Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.
Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

yahoo.jpg

Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.
Would this then be evidence of the one-ness of the idea/l in the eyes of most formal monotheist "new" religions? Good asking bad why it left.... I gotta do some digging.
Will report on what can be gleaned from the tombs.
Ptah

Quick edit:
Maybe there is no good/bad but that still doesn't explain the incongruity of one-ness.
And they say it is because jesus had to decend to defeat death or something along those lines... but why would one defeat oneself?
More question... rabbit hole. :)

I'm a subscriber to the reductionist belief that Jesus was just some carpenter that got nailed to a cross for telling people to maybe be nice to each other for once.

I tend to agree. My understanding of Jesus is that he was a wise man in touch with who and what we are. Jesus, I do not believe, was ever intending a religion to be formed around his teachings. He was not trying to claim he was "god", but rather that we are all god, and we could exist in paradise on Earth if only we loved one another and treated each other as we treat our own families. Jesus would be disgusted with what was done in his name... as we do with everything given sufficient time, we distorted and perverted his entire point.

I believe jesus was a prophet in a long line of them selected by the one true god allah to spread the monotheistic message and love in the gospels to the jews and other people in his area. I don't believe jesus was acutally nailed in a cross and instead one of his loyal followers pretended to be him and got nailed in his place and that he ascended to heaven alive.

Jesus message of peace and love was so radical in such violent times the empire tried to oppress him. The gospels and his teachings were a bit misinterpreted by the people and his followers after his accession and instead of recognizing and praying to god they started to worship a human instead and then the catholic church really ruined everything.

Every religion has a message. I respect them if they are messages of love and peace e.g hinduism buddihism christnanity islam some Judaism but the acts of the Israeli government are violent and evil but not all of them some of them are trying to spread unity and peace but the government and right wing and orthodox are commiting crimes agaisn;t humanity on the palesetines but i also believe israel is the jewish home land as diacted in the quran israel was given to the jews a long time ago but it also became the palestines homeland and a two state solution is needed that respect both peoples culture and beliefs.

Well personally, I doubt this person existed due to lack of evidence. From my understanding, though Yahweh refers to Jesus Christ, so the spirit of the man/resurrected body. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. In the Messianic church they refer to him solely as YHWH [Yahweh] meaning Holy Spirit and Yeshua, probably Aramaic Jesus' name referring to the man

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

It seems like sorrow rather than anger at least, because if you're perfect then you never anger. Maybe that's emphasized here

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

If born of mankind he wouldn't know but it reads that he's come directly from Heaven

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The Chosen people, Jews forsook him

As to your other questions, I've never heard of any of that so couldn't come up with a formula

Would this then be evidence of the one-ness of the idea/l in the eyes of most formal monotheist "new" religions? Good asking bad why it left.... I gotta do some digging.
Will report on what can be gleaned from the tombs.
Ptah

Quick edit:
Maybe there is no good/bad but that still doesn't explain the incongruity of one-ness.
And they say it is because jesus had to decend to defeat death or something along those lines... but why would one defeat oneself?
More question... rabbit hole. :)

I cannot reply to all as I cannot understand you.

I did understand your incongruity statement.

I do not see one-ness as incongruous.

Regards
DL

I'm a subscriber to the reductionist belief that Jesus was just some carpenter that got nailed to a cross for telling people to maybe be nice to each other for once.

He probably was but let his desire for suicide to test the savior myth seems to have gotten the better of him.

If he had not tried to declare himself the King of the Jews, he might have been accepted as a prophet.

Regards
DL

My understanding of Jesus is that he was a wise man in touch with who and what we are.

He was to a point. If his moral sense had been better, who knows what Christianity might be today, instead of the immoral religion it is.

I like the rest of your thinking as it matches my Gnostic Christian beliefs.

As your own god, judge his no divorce and substitutional punishment policies and I think you will see how to improve on the Jesus you know.

Regards
DL

Every religion has a message. I respect them if they are messages of love and peace e.g hinduism buddihism christnanity islam some Judaism

Seriously. Are you that morally blind?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last.'"

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Jesus took on a man body. For the first time God became both God and man.
Jesus didn’t suffer Hell, rather when He said why have You Father forsaken me He tasted the first time in all eternity what it meant to be separated by God. Hence us humans because of sin.

Jesus took on a man body. For the first time God became both God and man.
Jesus didn’t suffer Hell, rather when He said why have You Father forsaken me He tasted the first time in all eternity what it meant to be separated by God. Hence us humans because of sin.

Your omni-everything god is said to be omni-present and here you are saying he isn't.

What other restrictions are you putting on god? What other omni-whatever are you taking out of his description?

Forsaken does not mean left me, at least not directly, BTW.

forsaken

ADJECTIVE ---
abandoned or deserted.

Regards
DL

we can all throw out random guesses as to who Jesus was and what he believed. But without agreeing on a set of texts it is meaningless. Are you guys talking about the Jesus of the accepted Gospels? Definitely knew he was God. The synoptic gospels? Up for debate and an interesting one at that. The historical Jesus? Something else entirely.

from my experience, most people think of Jesus as kind of harmless nice guy preaching peace and togetherness. A kind of hippy like character. But this character is a simply a modern invention.