• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Was my weed laced with salvia? Or was this k2? Or just a bad weed experience?

Xxjlpxx

Greenlighter
So, I had an experience when I was 17 (I'm 24 now) that I'd basically just chalked up to a really bad reaction to weed or some kind of oxygen deprivation. It wasn't until yesterday when I told my boyfriend more details about it that he said it sounds exactly like a salvia trip. I wanted to get some opinions from here.

I had never smoked anything besides cigarettes before, and I had been wanting to try weed for a while. One of my close friends got a blunt from her sister and brought it to my house one night. We went out on my balcony to smoke it, and I'm pretty sure I took anywhere from 3-5 hits. I expected to just be mellowed out, but what happened was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

I remember about a minute after I took the last hit, everything went black. It was all complete darkness around me except when I looked into the sky, I could see Saturn instead of the moon. After what seemed like 20 minutes of darkness, I came to and realized my friend was next to me, laughing, and she said "you're so high right now".
I remember trying to tell her that I didn't feel good and that something wasn't right.
After that, she brought me into my room and we laid in bed.

What I remember next was so strange, and it literally felt like years. I was laying there with my eyes closed but all I could see and hear were gears turning in my head. Lots of them, and it physically hurt my head when they would turn. I can't explain it, but it felt like this went on for so, so long. I remember thinking I had died and was in hell, because these gears wouldn't stop and they were painful. I even remember trying to reach for a gun because I wanted it to stop so badly.

The whole time this was happening, I was shaking uncontrollably. Like a deep tremor that wouldn't stop no matter what. I could feel and hear my heart pounding. But the shaking is so vivid in my mind because it was so jarring and uncomfortable. That went on for around 20 minutes.

Then my sister came in and tried to snap me out of it, but my hearing and vision kept fading in and out. Each time I looked at her, there were multiple of her and her voice was all echoed and faint.
All of this went on for what seemed like hours, until I finally came out of it a little bit, but I felt weird for days.

I've always thought I smoked too much too fast and it fucked with my head. The thought of it being laced had crossed my mind, but I dismissed it because my friend was completely fine the whole time. She was actually laughing the entire time (I don't put any blame on her, as she thought I was just super high).

Any thoughts on this? The stuff I've looked up about salvia actually seem to line up with my experience. Thanks in advance!

That is very unusual, friend. I suspect it may have been spice/synthetic cannabinoids

Taking one too many hits with no tolerance and I've had some absolutely awful experiences. Similar to that but without the hallucinations.

have you smoked since then?

I would put my money on a spice/k2 overdose.

I would think it to be very unusual for someone to lace weed with salvia like that and not tell you.

The fact that she wasn't freaking out like you is she probably had a high tolerance.

Its very hard to comment on your experience. The best solution, although maybe too late now, is to test the stuff. There are many drug testing services worldwide who can ascertain the contents of what you have. Perhaps you could buy the same stuff again (obviously dont smoke it again) in a smaller amount, or smallest amount, and send it off for analysis? This will give you concrete proof that you had X, Y, Z present.

Because you hallucinated I wouldnt say it was spice, although if it was your first time both the weed and the spice together could have been enough to cause an extreme reaction. I am pretty sure several years ago I had quite a few bags of weed that were laced with spice. I never hallucinated though.

It could be PCP.

I'd say you either greened out or you had synthetic cannabinoids. The odds that weed is laced is extremely low. A dealer wouldn't sell two drugs for the price of one.

Can't really say with it being that far back. Were you the only person that smoked it, because that would help inform your perspective. Have you used cannabis since then, and if so how did it compare?

It could have been synthetic cannabinoids, or it could have been cannabis and you just had a strong reaction. My first time smoking cannabis caused the entire world to turn black and white, my vision to strobe whenever I moved, and time to slow to a crawl. It was an awful, awful experience. That was with low quality bud, too. We're all different.

More than likely you smoked K2 and the reason I say that is because of the fast heart rate, anxiety and the dirty feelings you got from that high, K2 can certainly make you hallucinate like you did. But also it lasted way longer than a Salvia trip would.

Also nobody really laces weed with salvia but people have been known to pass K2 off as weed

Its very hard to comment on your experience. The best solution, although maybe too late now, is to test the stuff. There are many drug testing services worldwide who can ascertain the contents of what you have. Perhaps you could buy the same stuff again (obviously dont smoke it again) in a smaller amount, or smallest amount, and send it off for analysis? This will give you concrete proof that you had X, Y, Z present.

Because you hallucinated I wouldnt say it was spice, although if it was your first time both the weed and the spice together could have been enough to cause an extreme reaction. I am pretty sure several years ago I had quite a few bags of weed that were laced with spice. I never hallucinated though.

It could be PCP.
Spice can certainly make you hallucinate, I know from experience that you can. I've smoked PCP a handful of times knowingly and it doesn't do that to you. PCP is a disassociative

Any thoughts on this?

M'yep, maybe.

As i vaguely recall Salvia Divinorum vaporizes around 277 ° C, while combustion in cannabis occurs around ~204 °C or so (which sounds like a mystery to me!). All that matters is this: it wouldn't even be an issue to debate if consumption methods were designed to be molecule-specific. Or at least task-specific like when a packetized source of energy and its associated workload are rigorously matched, for starter.

That's my two cents. 🪙🪙

I'm not a doctor, but your experience does sound intense and somewhat atypical for someone using cannabis for the first time, especially given the described visual, auditory, and sensory alterations. That said, salvia divinorum, commonly referred to as salvia, can produce strong dissociative and hallucinogenic effects in users.

Here are some reasons your experience might align with a salvia trip:

1. Dissociation and Hallucination: Salvia is known to produce strong dissociative effects, causing users to feel detached from their surroundings and their body. Users often report vivid hallucinations, such as seeing objects or entities that are not present.
  2. Duration: While cannabis effects can last for several hours, especially with edibles, smoked salvia's effects are typically short-lived, lasting anywhere from a few minutes to around 30 minutes. Your experience of what seemed like hours but was actually much shorter does align with the time distortion often reported with salvia.
  3. Physical Sensations: The sensation of gears turning in your head, although unique, resembles the kind of tactile hallucinations some users report on salvia. Some users describe sensations like being pulled, twisted, stretched, or even turned into inanimate objects.
  4. Emotional Intensity: Salvia trips can be incredibly intense and can range from euphoric to terrifying. Some users report feelings of existential dread or the sensation of dying.
  5. Differences in Effects: It's also possible for two people to smoke the same substance and have drastically different experiences. This variability is particularly true for hallucinogenic substances like salvia. Your friend laughing and thinking you were just "high" could be because she didn't experience the same effects you did or didn't perceive the severity of your experience.
That being said, cannabis, especially when consumed in large quantities by an inexperienced user, can produce strong effects, including paranoia, time distortion, hallucinations, and intense anxiety. Given that you've only described a single experience, it's hard to definitively conclude what you consumed.

There is no way to tell what a possible substance was/is without chemical analysis or purchase from a legal source. or growing it yourself/obtaining directly from a grower.

My first time getting really high caused audio and opened eyed visual hallucinations (music notes started floating out of the speakers in my friend’s basement). I would have sworn that someone else at the party was talking backwards. Of course all in my head and non of this happened.

A couple years after that I ate 3g hash without knowing what to expect. mo effect after2ish hours so I went to bed. Woke up and I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that my next door neighbor (provincial drug enforcement) was sitting on my chest pointing a gun in my face. Again not real.

Fast forward years and I now get open eyed visuals (Mayan type patterns) after I vape or consume edibles. I attribute that to the fact that I’m on a new type of dialysis. Also not real but rather pleasant.

Throughout the years I’ve had audio distortions, time stretching and etc. Differences in physiology, tolerance, whether or not you’ve recently eaten can all play a part.

I once asked a friend if the weed he sold me was laced - but there literally wasn’t anything that it could have been laced with at the time.

But the Salvia; yep that’s pretty weird shit.

Tom

There is no way to tell what a possible substance was/is without chemical analysis or purchase from a legal source. or growing it yourself/obtaining directly from a grower.
You're correct that the most reliable way to determine the identity of a substance is through chemical analysis, typically performed in a lab setting using techniques like mass spectrometry or gas chromatography. These methods can provide highly accurate information about a substance's composition.

You're correct that the most reliable way to determine the identity of a substance is through chemical analysis, typically performed in a lab setting using techniques like mass spectrometry or gas chromatography. These methods can provide highly accurate information about a substance's composition.
Yup that’s what I did for 27+ years before my kidneys were shot to shit. Typically we would do Thin Layer Chromatography/colour reaction as a low level test and then move on to Infrared, Elemental Analysis and NMR and then move on to either HPLC w/post column flourescent derivitization and/or GC/MS. When I moved away from human Pharmacology and into Animal Science we specifically knew what we were looking for and used GC/MS right away.

And if we knew what a sample contained, we would use spiked blank samples to create nice standard curves. The human work was nerve wracking b/c I worked with all kinds of bodily fluids (some w/HIV infections) and the Animal Science work was nerve wracking b/c it was all about output - the more samples you could process the better.

In both cases we would run external samples and that generated a lot of $ for lab funding.

I miss playing with the toys, but not the pressure from above.

Tom

How many triple-column gas thing, whatever something does the Québekers have working in behalf of the cannabis users? One? Two?... How much an hour just for the staff alone? For a sample?... A poor sod forced to show his I.D. even past 85 at the SQdC, perhaps?! ...

Salvia has a very distinct fishy taste to it youd notice it. Also i dont know why someone would lace weed with salvia. Ive neer had synthetic cannabinoids as why would i bother but i have not hesrd good things about them.

How many triple-column gas thing, whatever something does the Québekers have working in behalf of the cannabis users? One? Two?... How much an hour just for the staff alone? For a sample?... A poor sod forced to show his I.D. even past 85 at the SQdC, perhaps?! ...
For a single sample by an accredited lab? $250-500 Probably the same amount from a university lab. No idea how many GC/MS in Quebec; hundreds if not close to a 1000. Most used in private industry/research and not oriented towards Cannabinoids.

Tom