• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids was given a bunch of roxycodone (I think)..looking for some frame of reference please

mscarolined

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if anyone can give me some help on this topic. I have been prescribed percocet 5/325 and 10/325 over the last few years for some health issues. I alternate between whatever my doctor feels like giving me at the time of my appoinment. When he prescribes the 5 I always take 2, sometimes 2 and a half if the pain is bad enough. I ran out of pills because my appointment was rescheduled until next week. Someone I know just gave me a bunch of little white pills marked k 18 which by doing a quick internet search I found are immediate release roxycodone pills 5mg (please correct me if I'm wrong). He said here these will help with your pain until you see your doctor next week. I didn't get a chance to ask him about them. I'm being overly cautious because I don't want to be high out of my mind, which when I hear the name "roxycodone" that's what I think. I just want some pain relief tonight when it's time for bed. I took the last dose of 2 percocet 5/325 I had this morning at 9am, and basically am wondering if taking one of these little pills would be ok, and not make me completely out if it at around 7 or 8 tonight. I only have taken perocet and know how they effect me so I can play around wih the dosages a little if I need more relief, and I know how much I can tolerate. So basically has anyone taken these and what do they do to you, how often do you take them? I am not looking to get super high or anything, only want some pain relief after a day of work, and still be able to function. I'm always nervous to take new medication. Thanks for any info on this :) Yes I can do the math, as someone told me when I asked them, however I was under the impression that these pills were stronger or something than the percocet I usually take. I've never posted beore, have no clue about most drugs, and have no idea where to ask this, just looking for I guess comparison the the perocet? I hope this makes sense..Thanks :)

Last edited:
OP - there's no funky translation between the percs and the oxy 5 mg pills you have (and I am responding to you assuming what you have are oxycodone 5 mg pills). The bottom-line is that if you usually take 2 percocet 5/235 pills, then you would take 2 of your new pills. Obviously, they would both equal 10 mg of the medicine you need for pain. Neither one of them is stronger than the other, the only difference is that the percocets have 325 mg of tylenol in them. Not sure if that part of the pill is helping you much or not but the opiate part, the oxycodone, is the same drug in both pills. If you have what you think you have, you should be fine substituting the one for the other. Hope that makes sense.

BTW, change you font or coloring. You post is pretty hard to read because it's so light. I had to highlight the entire post to even read it. May also explain why you haven't gotten any responses. Not sure but Good Luck!

Last edited:
If Anything These pills are prolly going to give you à little less pain reliëf due to the absence of acetaminophen like in the combination drug you are used to take

OP - there's no funky translation between the percs and the oxy 5 mg pills you have (and I am responding to you assuming what you have are oxycodone 5 mg pills). The bottom-line is that if you usually take 2 percocet 5/235 pills, then you would take 2 of your new pills. Obviously, they would both equal 10 mg of the medicine you need for pain. Neither one of them is stronger than the other, the only difference is that the percocets have 325 mg of tylenol in them. Not sure if that part of the pill is helping you much or not but the opiate part, the oxycodone, is the same drug in both pills. If you have what you think you have, you should be fine substituting the one for the other. Hope that makes sense. BTW, change you font or coloring. You post is pretty hard to read because it's so light. I had to highlight the entire post to even read it. May also explain why you haven't gotten any responses. Not sure but Good Luck!
Yea, is there a font color like clear or albino that you can use. Like really post dark, bold face, so we can read,lol. For real though, BeachBum is very knowledgeable on this subject.

You will probably want to take tylonal (acetaminophen) to make up for it missing being in combination with the oxycodone as there is supposed to be synergistic effect. With these oxycodone pills you can take lower than liver killing doses of tylonal.