• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Watson Fentanyl Patch Woes

Five04

Greenlighter
I am having trouble filling my mother's prescription for the Watson Fentanyl Patch She has been on for ages, is anyone else running into this issue? How do you get through these times? Are you able to tolerate other brands well or you have to search around for other pharmacies? I haven't had much luck finding another Pharmacy that carries Watson personally, and you can't simply call around and ask because they have to just tell you "we can't speak about Controlled substances over the phone, so you have to spend days driving to every pharmacy basically in my experience, please share your experiences.

There are only two major wholesaler suppliers - McKesson, and and second, ask who they order from, occasionally a chain can order from they're non-preferred supplier if they're out of a particular product. Worth asking.

i'd try telling them your story and sounding sincere and maybe even offering to put your mom on the phone. They are trying to ween out the drug seekers, not hassel legitimate customers. Explain why your mom needs that brand and sound legitimate and if you get a 19 year old pharm tech ask to speak to the actual pharmacist. Be prepared to be put on hold or wait for a call back. be persistent but nice, sound exacerbated and confused as to why it is such a hassle to get your moms medicine.

As far as i know there are no regulations saying they cant tell you what generics they carry, they just dont want every junky in town wasting all their time all day calling every five minutes.

The Costco Pharmacy in Oxnard California has Watson Brand. In CA no pharmacy can exclude anyone so you don't need a Costco membership. The front desk will give you a pass. Ive been there maybe 20 times. They can be weird about how the prescription is written so give ample time for them to call the doctor. Also better to deal with the Pharmacy Manager.

In terms of calling around to find meds, sometimes the small pharmacies are more helpful. Rogers Pharmacy in Ventura CA is beyond helpful. Best Pharmacy I have ever been to. They only carry the Mallinckrodt there, but the lack of hassle is worth it usually.

Not sure where you live, but Good Luck!