• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Was this an attempted suicide?

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Years ago I had recreationally dosed sleepers/benzos, and forgot, then I snorted 4mg subutex.
I wasn't suicidal, and didn't deliberately do it.
I remembered and got really drowsy. I was depressed as I had massive problems I could not see a way out of.
INSTEAD of bothering to phone the emergency services when drowsy, I wrote a note saying something like "If I die, this was not a suicide, it was an accidental drug overdose"
As I never bothered to phone emergency services, was this an attempted suicide? consciously or unconsciously.

How come, that’s scary
You already knew the answer when you asked the question.

You wrote a suicide note (yes, it was).
You didn’t call for help when you knew you were in trouble.

The part where you answered your own question:
I was depressed as I had massive problems I could not see a way out of.

I hope you are at a much better stage of your life now. ❤️

You already knew the answer when you asked the question.

You wrote a suicide note (yes, it was).
You didn’t call for help when you knew you were in trouble.

The part where you answered your own question:

I hope you are at a much better stage of your life now. ❤️
No I am not unfortunately but karmic debt and ghost hood stop me killing myself.
I didn’t take the subutex and benzos together deliberately, attempted suicide attracts karmic debt.

No I am not unfortunately but karmic debt and ghost hood stop me killing myself.
I didn’t take the subutex and benzos together deliberately, attempted suicide attracts karmic debt.
I realise you think that and I’m sure you’d like to hold yourself to those standards all the time but you were on benzos. There was some part of you that wanted it (consciously or subconsciously) which is why you didn’t bother calling emergency services. You were lucky to be unsuccessful.

I am sorry you are still feeling depressed. I’m not sure where you’re from but please do reach out to someone. There should be an organisation trained to offer you support. If not, then you’ve always got here. ❤️

I realise you think that and I’m sure you’d like to hold yourself to those standards all the time but you were on benzos. There was some part of you that wanted it (consciously or subconsciously) which is why you didn’t bother calling emergency services. You were lucky to be unsuccessful.

I am sorry you are still feeling depressed. I’m not sure where you’re from but please do reach out to someone. There should be an organisation trained to offer you support. If not, then you’ve always got here. ❤️
Unfortunately there isn’t anyone to reach out to.
If I wanted to commit suicide I would’ve taken the Supertex and benzos together. I don’t want karmic debt for attempted suicide as that is a sin.

Unfortunately there isn’t anyone to reach out to.
If I wanted to commit suicide I would’ve taken the Supertex and benzos together. I don’t want karmic debt for attempted suicide as that is a sin.
I’m glad you’re not actively thinking about suicide.

I’m glad you’re not actively thinking about suicide.
Sri Aurobindo said suicide is like a nightmare you can’t wake up from.
Life feels like that to me, suicide would be worse. I feel guilty for choosing a note over an ambulance.

Sri Aurobindo said suicide is like a nightmare you can’t wake up from.
Life feels like that to me, suicide would be worse. I feel guilty for choosing a note over an ambulance.
Don’t feel guilty, we can’t help how we feel, even if it is something subconscious. I’ve worked with a few religious people who’ve attempted suicide and they all denied it was intentional at the start. It takes a while of reminding someone that these decisions take place when you’re mentally very unwell.

Don’t feel guilty, we can’t help how we feel, even if it is something subconscious. I’ve worked with a few religious people who’ve attempted suicide and they all denied it was intentional at the start. It takes a while of reminding someone that these decisions take place when you’re mentally very unwell.
Do you mind asking me what you work(Ed) as to meet these people.
How can someone deny attempting suicide.
I once thought I knew how to die with a cocktail of drugs, I bought them, but told someone first. The cocktail could have been wrong.

Do you mind asking me what you work(Ed) as to meet these people.
How can someone deny attempting suicide.
I once thought I knew how to die with a cocktail of drugs, I bought them, but told someone first. The cocktail could have been wrong.
I’ve done a lot of volunteer work with people in crisis. I always followed up with them.

They denied it because it goes against their belief system the the rules in which they are supposed to live their lives. They denied it because in Ireland a religious person committing suicide or attempting it is still very much taboo.

I’ve done a lot of volunteer work with people in crisis. I always followed up with them.

They denied it because it goes against their belief system the the rules in which they are supposed to live their lives. They denied it because in Ireland a religious person committing suicide or attempting it is still very much taboo.
Thank you for coming back to me and sharing what you have done.
You sound like a very caring and insightful person.
I never had my current belief system at the time I took the Subutex and Benzodiazepines and failed to contact emergency services.
Maybe I was afraid to have my Valium prescription removed from me.
Does this for change anything or is it still deemed a suicide attempt.
I am mainly upset about this truth because In my current belief system to attempt to harm yourself or kill yourself attracts karmic debt in other words I have punishment to look forward to in my next reincarnation.
I get a lot of my belief system from the Hindus as their teachings make the most sense to me. I just wish I had read then at a much earlier stage in my life, As this would not only have prevented me making wrong choices it would have prevented me taking drugs and feeling so depressed and overwhelmed with the wrong chances that I have made.
A suicide attempts to me is an attempt to some of the gift of life back in the face of the creator.

Thank you for coming back to me and sharing what you have done.
You sound like a very caring and insightful person.
I never had my current belief system at the time I took the Subutex and Benzodiazepines and failed to contact emergency services.
Maybe I was afraid to have my Valium prescription removed from me.
Does this for change anything or is it still deemed a suicide attempt.
I am mainly upset about this truth because In my current belief system to attempt to harm yourself or kill yourself attracts karmic debt in other words I have punishment to look forward to in my next reincarnation.
I get a lot of my belief system from the Hindus as their teachings make the most sense to me. I just wish I had read then at a much earlier stage in my life, As this would not only have prevented me making wrong choices it would have prevented me taking drugs and feeling so depressed and overwhelmed with the wrong chances that I have made.
A suicide attempts to me is an attempt to some of the gift of life back in the face of the creator.
I personally believe that if there is any creator then they would forgive you for your past indiscretions if you are truly sorry and have changed. We all make mistakes, it’s part of what makes us human, we learn from them.

In Irish we have a funny saying, “there’s no use boiling your cabbage twice”. This means, what’s happened in the past has happened. You ruin today’s meal by worrying about it. You need to forgive yourself and let go of it. ❤️