• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction *WARNING: DEADLY COMBO*Effexor. 600mg of DXM, ambien and lyrica

After reading this post, I feel as though I’ve dodged a mortal bullet. My dad was a poster here for years before his first and last successfully planned exit. He was also a psychiatrist with a M.S. in chemistry. When I queried him re: Serotonin Syndrome he generally told me that the incidence of S.S. is greatly exaggerated and there are few studies to really support its claimed risks. I was taking 3 of the 4 drugs Tyler mentioned and generally feeling fucking invisible. I’m so glad that I didn’t put my parents through the horrible pain of parental grief. And though I thought THE WORLD of my Dad, I see that in his quest to try anything to get high, or alternatively nod off or hallucinate, he was not even close to objective, as I really don’t think it was a matter of ignorance, given his background, about polypharmacy risks. I realize he looked only at the recreational opportunities in drug use and he greatly underestimated the harm so many drug combos present.
This post is heartbreaking...

Same here it's a really disturbing read, I've had a mild serotonin syndrome before and it's a fucking horrible thing to go through. Feel terrible the kid had to die that way, it's so important to look things up before consuming/combining them.

I’ve been a forum member for 20 some odd years, mostly known for sarcastic, nonserious posts but I felt compelled to post here.

This thread saddens me and sickens me.
Especially the first page or two that was basically a dicksizing contest of “I knew he was dead before he was dead” posts, and “RIP. Let’s move this to the shrine” before even confirming his death, to the “I’ve has so many people die from OD’s that I have ESP and just knew he was dead before confirming”... to sum it up.
I thought I’d read more “Hope the OP wasn’t serious”, “hope the OP is ok and just didn’t re-post”....
This is completelly sad that this played out the way it did...

Same here buddy. I've been a member of this site for about 20 years now, and though I rarely post, this has always been a 'home' to me. It breaks my heart to see someone so young and so full of LIFE go. This was 4 years ago, and reading through this thread, and just finding out about this - it feels like it just happened :( What would this young man be doing right now if he were alive? What would the past few years of his life been like? The girls he would have dated, the things he would have done and saw....the beautiful and the painful experiences that he had taken from him :(

Harm Reduction is SUCH an important thing. It is bad enough that our government in the US started a War on Drugs.... and then addicts / people who use drugs are locked in cages with violent criminals.... but it is the lack of INFORMATION that really kills us. Sites like this, erowid, reddit, wikipedia, etc are GODSENDS that were JUST starting when I was getting into drugs, back in the 90s.

This messed me up to read a few years back, and, quite frankly, I think it's good that it resurfaces periodically.

Yes, this is a particularly dangerous combo.
And that's part of the point.
But the most important take away, for all my fellow BLers reading this is: switch out the drug names and this could be you.
It only takes one fatal mistake. One botched dose. One hotspot. One bad batch.
Be. Careful.
Use. With. People. You. Trust.
And if you can't, aspire to be a paragon of harm reduction.
There's always someone who does love you /or/ who WILL love you, somewhere in your future. Life is too long (potentially) to be reckless. There are things to live for. There are worlds beyond substances. And if that is your entire world right now, there are ways to navigate that world more safely

Be careful. Be safe. Be informed.
I'm super careful I do tons of research only od was from when I was doing dope fent thinking it was coke putting it on gums and took small bump w diphenhydramine Woke up narcaned by brother

So good to hear that you were okay, and had a brother to revive you! Experiences like that can be formative, I think, and if we make it through they can give us a newfound appreciation of life.

Not always, obviously; I knew a guy who's best friend was Narcan'd by paramedics four times in one day, and he didn't stop or slow down until he passed away with nobody around. He was too deep in it for those brushes with death to matter, and nobody was there to talk to him.
That's why people need communities like this, so they can have people to say "what the fuck are you doing, cut that out right now, you silly bean, you got a future right now and even if you can't see the value in that yet BELIEVE US it holds so much for you!"
It's not perfect, but it's like music, in my opinion; it can be bullshit you engage with to pass the time, but it can also give you meaning and help you through dark times by giving you something/someone to relate with. The trick is to know where to post to get support, which this guy unfortunately didn't. But I see more people on here telling people to get help/go to a supportive subforum than I did in 2015, which is encouraging. For some people, BL is the last line of defence before they lose the will to care about how they use drugs and end up dying from half-intentional negligence.

The words you wrote were really moving, friend. About his future, and what he would be doing now. That hit me hard.
Again, so glad you didn't die after your OD. I've never been Narcan'd in an emergency (did do it while I was just normal-high one time, to see what it felt like), but I have multiple kits stashed around the house in plain sight in case my partner needs to save my dumb ass.

The thing that woke me up was withdrawing from Etizolam and having multiple seizures in the bathroom... kicked the door so hard it cracked down the middle, dented the wall with my head, smashed a cupboard off the wall, pulled muscles in all my limbs, chipped a tooth, and scared my partner to death. Had to be taken to the ER, ended up on an 8 month long diazepam taper.
If no one had been there, I would have kept trying to get up and walk around, and probably would have kept seizing until I fell the wrong way, hit my head at the wrong angle on the edge of a counter, and ended up in the morgue.
Yeah and I appreciate it. It gave me more of a fearless of death honestly. I was half suicidal at some point after wishing I didn't get narcaned. Was just amazed how easily I could have died with no pain or anything. I fear dying painfully.

This thread should be sticky'd as an object lesson in not just taking random drugs you don't know enough about. It's so sad, this death could have been avoided by simply posting about your plans and waiting a bit before taking it. People responded fairly quickly to inform the OP how dangerous this was, but by then it was already too late. I hope something good could can come from this tragedy. I see a lot of people behaving like this these days and I don't want to see the shrine grow.

Off Topic: Every BLer should have the mobile PDR on their phones too, it's a good place to start if you want to combine new substances. This doesn't help a lot with research chemicals, but has an interaction checker with just about every pharmaceutical known to man in it...

Damn dude, I am glad your brother had some Narcan. I am so scared that I'm going to get some shit laced with fentanyl one of these days.
Have many I get them free and everyone in my family knows where they are how to use then.
Mom keeps one in her purse and car now.
I always make sure to really test it out which is hard sometimes because you want to just rip a nice bump and underestimate, I have a pretty low opiate tolerance I do week long breaks and then couple days benders really just started in August doing it more regularly and loving it because I have essential tremor and slight parkisons like symptoms and tbi from many many bad head injury. Causes depression lack of motivation. I don't have many friends either everyone here in lower Westchester Ny Is a junkie or retard mostly very hard to find firends

Damn dude, I am glad your brother had some Narcan. I am so scared that I'm going to get some shit laced with fentanyl one of these days.
So common with this east coast dope since a bunch of years back when fentanyl hit the streets pressed pills everything.
Killed thousands or tens or hundred since idk the statistic.
I wonder exactly how many. Sad, easily preventable with safer regulated gov polices. It's like our gov let's the cartels become international million/billionairs.

Run south America incredibly violently seen sicario gang member torture man with a pitbull and peanut butter on his cock. Gruesome. The death toll in certain Mexican area are so high. For what.

I think we can unanimously conclude that drugs have won the war. People have been taking drugs for centuries.
It seems policies will not change with Biden shoved down out throats and Bernie bullied out.
Oregon is promising with the small amounts of ”hard” drugs decriminalized.
Sorry for the rant not trying to start riots or a coup De ta or anything 😉Just sick of the policies and our corrupt politicians with lavish vacation and monopoly friendly polices all on the backs of the slave class, and lack of so called democracy

Last edited:
So common with this east coast dope since a bunch of years back when fentanyl hit the streets pressed pills everything.
Killed thousands or tens or hundred since idk the statistic.
I wonder exactly how many. Sad, easily preventable with safer regulated gov polices. It's like our gov let's the cartels become international million/billionairs.

Run south America incredibly violently seen sicario gang member torture man with a pitbull and peanut butter on his cock. Gruesome. The death toll in certain Mexican area are so high. For what.

I think we can unanimously conclude that drugs have won the war. People have been taking drugs for centuries.
It seems policies will not change with Biden shoved down out throats and Bernie bullied out.
Oregon is promising with the small amounts of ”hard” drugs decriminalized.
Sorry for the rant not trying to start riots or a coup De ta or anything 😉Just sick of the policies and our corrupt politicians with lavish vacation and monopoly friendly polices all on the backs of the slave class, and lack of so called democracy
Na I totally agree with you. The emergence of spice, bath salts, and illegal fentanyl are all things that could be avoided with the use of reasonable law making in regards to drugs. And tell me more about Oregon. What all is decriminalized?

I have lost one good friend and a couple of other acquaintenances from fent laced cocaine in the last few years. Not to mention fent laced heroin. But yeah you can't trust anything anymore from the "street". Someone was selling fucking fentanyl as gabapentin pills a couple of years ago. "hey bro I got some gabapentin"... a drug you take a bunch of when you take it. What the actual fuck.

I just read some of the thread and saw his FB 🥺

My brother had quite a cocktail in him - Effexor, two different benzos, codeine, anti-histamines, paracetamol.. The heroin did it though.

WYGu4NS.jpg