• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

We all must fight for our rights

Epsilon Alpha

Bluelighter
Hello,

For the past two years I have gone by the moniker "Epsilon Alpha" and have served as a mod for this board for nearly as long. One thing I have not mentioned on this board is I aspire to become a politician. While I do not adhere to or preform any sort of extremist actions I believe my activities on this site could be misconstrued and used as banter against me should I run for any sort of office. Recent events pertaining to the Snowden NSA leaks such as PRISM, Xkeyscore, and undoubtedly more to come have made it clear that all web activities can be recorded and used against you. While my interest in pharmacology is fueled by my passion for the scientific and harm reduction for individuals who may not have the training needed to interpret the latest research (read: intellectual masturbation+humanism) it can be played against me.

I will be retiring from actively contributing to "questionable" material and will focus on being the best physician I can be and slowly gaining rank in whatever political party best fits my interests. It is with a heavy heart I must say that I will likely not be returning to this forum under this moniker, but if progress is made in improving online anonymity I may attempt to post more of my findings on the nature of amphetamine tolerance and toxicity in due time. To those select few that are privy to my identity by my choice I may choose to forward information to you regarding my personal wishes.

To the remaining mods I suggest that you tighten your internet security (Sekio, with all due respect it took me 15 minutes to find your exact identity). I also ask you to leave this thread open and foster a discussion of the new age of waning internet anonymity and how to fight back. I have chosen my path of peaceful resistance and though I may be playing the long game, I hope to eventually win while keeping with the values of democracy I value so. Please, I ask each and every one of you to do what you can to preserve your privacy via encryption, novel OS's, and whatever other practices that may entail.

To those who undoubtedly watch this site to hunt for the latest keywords. This is not a surrender. This is one user rising to the challenge of saving free speech and supporting their ideals through non-violent methods.

Best,
Epsilon Alpha

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/nsa-top-secret-program-online-data

All the best! Maybe the TOR network can help you disguise?

I wish you good luck in your political endeavours. I've always had a special place in my heart for all the ADD contributors so it pains me to see any of them leave, but on the other hand it's really heart warming to know that such a person is out there on the political field putting forth the same ideas and values they do here on bluelight.

Thank you very much for your contributions to this site! Especially since so many blue-lighters share similar concerns. Its understandable that you feel best and safe about leaving for your future. I hope maybe we can see you again sometime, but I wish you the best in whatever endeavors you choose, good luck. :)

Really sad to hear this, but you've got to do what's best for you.

Maybe consider taking some time now to write down your personal philosophy in relation to bluelight, harm reduction, etc. That way you'll have something to remind yourself once your time here is a fading memory.

If you do find yourself in a position of power in the future, I think having a document like that might help you resist the party line, and fight for what you believe in instead.

Good luck!