Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

If so, then he could not be the perfect sacrifice.

If not, then he had no human side and was pure god, and god cannot die which, makes the sacrifice a lie.

Could these facts be why the Jews have no Original Sin concept in their religion?

Is that also why Jews rejected Jesus as their messiah, or did they just recognize the immorality of anyone using a scapegoat and the abdication of one’s responsibility for their actions, which is against all moral legal systems?

Why have Christians embraced such an immoral and illegal concept?

Regards
DL

LOL, let us know if you figure this out.

Even more importantly what are you going to do about it even if your statement is true, other than not believe...

Tune in next week for the breath holding question: How many angels fit on the head of a pin and its practical applications in life. ;)

LOL, let us know if you figure this out.

Even more importantly what are you going to do about it even if your statement is true, other than not believe...

Tune in next week for the breath holding question: How many angels fit on the head of a pin and its practical applications in life. ;)

I see one who does not care about the harm of Christianity and their beliefs.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

You do realized that this has been discussed for Millennia, right?

I read many good books 50 years ago or more that had been written over the span of 4,000 years. No one has the answers, but it's a nice diversion. Trust me, you are not going to change the world.

Have a nice day 🌟

I see one who does not care about the harm of Christianity and their beliefs.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Christianity has had many discussions and reformations, and it is no longer homophobic/biphobic, misogynistic, or intolerant. The majority of Christians worldwide are not intolerant, misogynistic, homophobic/biphobic, violent, etc. Many Christian churches do let women and LGBT people take leadership roles, and were at the forefront fighting for LGBT rights and women's rights.

Islam has not had these reformations, and while the majority of Muslims claim to be peaceful a lot of the Muslim population worldwide does practise genital mutilation on boys and girls, subjugates women, girls, and boys, wants Sharia law legal, would love it if us bisexual and gay men were in prison or dead, in Muslim majority countries Christians, Jews, and anyone who is not Muslim including atheists/agnostics are persecuted and murdered, and many Muslims are still living in the 7th Century AD as they have the mentality that someday everyone in the world will be Muslim either by force or threat. Islam has never been a religion of peace.

Trust me, you are not going to change the world.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is what you do.

Jesus spoke about your sort of vile person.

Regards
DL

I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD BUT I BELIEVE IN JESUS¨ TEACHINGS AND LOGIC. LOVE!

Good way to go.

Are you doing as Jesus bid or are you a foul idol worshiper of the genocidal and infanticidal Yahweh?

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Christianity has had many discussions and reformations, and it is no longer homophobic/biphobic, misogynistic, or intolerant. The majority of Christians worldwide are not intolerant, misogynistic, homophobic/biphobic, violent, etc. Many Christian churches do let women and LGBT people take leadership roles, and were at the forefront fighting for LGBT rights and women's rights.

Islam has not had these reformations, and while the majority of Muslims claim to be peaceful a lot of the Muslim population worldwide does practise genital mutilation on boys and girls, subjugates women, girls, and boys, wants Sharia law legal, would love it if us bisexual and gay men were in prison or dead, in Muslim majority countries Christians, Jews, and anyone who is not Muslim including atheists/agnostics are persecuted and murdered, and many Muslims are still living in the 7th Century AD as they have the mentality that someday everyone in the world will be Muslim either by force or threat. Islam has never been a religion of peace.

Your generosity an show of respect for a genocidal and infanticidal Yahweh and his vile Christians is showing that you are following Satan more than a good god.

Regards
DL

I think a better question is..: Did Jesus have a knot? As in the type of knot you get when you are excited or afraid of something,...

Like that or this something gives me a knot..

And with our current awareness we can indeed feel like he probably..has had at least a knot once..but maybe multiple times...

Was he beyond having a knot? I think the ideal is true of what we say about him...but the physical being himself...did have a knot..and therefore you can call him a fallen person..

The true redemption of the spirit of a person..is without knots...so the second coming should be aimed at something like that..

What the heck kinda deep as question is this to pop on a drug thread 😂
Especially at 10 pm when I’ve had 50 mg of temazepam and 100mg of tramadol.

Let me think.
Jesus was human right?
Not some untouchable godlike being (I mean fuck, he let them nail him to a cross, def not godly behaviour.

The concept that ANY HUMAN Is either inherently good or bad is stupid in itself.
People do bad things for good reasons all the time.
And in times of survival, there’s not a person on the planet who wouldn’t say they’d kill or do anything to protect their loved ones.

If you believe in the official concept, which in some ways I do (forgive my ignorance. I did try to read the bible once, but never got past the bit in the first testament where god told everyone to burn all the sinners and their homes down. (See? Bad thing, good reason.
Well that’s about perspective. Gay people weren’t bad, and didn’t deserve to burn just cos you said man should lie with woman. Jesus just came to remind us all what religious worship was all about. Not money, or status or greed, just about honouring those who walked before and made the beauty we get to live in (if you beleive that part)

I guess this is why I’ve always gravitated away from the monosthetic religions (even though I was deeply curious) and back toward the more earth centred worship
It’s much easier to worship the beauty of nature all around you, think on how everything works together as one huge organism that keeps the planet regrowing and moving forward. Creation in its truest sense.

All in all I’m sure Jesus wasn’t perfect.
Totes bet a $50 he was boning Mary (giggling now, as my names mary. Yes my 3 kids were immaculate conception

Isn't original sin where you'd get boils if you told a lie? Just curious
-G

If one uses the Judaeo/Christian model, the Original Sin was when Adam and Eve ate from the fruit of the forbidden tree (knowledge between good and evil.)

Last edited:

If so, then he could not be the perfect sacrifice.

If not, then he had no human side and was pure god, and god cannot die which, makes the sacrifice a lie.

Could these facts be why the Jews have no Original Sin concept in their religion?
The official liturgical position of the Catholic Church is that not only was Jesus not born with Original Sin, Mary was born without Original Sin, which was necessary for her to become the host of God's offspring:

But Mary was fully human, which also implies that one can be human without having Original Sin, which eliminates your supposed "dilemma".

Also, Mormons and Quakers don't have Original Sin, but nonetheless accept Christian conceptions of the divinity of Jesus.

Original sin...is from the Fruit of Good and Evil...Because of the curiosity of eternity...and what not should be

I thought it was the Old Order Amish
Most Amish and Mennonites are not that strict. There are even Amish that use electricity, the internet, mobile phones, and drive cars and you would not know they are Amish unless they told you.

No those are Mennonites. Amish by definition is strict, but Old Order doesn't even have pipes for running water. Also, Shakers (another group) wear colorful clothes but drive, but they don't use electricity at home

The official liturgical position of the Catholic Church is that not only was Jesus not born with Original Sin, Mary was born without Original Sin, which was necessary for her to become the host of God's offspring:

But Mary was fully human, which also implies that one can be human without having Original Sin, which eliminates your supposed "dilemma".

Also, Mormons and Quakers don't have Original Sin, but nonetheless accept Christian conceptions of the divinity of Jesus.

This last is true as Christianity is splintered in all directions. That is why it is such a poor system. No unity of thought at all.

I know that the Church made up that Mary was this and that. Saint to heaur.

One can indeed be born without Original Sin.

A & E for two. Myself for three. Are you in for 4 th?

Regards
DL