• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was Judas a hero and most trusted disciple, or a traitor?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Was Judas a hero and most trusted disciple, or a traitor?

Most people see Judas as a traitor in the myth of the crucifixion. Few recognize that Jesus was asking his most trusted disciple, Judas, to turn him over to the Jews and Pilate.

Most are unaware of the meaning of the sop that Jesus gave to Judas at the last supper. Without knowing the definition and meaning of that word, it is not surprising that most think of Judas as they do. The completely wrong way.

A sop is basically a gift or conciliatory bribe, something that seals a deal. That is what Jesus gave Judas, his most trusted disciple. We know he was Jesus’ favorite because he was Jesus’ banker.

Dictionary reference for sop.
Something that is done or given to someone in order to prevent trouble, gain support, etc.
A conciliatory gift or bribe.

Without the betrayal, Jesus would not have died for us, as Yahweh had planned, and scriptures say that Judas also had no choice as that would have derailed god’s plan.

If any blame for Jesus’ death is to be given, it must be to Yahweh, whose plan, scriptures say must come to pass. Meaning that Yahweh would have to control all the players including Judas.

Scriptures show Jesus persuading Judas to do what he would not ordinarily have thought of doing.

Judas believed that Jesus was the messiah who was to rise again to lead the Jews. This lie imposed by Yahweh.

Was Judas a good man doing Jesus’ will or was he a traitor?

Regards
DL

All I gotta say is summarised here, enjoy

"you have to tell those guys downtown that the time is long overdue
But wait a minute Jude -don't stick around cos nobodys gonna dig you
Baby, nobody's gonna love you"

Apologies.

Can't watch it. My head set is fried.

If you think it worthy, please give a synopsis.

Regards
DL

Apologies.

Can't watch it. My head set is fried.

If you think it worthy, please give a synopsis.

Regards
DL

Can't give synopsis or thoughts atm. My head is fried :)

thought you'd appreciate the song lyric...here is is

I was the Master's best friend, he was the only man I knew
It's been a tall harvest, and he turned us all on too
But my lips are sealed by history and my tale I cannot tell
My name is Jude Iscariot and my home address is Hell
My home address is Hell

So baby don't you grieve after me, no no no Don't you grieve after me
And baby don't you grieve after me, no no no Don't you grieve after me
And Baby you don't grieve after me

It was two hours gone midnight when he called me to his side
He said, "hey Jude, I need you Boy, I need you to take a ride
I need you to tell those guys downtown that my time is long overdue
And wait a minute Jude, don't stick around 'cos no body's gonna dig you

And baby don't you grieve me when I'm here, Don't you grieve me when I'm gone

Now you've got all the silver and no forgiveness in your heart
And I've got 20 feet of rope to end just where your guessing game starts
I've got endless books to write, you got no tale I cannot tell
but the only way you'll ever hear me Is if you're living in the same Hell
If you're living in the same Hell
If you're living in the same Hell

Jesus and Judas most likely didn't exist. Even if they did, who gives a shit about the Bible. I mean, other than idiots.

The crucifixion fable probably isn't false, but it really doesn't matter if Jesus of Nazareth never existed. Afterall plenty of people were crucified, even innocent ones. Who cares if this guy was innocent or not? We don't even know him

That's the thing that's always bugged me about Christianity. We're supposed to care about these people but maybe it's just me, but I don't give a fuck. It's because I don't have any idea who they are. The descriptions are too vague

The Old Testament is all right. I can follow it fine. The New Testament is too much sing and dance for me, and sorry but I don't do either one :)

Jesus and Judas most likely didn't exist. Even if they did, who gives a shit about the Bible. I mean, other than idiots.

Idiots who are the majority and use this story and others to lie to us and make us think the way they want us to think.

Thought control like turning a hero into a villain in this case, and a satanic genocidal Yahweh in another case..

Regards
DL

The crucifixion fable probably isn't false, but it really doesn't matter if Jesus of Nazareth never existed. Afterall plenty of people were crucified, even innocent ones. Who cares if this guy was innocent or not? We don't even know him

That's the thing that's always bugged me about Christianity. We're supposed to care about these people but maybe it's just me, but I don't give a fuck. It's because I don't have any idea who they are. The descriptions are too vague

The Old Testament is all right. I can follow it fine. The New Testament is too much sing and dance for me, and sorry but I don't do either one :)

Victims of religions care, and so should all moral people.

Regards
DL

The song is intetesting but I don't like how the musician is a paedo and like Pete Townshend got the charges dropped. :-\

Victims of religions care, and so should all moral people.

Regards
DL
Then I'm neither because I was forced into Christianity but never experienced it in a spiritual way

You can't be forced to experience something that isn't you. I guess that means it isn't real

Morality is a measure of your experience anyway, not of who you know

Last edited:
Then I'm neither because I was forced into Christianity but never experienced it in a spiritual way

You can't be forced to experience something that isn't you. I guess that means it isn't real

Morality is a measure of your experience anyway, not of who you know

If experience includes what one leans without experiencing it, I agree.

Regards
DL

Dare I ask how John 12:6 fits into the view of judas the trustworthy hero?

Dont bother man. He just rambles on, trying to push buttons. One either believes, or not. Dont throw pearls before swine, remember?

Jesus could not have died for our sins if Judas(Eve Lucifer) didn't betray him for 50 pieces of Silver..

Exactly.

If Judas had not acted as Jesus wanted, Jesus could not test the old messiah myth.

Jesus failed the test but that is not relevant to our view of Judas helping him.

It is good that you are seeing all the players and their roles in this myth

Regards
DL.

If not that, then you must think that Jesus was a really poor judge of character and used a thief for his banker and most trusted apostle charged with Jesus' greatest wish. To test the old messianic myth.

Your dogma says that Jesus is god and that god cannot abide sin, and here you have Jesus using a sinner to do his work, forgetting that Satan dis not enter Judas till after Jesus gave him his mission.

Read the story sequentially and you will get it.

Regards
DL

So.. I'm very curious Bishop..

What is this thing you call "The old messianic myth?"
And how did Jesus fail?

I'm gonna guess what it means..

The myth is the idea that a true messiah cannot die, lose, or be betrayed..

This reminds me of the myth between Horus, Set, Isis and Osiris..

One of them actually got his penis removed.. only later showing his private area to be like a sun.. ever blazing.. symbolizing the death.. and resurrection.. and enlightenment.. of the hero.. or messiah..

My current line of thought is that there are many messiahs..

And based on good deeds they get promoted higher on the pyramid until literally the best messiah lives on top or above all other messiahs.

So.. I'm very curious Bishop..

What is this thing you call "The old messianic myth?"
And how did Jesus fail?

I'm gonna guess what it means..

The myth is the idea that a true messiah cannot die, lose, or be betrayed..

This reminds me of the myth between Horus, Set, Isis and Osiris..

One of them actually got his penis removed.. only later showing his private area to be like a sun.. ever blazing.. symbolizing the death.. and resurrection.. and enlightenment.. of the hero.. or messiah..

There are many oddities out there but, wrong guess buddy.

The Jewish messianic myth is the one Jesus, a Jewish Rabbi, would be thinking of, where the sacrifice returns to live and rule over the Jews.

Regards
DL