• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Water intake and opiate duration

RTrain

Bluelighter
I consider myself to be someone who drinks a pretty lot of water. I just have gotten into this habit, well before I became an addict in my mid 20s, and have kept doing so. I basically only drink water and milk. Except for the occasional OJ/AJ,CranJ or of course things with alcohol in them.

i'd put y aveage water intake at around 1/2 gallon per day, which seems to be a lot compared to most people, seeing as people make a big deal out of drinking a gallon/day like it's some type of life altering challenge. I feel I could and also I probably do drink a whole gallon of water on hot Summer days(sorry not counting the ounces but pretty sure I do). I see other people who barely drink any water throughout the day. The most common things I see people drinking are things like sugary sports drinks, or sodas and diet sodas.

Another thing I notice about myself is that I metabolize opiates/opioids very fast. Too fast for my liking. I know many people who are taking the same things as me, often at similar doses. I will almost always need to redose after no more than 6 hours of sleep if I want to get any more sleep than that. While other people tell me that is not an issue for them. I've only heard of one person who told me they would wake up in the middle of the night and redose because they needed it to finish their night's sleep and he had a monster had of as much as 1500 mg of oxy per day. Anyone else notice drinking a lot of water can seem to reduce the duration of your opiates effects?

From my experience, I was one to take in a large amount of water mainly to make it easier to find a vain. That said I never noticed a shortness in the effects, really the quality of the drugs I was getting was more noticeable on the high than anything else. Considering you have a fast metabolisim in regards to opiates it may be that you require more water intake than others, and as such you feel a diminished effect from opiates.

I never noticed much of a correlation between water intake and duration.

Some people just have faster metabolisms then others...

And like TwoFive suggested, quality could likely be a huge contributing factor if we're talking about street drugs.

I've also found tolerance to be a major contributing factor. Eventually the amount of drug levels required in you to keep you out of withdrawal go up, so you go into withdrawal sooner after dosing. It also seems the body "learns" how to metabolise and remove drugs quicker with longer and more frequent use.

It shouldn't matter, at all.

But it's good that you drink alot of water, because during opioid use the amount of salive lessens, and dry mouth is terrible for your teeth's health.

I suppose you're familiar with buprenorphine. It's cheaper, safer and has a much longer half-life than morphine. It's also affected by Grapefruit Juice, or should be, at least. I'm not sure if this goes for other opioids.

Bupe has a long half-life, that's true, but there's not much enjoyable effect to potentiate, much less appreciate the longer amount of time it's in your system.

Leads me to a question, though. What opioids have you been taking, OP?