• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Was it COVID that ruined the supply of H?

greenrabbidrabbit

Greenlighter
I remember prior to March 2020, every bag I got was always pleasant to use, just as it had always been. Then, as soon as lockdowns began, the very nature of H where I am in the Pacific northwest changed dramatically. I've never encountered anything that has looked, smelled, or felt like it used to.
I'm not talking about fent either; around here, the concept of fentanyl adulteration is just an term that the uneducated, hillbilly dealers use as a blanket excuse for crap product. Honestly, I'd rather there was a legitimate opiate in the mix, but every single batch I've gotten over the past 18, 19 months has been some bizarre mixture of synthetic cannabinoids, other research chemicals, and maybe a trace amount of morphine if you're lucky. It's never very pleasant, but it staves off withdrawal, that's about it.
Where did all the diacetylmorphine go?
Perhaps now that the federal government has relinquished control of the largest Papiver Somniferum producing county, actual good old fashioned H will work its way back again...

No its mostly a product of the chinese and mexican handiwork, not to sound xenophobic.

Most stuff sold as heroin in the US has some fentanyl in it. Some even have mostly fentanyl yet tiny amounts of diacetylmorphine, small enough to make it non active relative to the amount of fentanyl (given the potency differences). This is essentially a waste of actual heroin (ie diacetylmorphine, though one would assume it still might contribute something to the experience).

In short was not COVID-19.

No its mostly a product of the chinese and mexican handiwork, not to sound xenophobic.

Most stuff sold as heroin in the US has some fentanyl in it. Some even have mostly fentanyl yet tiny amounts of diacetylmorphine, small enough to make it non active relative to the amount of fentanyl (given the potency differences). This is essentially a waste of actual heroin (ie diacetylmorphine, though one would assume it still might contribute something to the experience).

In short was not COVID-19.
Yes, all the BTH around here comes from Mexico, but it used to be good. Now, no matter which of the disparate plugs I've cultivated in the attempt to find a good source that I go through, it's always the same tweaky crap I get. I'm not remembering through rose-colored glasses that H isn't supposed to make your heart hurt or make you feel panicky, am I? I admit, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't remember H being this, well, weird.

I remember prior to March 2020, every bag I got was always pleasant to use, just as it had always been. Then, as soon as lockdowns began, the very nature of H where I am in the Pacific northwest changed dramatically. I've never encountered anything that has looked, smelled, or felt like it used to.
This hasn't been my experience. Everyone got spooked early in the lockdown, but there was no panic as far as I could tell (though I heard meth had a brief price spike, but dropped even lower afterwards). Since then the BTH quality has seems to have remained pretty consistent (and good), subject to the usual fluctuations during an 18 month period.

Now the big story up here -- and at least possibly somewhat COVID-related -- is the overnight popularity of fentanyl pills (mostly smoked off foil it seems). I'm hearing "blues, blues" more on the street now than even "shards"/"clear", I'm seeing way more people chasing foil in alleyways (or right on the sidewalk) than ever before, seeing pieces of burnt foil dancing in the wind at major intersections even.

There was a time where tkh could actually buy fentanyl, meth, or crsck. Now it's all just one drug out there....a mixture of fentsnyl with bathsalts.

It'd really any awful shame what has happened to the drug scene. Users aren't the users of 10 to 20 yrs ago. Ppl that had jobs, that's could afford drugs and demanded decent product or at least the class of product they wanted (opi or stimulant?).

Now drug users are more completely destitute barley alive festering with sores living in urine flooded tents. Selling the a mixture of RCs, a pinch of fent to keep them hooked physically, and Randome poisons cut in to make one tired are what the market holds

Ppl used to care. If it wasn't fent they wouldn't buy it. Bow if it'd just X RC c
Bathsalt it will be sold as anything from fent to meth and the buyer is to downtrodden, sick, and close to death to even excercise market selectivity and seek out a quality dealer.

The middle class user with the money to demand a bit more quality in their product is a dying (literally and figuratively) demographic.

So few economic opportunities out there anymore that the middle class user either quit, died, or is the tent dweller that will consume the RC mix when all they wanted was a bag of fent

There was a time where tkh could actually buy fentanyl, meth, or crsck. Now it's all just one drug out there....a mixture of fentsnyl with bathsalts.

It'd really any awful shame what has happened to the drug scene. Users aren't the users of 10 to 20 yrs ago. Ppl that had jobs, that's could afford drugs and demanded decent product or at least the class of product they wanted (opi or stimulant?).

Now drug users are more completely destitute barley alive festering with sores living in urine flooded tents. Selling the a mixture of RCs, a pinch of fent to keep them hooked physically, and Randome poisons cut in to make one tired are what the market holds

Ppl used to care. If it wasn't fent they wouldn't buy it. Bow if it'd just X RC c
Bathsalt it will be sold as anything from fent to meth and the buyer is to downtrodden, sick, and close to death to even excercise market selectivity and seek out a quality dealer.

The middle class user with the money to demand a bit more quality in their product is a dying (literally and figuratively) demographic.

So few economic opportunities out there anymore that the middle class user either quit, died, or is the tent dweller that will consume the RC mix when all they wanted was a bag of fent

Honestly i think darknet is the safest source nowadays.
Att least IF you dont have a trusted irl source.

Most marketplaces have a scoring system etc, so if a vendor has like 99% good scores then you have a Good chance of getting legit stuff.

The situation is the US is a lot different than it is in Europe. Over there you guys seem to still be able to get actual heroin.

I'm not talking about fent either; around here, the concept of fentanyl adulteration is just an term that the uneducated, hillbilly dealers use as a blanket excuse for crap product. Honestly, I'd rather there was a legitimate opiate in the mix, but every single batch I've gotten over the past 18, 19 months has been some bizarre mixture of synthetic cannabinoids, other research chemicals, and maybe a trace amount of morphine if you're lucky. It's never very pleasant, but it staves off withdrawal, that's about it.
Perhaps now that the federal government has relinquished control of the largest Papiver Somniferum producing county, actual good old fashioned H will work its way back again...
As far as the Afghan thing, if anything it would be the other way around. Because if I remember correctly the Taliban was very much against the poppy farming, whereas the U.S. let it go on.

But yeah, as you said all that BTH is coming from Mexico anyway, and I don’t have a clue why the quality would have gone to shit all of a sudden.

Last edited:
no, h has been ruined loooong before covid came to town

At least in Ireland (and Britain for the most part), the quality of Afghan #3 has been utter muck compared to what was available pre-2010. 2010 saw a massive drought for the entire year and when it did begin trickling back in it took a long time before it was anything close to what it is now.

I'm a little further up north of you in the PNW and the H in my area has been pretty fire since COVID hit. Occassionally you get the shitty fent cut stuff, but 9 times out of 10 you get some solid product and have to ask for fent separately IF you want any (I'm sure people actively prefer fent over H, but not this guy. H is my jam.)

Just a few weeks ago I lapsed on H for (hopefully) my last time and it was some of the most solid black tar I've had in a long time. Might help that my tolerance was nill at that point, but eh, it was still a beautiful farewell to H for me.

It tends to be mainly BTH on the West Coast of the USA whereas on the East Coast its powder, am I right?

It tends to be mainly BTH on the West Coast of the USA whereas on the East Coast its powder, am I right?
Sounds about right to me. Utah was all BTH as far as the eye could see. Here in Washington I've only ever seen powder once and it wasn't very good. The BTH has always been solid around here though. I have yet to get a bag that's really disappointed me.

Yeah seems to be the case from what I've gathered online. Strictly powder here in Dublin. No Fent, thank the Gods.
Only place I've ever seen BTH was in the Documentary 'Black Tar Heroin: Dark End of the Street'. Catch that yet? Its on YT - best soundtrack ever if you're into the whole 90's, dysphoric grunge scene.

Yeah seems to be the case from what I've gathered online. Strictly powder here in Dublin. No Fent, thank the Gods.
Only place I've ever seen BTH was in the Documentary 'Black Tar Heroin: Dark End of the Street'. Catch that yet? Its on YT - best soundtrack ever if you're into the whole 90's, dysphoric grunge scene.
90's dysphoric grunge scene happens to be my favorite scene of them all. Sadly I was born just as grunge really hit mainstream so I missed it in the glory days. I'll be checking out that documentary for sure!