• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ *WARNING* Chronic ketamine/dissociative use causes bladder/organ damage

@Captain.Heroin I'm not drinking before K ever, I rarely drink anyway and when I had a daily K habit last year I drank then had some K and all it done was made me more drunk and the horrible room spinning I'm going to puke type drunk and I still didn't feel the K
OH man, like, I really got into the combo, with no tolerance to either compound. I am bad. I know it. I do these things to myself and worry about it later. But when I'd hit the spot just right with dosing, and come to, I'd be horribly nauseous. Yes you puke throughout the experience. Yes you might aspirate on vomit if too incapacitated and die easily. I am an idiot for doing things like this, I am not smart I am stupid. This should be known.

If you're out with friends at a club, I mean like, I won't stop you? I can't? But I wouldn't. One or the other is way better for most people. It really is.

I would strongly, strongly advise against doing ketamine in combination with alcohol while out - at a club or elsewhere. I know loads of people do it, I have done it too and K-holed in some very inconvenient places, but IMO ketamine is not an outdoor drug... except perhaps in very, very low doses, and again NOT in combination with alcohol because you will be overwhelmingly more likely to overshoot the dose.

Honestly I don't even think the combination is that great anywhere because the amnesiac effects will be massively increased. If you don't remember the experience, what's the point? Personally the psychedelic aspect of ketamine is one of the biggest draws for me and alcohol will significantly dull this. Obviously the dangers of aspirating vomit also do apply, but again, if you're so drunk you're in danger of vomiting you're also way too drunk for ketamine to add anything good to the experience.

A small amount of alcohol, say a few beers and a few small lines of ketamine if you're experienced with both and in a safe, controlled environment, on the other hand... sure, this can be fun and can be done reasonably safely.

Beyond that, it's just a waste of ketamine, waste of your health, and potentially slightly dangerous to very dangerous, like doing ketamine in the bathtub which many people also like to do for absolutely inexplicable reasons despite the fact that plenty of people have died doing this.

Addendum, stay well away from any bodies of water, even shallow ones like baths when on ketamine. No, you are not experienced enough to do this safely. Just don't do it.

Yeah I did say semi drunk not paroletic lol. A few beers or ciders, at home.
I've made the mistake a few times I'm sure I've typed it on this thread maybe another, but I got hit by a car blacked out on vodka+ket didn't even realize until the morning, lost numerous phones/wallets/sets of keys etc

@Flower Fairy 200mg of dph won't send u to shadow people land u need a good 400-1000mg. 50mg is the suggested dose. 200mg is strongly sedating. 250mg on the other hand becomes stimulating, hence why I said don't go over 200. It just makes K stronger.

@Captain.Heroin u think 12g a day is bad at one point I was doing 20 a day lol one day I did 36 in a day 🐴 I am fucked up though 😂😂😂 NOT ADVISED PEEPS I NEARLY LOST MY BLADDER AND ENDED UP IN REHAB

Also flower fairy just take the benzos or dissolve them under your tounge (best way) snorting them is a complete waste and will just clog your nose and hog space for k to get into 👍 @Flower Fairy

Yeah I know it is but back then I just wanted to put a twist on the K that wasn't working and make the lines bigger as I love sniffing K but didn't have much left, it made big ol'yellow K lines lol

Yeah I did say semi drunk not paroletic lol. A few beers or ciders, at home.

I only had 2 drinks, but I poured the pink gin and because it was a big glass I poured to much gin, but if I'd drank that amount without K I'd of just been tipsy, adding K onto a tipsy me was fucking horrible

I just love my K full of K, not watered down with alcohol etc, people have offered me lines of CK1 in the past and I'm like don't fucking pollute my K with coke it's fucking sacrilege, just give me a line without the shitty coke in it please lol

I love the combination of coke and ketamine personally. 😁 I'm sure it's terrible for you but from a purely hedonistic perspective it's very enjoyable.

I try not to use cocaine hardly at all anymore because IMO it's an evil drug, way too expensive, bad for your heart, just not nearly as good in reality as it is addictive... but when I do I have always previously tried to make sure to have some K on hand to smooth out the comedown, IMO it works like nothing else for this.

If I've had both around but been having a solo ketamine session I've also added a line or 2 of cocaine just to add a little flavour and also as a potent decongestant if my nose was getting too clogged... again, absolutely terrible for your nose I'm sure. Socially, if I happen to have both I'd do the opposite, occasionally add a little K to soften some of the negative effects of cocaine and add a touch of dissociative euphoria to the fairly mundane after a while but obviously fun cocaine feeling.

Again though... I'm sure it's really not good for you, probably adds to both the cardiotoxicity of cocaine and undesirable neurological changes of both drugs... although if you don't use either very often, I think using just a little ketamine to blunt the cocaine comedown is probably not too harmful, except that it can become a habit in itself and can make you think you can use large amounts of cocaine with basically no downside as long as you have some ketamine on hand... at least that was my experience.

@Vastness I'm exactly the same when it comes to cK in every aspect of what you just typed, opinion, experiences etc

Used to smash it every day at one point

But now there's defo a time and a place

I was with a coke head for 5 years, the first 4 and a half years of that I done coke every weekend or more with him and as he hates K I rarely done K in them 5 years, so I'm done with coke, coke just fucked my anxiety and sleep up even when I wasn't on it

I still have anxiety and insomnia and on tablets for it fucking hate coke, I hated it then to but still done it, I can't even say why, he wanted it so I just agreed for an easier life, his moaning, whining and clucking for coke was more to put up with than just doing coke with him to shut him up lol

How many people who love ketamine actually like coke too? It's the opposite type of drug, I love my downers, my K, benzos, tramadol, ex heroin addict here lol

^ It does seem to be kind of uncommon, I have met a few who like both but it's a rarity, a lot of people who like coke IME don't really get ketamine. My ex of a while back was also a fan of both although had a preference for ketamine so for a while it was a nightly thing that we'd start off the evening with a small coke session before seguing into a succession of K-holes until the morning... fun times although wasn't the healthiest relationship, to say the least.

I tried to introduce my mate who I do coke with now and then to the perks of using ketamine for the comedown but he was not a fan, just said it made him feel a bit weird for a while and not very good. Most people I've suggested it to just aren't interested at all... ketamine is a very love it or hate it kind of drug it seems, different strokes and all that.

Seems we have quite similar drug preferences, @jhjhsdi, great minds think alike and all that lol. ;) Although sounds like you've had some experiences more on the extreme end, at least when it comes to ketamine, glad to hear you've apparently come out of it OK, bladder and mind mostly intact.

How's your nose after sniffing all that K before you started injecting it @jhjhsdi

Mines fine but I'm scared that sniffing corrosive drugs up it often can't be good, I've seen a documentary about a man addicted to K big time and his nose collapsed and he fucked up his bladder too and had a bag for a while, his nose is fucked, looks a state

Fucking scary

I don't think I do it enough for that to happen but it's still scary to see someone like that

Just a brief update, I think that today I am getting some bladder symptoms again - this isn't the first time I've had something of a delayed reaction, and I have taken some phenibut today - a particularly caustic substance - and it's also not the first time I've experienced increased sensitivty from phenibut following ketamine usage. I've just taken 2g D-mannose in the hope I can alleviate it somewhat. My mood today has also been pretty shite despite taking some phenibut and kratom. Again, quite a predictable result. I should know better.

Just recently, as I said I used 2g over 2 days - it was 40 days since I last used ketamine or any other arylcyclohexlamine.

Prior to this - 40 days earlier - I used 1g over 2 days, and had not used any ketamine for 190 days prior to this, and any arylcyclohexylamine for 105 days. I did not experience any bladder symptoms of note that time.

It would appear therefore that the quantity I used, as well as the interval since the last usage, was too much, and too soon.

My symptoms this time are minor - I believe I will recover, and maybe after a longer break I can try again to use less - but this is probably playing with fire, and probably not smart. I mention this, in this level of detail, so that others can be aware that they should not be lulled into a false sense of security. It does seem likely that I have caused some kind of permanent increased susceptibility to bladder symptoms from my ketamine use - and my usage has not been on the extreme end, although it has for sure been more than most.

As I mentioned, my session this time was underwhelming - the session prior to this - while not quite as underwhelming, was still weak. I think I am kidding myself when I talk about "immediate short term tolerance" and the like, this is surely permatolerance that will be very slow to fade.

Since I'm not getting much out of ketamine in terms of the actual subjective experience anymore, and am still getting some physical side effects - it would be smart not to use it for a long time in the hope that my bladder regenerates as much as possible, and my tolerance also fades. So, that's what I'll try to do, although it's not the first time I've said I'll try to do this. Wish me luck! Everyone else, please do be careful and take heed from the experiences reported by everyone in this thread.

You get bladder symptoms from just 2 grams over 2 days, did you used to have a heavy habit or have you always just done a gram or 2 here and there as thats what I do but I've not noticed bladder issues?

My mood today has also been pretty shite despite taking some phenibut and kratom. Again, quite a predictable result. I should know better.

I'm not the only one who has a comedown then, I notice bad mood, low mood etc the day after I do ketamine, not always but definitely if I use more than a gram, or if its stronger than normal, I don't see a comedown mentioned very often from doing K but I notice it, no where near as bad as say a comedown from mdma and amphetamine powder and such as that is much worse and lasts days where as K comedown seems to just be the next day

I've never had an extreme habit, but I have used hundreds of grams in my life - my peak usage was probably 5-10 grams every week or every other week for a couple of months at a time - this was over 5 years ago now. I've also never had very extreme bladder symptoms, pissing blood or extreme pain, for example, but I have noticed a gradual, gradual increase in more minor bladder symptoms, which require less and less use to come on. There is, seemingly, a huge range of variation in how susceptible people are to the bladder effects - if you have a read over this thread from the beginning you'll see a lot of discussion about it. I'd put my own experience somewhat middle of the road in terms of severity, definitely I've been lucky in my experience compared to some - but my lifetime usage is relatively minor compared to others who have never had symptoms. Best policy is just to be careful, keep your usage to a minimum, and make sure to follow all the HR advice given in this thread (in a nutshell - always stay hydrated, take an ECGC supplement, probably spit out the drip, and make sure all other bases are covered as far as your general health, diet, frequency of exercise, etc, etc).

But primarily just keep your use to a minimum, a few grams a month is probably OK, again as long as you follow the previously given advice, just don't abuse it, because once you start to get bladder symptoms you are likely always going to be at a greater risk of getting them again. Treat the drug with respect and look after your body.

Besides that I agree the K comedown is nothing compared to a proper stimulant comedown, but it's still not nothing. Dose matters of course, but even in my very early days, the K honeymoon, so to speak, I remember feeling pretty shitty the first few days of the week after a weekend binge. IMO it's redosing that does it, a single heavy dose resulting in a K-hole, then abstinence, in a K-naive user is probably not going to have too bad aftereffects, maybe even positive effects, people do talk about an afterglow and obviously ketamine has documented antidepressant effects in some cases, but prolonged sessions with multiple heavy doses IMO and also in my experience just scrambles one's brain, ketamine has always been pretty solidly pro-depressant rather than anti-depressant for me, despite my undeniable love for it.

That probably explains why it's an antidepressant then, and we always have a comedown as they have a one off treatment they don't redose lol, I redose until I either run out or if I happen to K hole, then when I'm okay enough to know what's what I redose till it's all gone, I love sniffing lines, I'm not sure I'd like to just have one line lol

Yeah I only do it a few times a month it's not cheap, well it's not for me as I'm always skint lol

I stay hydrated as I'm always making tea and drinking tea, it's one of my favourite things to do on K, especially at my mates house lol it's a funny mission, he has a water filter jug and all sorts, making tea at his is crazy as it is let alone on K

K effects my stomach if I do it to often, when I did it everyday for like two months I had like an ulcer and shit, it was fucking agony

@Vastness great minds do think alike aye. I agree or have experienced everything you/thought you say

@Flower Fairy my nose is OK. I DO have a deviated septum but I know for a fact it's more for my old coke/cK habit...

I forgot what else u both said I'm fucking pissed with one eye open trying to type lol much love peeps

@LucidSDreamr

"I would describe the pain as a searing hot metal rod, inserted through the penis, into the bladder, and stabbing and ripping up the inside of the bladder."

Mate I feel your pain. That's a good description it's something between that and getting a tattoo on the inside of your dick/up to the Gooch constantly. I had this for ages which ended up with me being in hospital for 3 days then rehab for a month on bladder meds and hardcore antibiotics. I was also pissing out bright green puss and black/dark red blood cloods every 15/20 mins that felt like red hot lumps of glass. I don't know how I even have a bladder/urinary tract left 🙏

I was using 10-20g+ a day every day for a LONG time prior, mind☠💀👎

how long ago was this episode? Do you still have pain or lasting issues? you said "had" so I'm assuming you don't have pain anymore? Do you still use drugs? Can you eat whatever foods you want without pain returning?

I haven't used dissociatives stims, alcohol or street drugs in 3 years. I still have pain on and off 3 years after stopping the street drugs. I only use weed now days.

I just had a cystoscopy yesterday (stick a camera through the urethra and into the bladder) to look for ulcers in the bladder. none were found just these big red blood vessels (glom--something) that are characteristic of IC and K cystitis. Can't really do shit about them though other than manage the pain through PT and medications.

Last edited:
how long ago was this episode? Do you still have pain or lasting issues? you said "had" so I'm assuming you don't have pain anymore? Do you still use drugs? Can you eat whatever foods you want without pain returning?

I haven't used dissociatives stims, alcohol or street drugs in 3 years. I still have pain on and off 3 years after stopping the street drugs. I only use weed now days.

I just had a cystoscopy yesterday (stick a camera through the urethra and into the bladder) to look for ulcers in the bladder. none were found just these big red blood vessels (glom--something) that are characteristic of IC and K cystitis. Can't really do shit about them though other than manage the pain through PT and medications.

That was around 4 years ago. Yes I still use k occasionally but no where near as much as I used to. After a big sniff session my bladder capacity does go down and I go toilet more frequently. If I inject I don't notice it as much tbh.
Example I injected 4-6g over a few days and didn't notice any bladder change at all.
Then more recently i sniffed 2g in a day and noticed bladder change in frequency and capacity. (but luckily no pain apart from a little sore when starting flow)
🤷‍♂️

I do supplement with alot of vitamins and Cranberry extract and eat very healthy and also drink a LOT of apple cider which I swear is the key lol

That was around 4 years ago. Yes I still use k occasionally but no where near as much as I used to. After a big sniff session my bladder capacity does go down and I go toilet more frequently. If I inject I don't notice it as much tbh.
Example I injected 4-6g over a few days and didn't notice any bladder change at all.
Then more recently i sniffed 2g in a day and noticed bladder change in frequency and capacity. (but luckily no pain apart from a little sore when starting flow)
🤷‍♂️

I do supplement with alot of vitamins and Cranberry extract and eat very healthy and also drink a LOT of apple cider which I swear is the key lol

...I'm surprised you bladder got to that level of pain and trauma and you don't have pain and can still do K. Also cranberry juice is contraindicated for bladder cystitis as it irritates the bladder, its only helpful when there is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, not physical damage to the bladder w/o bacterial infection as in interstitial or ketamine cystitis. source: https://www.bladderandbowel.org/bladder/bladder-resources/lifestyle-fluids-and-diet/

Vitamins i dont' touch since they contain ascorbic acid (vitamin C) which is contra indicated for interstitial cystitis as well. I'd probably piss blood and require opioids if i drank cranberry juice.

I eat pretty much only fresh, organic veggies, fruit, and fish. no seasoning, nothing on it, no flavor. drink only alkaline water and nothing else. (caused me to lose about 40 lbs after getting bladder issues).

Anyways I guess some people just have stronger bladders than others. I never gut up to your level of use, although most of my use was research chemical dissociatives so who knows they could be far more damaging than regular K.

Last edited:
@LucidSDreamr
I take the Cranberry extract tablets as it lines the bladder and PREVENTS infection. If I had issues I wouldn't take it. It's part of prevention not a cure.
When I had bladder issues Cranberry juice made it worse. Too sugary. I take these tiny red tablets which are equivalent to 5000mg of dried berry, I take 1 a day or 2-3 if I'm using. If I had/have bladder or UT issues I'd be taking blueberry.

Your issues sound bad, I sympathize. I'm lucky that certain foods never really bothered mine *touches wood*
Maybe it was the RC dissos. I had a year or so love/hate affair with MXE when it was legal but I only did MXP/diphen/ephen a few times, didn't rate them at all tbh. Too easy to be underwhelmed by a dose or take a tiny bit too much and blackout and act a cunt. I don't think I've tried any other ones. I did tiletamine a fair times (not an RC but still a disso) but also didn't really rate that either.

I'm really lucky I don't get pain anymore. Unless I have a really full bladder and have to flop it out and go there and then as holding it in is really fucking uncomfortable. My bladder basically has massive fibrosis aka the walls are so scarred up/it's pretty much pure scar tissue all over from previous ulcers etc it won't ever stretch like the average Joes will...and that's pretty much irreversible according to specialists. Unless maybe I tried the procedure where they stick a tube up ya dick and insert a certain ml of this liquid to help stretch it. A friend of mine had it and he said it was so uncomfortable he had to rip it out as they got to the last 50ml and run to the toilet in hospital pissing blood everywhere as it stretched all the ulcer scars and made them bleed again :/