I'm having trouble installing it since we left the XenForo sandbox that we used for testing.

I'm trying to figure out how to get it back working again, and we should also have some really slick, customisable (paid for) modern skins coming soon, if people would prefer to use them (I know I will be).

It was Tranced that gave me that tip, but said it was on Android - which I am. Perhaps you're on one of them godawful iphone thingamajigs? :unsure:

im not sure where this desktop option is supposed to be either

It's on firefox. Check the three dots to drop the drop down menu, then select 'request desktop site'.