• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Wasting my coke- help with cooking and smoking technique.

Harambulus

Greenlighter
I bought a 'G' last night from some guy I knwo 1st time. Didn't trust him too much and it was 570mg for a 'g'. Anyway I did a numby test and it was real numb right quick so thought good. So seems good powder I think I've been cooking it wrong.

How do I know that I've cooked it all? From my cpl attempts it seems pretty easy cos I tried adding more soda and water and after a bit this makes no diff.

So I'm thinking maybe my dosages are wrong. I was going slow to begin with but I have been going up a bit- I still only had a couple of mediocre lungs worth so far.

I intially put out 120 ish mg in powder and split into 3 to practice my cooking.

So I have have had (less than no doubt)120mgs over the course of a cpl hours. I've had a couple of verges of a decent high but nothing satisfactory. I would have been better snorting that though I don't snort and will not compriomise on this hence why I'm trying the smoking method.

So what's the deal? I'm using a lightbulb vape and not losing any smoke...

Also should there be any residue left? I read that the crack is spose to melt, should it melt to nothing? cos atm I'm left with off white lumps in the bulbs which won't smoke even when I leave the light on them for ages. Does this indicate left over coke or left over bicarb/the cut? like I said they wouldn't fizz any more when cooking up.

Should I just be dosing higher? What is average dose in mgs for a nice high without any tolerance?

You probably have weak coke and freebasing it with all the other cut still in there left you with heavily adulterated crack. Next time try purifying your coke first with an anhydrous acetone wash and then water recrystallization.

^Good idea. I have also come across cook-up that was real shitty, seemed like there was way too much baking soda in it and it wouldn't smoke right. Such a waste. Good crack should be off white/yellowish and it melts into an oily liquid. I wouldn't smoke it out of a lightbulb, it needs direct flame to smoke right. A glass stem with chore boy (like brillo) as a screen is the best way. The crack kinda melts into the chore boy and you'll get a huge blast. A rock the size of a pencil eraser should yield you atleast 3-4 decent hits. You want to take as big a hit as possible and hold it in as long as possible. Once you hear the bells a ringin' you know you got a good hit.

^^This. Trying to smoke crack any other way except a straight shooter doesn't work for shit. Also trying to rock up 40 mgs at a time? No, it works a lot better with more.

I thought turning it to freebase would take out some of the cut and make it purer. Or have I been misled?

when you cook it dump everything into a pre wetted coffee filter and scrape it off with a knife then smoke it on foil. When you first heat it it should crackle then turn into a clear liquid that looks like a drop of water running down the foil

ya that white stuff in ur bulb is cause u used 2 much soda
u cn smash the stuff n get a lil more smokey outa it
dont add alot of water just a couple drops n dont heat that shit too much just like till u hear it start bublin... get ur tooter over that shit too homeboy

A light-bulb would be more like a meth pipe, right? Well, you can't smoke crack with a meth pipe, that's for sure. Smoke may develop, but it probably doesn't have the right temperature. Crack needs to be coaxed with a flame, not burnt, but coaxed (contacted with a flame for short time spans). So your coke/crack may not be that shitty. Your technique and hardware is. Try making a pipe out of a beer can and ashes. That's a proper crack-smoking method, not the very best, but an proven one.

Or try smoking a tiny bit on an alu foil. Heat the foil from below with a lighter (small flame!) and suck in the smoke with a straw as it rises.

If it's poor quality dont even bother trying to wash as it wont work. If you do have decent I used the following and it worked > 0.5 gram of coke on a large spoon add 0.15 of baking soda and add a few drops of water till the powder is mushy then heat under the spoon till it start bubbling up then flash the lighter on and off till it turns to a thick liquid, in the centre of the liquid there should be the start of the rock drying out, use a match and spin in the centre where it is starting to dry out -the rock will then form on the end of the match, keep spinning in the liquid till you have the whole wash on the end of the match and place on cd case to dry. The better the coke the faster it dries out. If you follow these steps and have bad quality coke it will stay as a mush and never dry.

Well I got some decent enough hits yesterday, enough to know what the crack deal was all about. Soon after posting I started to get the hang of it I think- taking some bigger hits.

Smoked through the day and tbh I got bored of the high by the end but since I only had a 100mg or so left it was like 'forcing it down' since it also wasn't having that great and effect (diminishing returns).

Anyhow I was curious about it and glad I tried it to 'get it off my chest' but I have no interest to have it again really.

good^ some people it takes a life time to learn what you just said :D
Not tryna hate on rawx or teh consumers of it, but its just not worth losing your teeth over a few minutes of twack'd out sketchiness

This is annoying. Since reading the above posts I began to feel 'cheated' that I didn't get good hits.

This in itself I have marked as a dangerous thought loop because who is awarded the title of best hit technique but those with most experience- i.e. the full blown/regular user/'crackhead'. The same thought followed to its logical conclusion could lead one into full fledged dependence. Similar to how reaching the heights in any skill requires commitment to the cause from the individual.

I don't want to take it again though but my mind is trying to niggle me that it wasn't a good experiment. I know this is not good form, how do I quell this?

I did get some good hits by the end of the session from the bulb, they count right? I would burn the bulb for ages maybe 30 seconds or slow and then the rock would smoke and I found drawing in slowly was the way to allow me to get longer hits. I also got the numb mouth and throat on the bigger hits.

After a run of these good hits too I got a high such that I was stupefied for a few seconds so took to laying on the floor (as I have done in the past when I get a big hit of euphoria) I then got the urge to take my clothes off and rushed to the computer to masturbate.

I really don't want to make this excuse be a rationale for trying it again. I am quite OCD though so I find things like this can niggle at me. How can I rectify this issue?

Last edited:
just use enough soda untill it stops precipitating (bubbleing and coming to the top of the water) just remember crack wont disolve into water and when its hot its in kind of an oil ontop of trhe water and once it cools down with ice itl turn into one solid peice and when burnt off foil theyl b practicly nothing left, id smoke in a rose tube tho with brillo if i was u. :D gl!

Last edited:
Ya I've been smoking for some time now. But only recently got my first real strong bell ringer. Wow awesome

I tried cooking my own up once, I ended up with freebase rather than crack. It was fucking good stuff but trying to cook up with small amounts (I had 0.8g) isn't worth it in my opinion. I was just experimenting so maybe it was my technique but the amount of final product wasn't worth the bother. And in my experience if you've got good crack/freebase you don't get bored of the high, you chase that shit until you've sold everything you own.