• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin *Warning* Be Careful of Heroin Being Cut With Fentanyl

olympic smoker

Bluelighter
*I'm not positive but this post might be better suited inside the Dangerous Combo FAQ thread. I read they're not accepting anymore new posts anymore. Admins?*

So when you were a kid, a smiling adult bent down towards you in a tender gesture of appreciation & would ask you...' So my young child. What do you want to be when you grow up?' Did you reply 'I wanna be a junkie!' That's a joke in poor taste. Of course you never said that. Of course you never wanted to grow up & become a drug addict. Who the hell wants that? Not me. But here we are.
Heroin addicts either buy their drugs from a few trusted dealers. Or they know a lot of people who sell Morphine, Dillies or Methadone. Even if you buy from your consistent dealer, watch out for the Heroin cut with Fentanyl. It looks almost the same as the usual light beige dope you get all the time. Kinda the same consistency. Breaks down with water in your cooker just like the good 'ol brown shit.
But my friends, it's not the same shit. It will drop you. Just like that! *snaps*
So what will happen? You won't know it's cut with Fentanyl. You'll use the same amount you usually do. Point, point & a half. Probably you'll be alone. In the bathroom, sitting on the toilet. I know what a cliché right? Typical junkie, shooting up squatting in the bathroom on the Throne. Surprisingly that's where most addicts, including me, shoot up. So that means, if you drop, or simply just nod off...you'll be all alone. What if you stop breathing?? That's what we like to call over here at low cost housing - an OVERDOSE. GAME OVER.
So what's the solution? Quit. HAHAHA Just kidding.
Seriously, there really is no solution other than using a wee bit as a tester. For example; an old school junkie once told me when I was first strating out, to always use an amount no bigger than a match head.
The Heroin cut with Fentanyl - just half a point- will drop a 250 lb junkie with a 1-3 point daily habit. No lie. I've seen it. In my town, just last month it dropped every single user I personally know. Except for me. (I was busy those two days it was flooding the town & I didn't use any) By the time I did get around to using, I had been warned so frantically that I never came close.
Until two weeks ago. Heroin Fentanyl faded away & I picked up a point from a trusted dealer. Went to my best Gf's house. And did it . All at once I remember my face being slapped. I didn't know who it was. I didn't know where I was. I couldn't comprehend how much time had elapsed. All I knew is I was very confused, very sluggish as if I were in a dream. My best friend guided me to her bed room. Laid me down & stood watch over me. I eventually came out of it.
After wards, she told me I must of walked out of the bathroom & lumbered around the living room. Inexplicably she found me standing back in the bathroom,- swaying slightly,- eyes closed, - ready to drop. She's never seen me this way & became alarmed. That's when she started slapping me, then ran to get the NAXLOXONE KITin her closet - put by me only a month before!
I never needed to use it. That brings me to another solution: Be cautious & keep NAXLOXONE KIT around.
Learn how to use it http://evzio.com/patient/about-what-is-evzio.php
Let me tell you this about a Heroin/Fentanyl overdose: You're entirely oblivious as to what's happening. Completely ignorant that you're actually overdosing. At that moment you silently drift away on a bed of clouds. Blissfully unaware of you're potential death.
Be careful. Reports say they're adding Fentanyl to Oxycontin pills. I live on Vancouver Island & literaly heroin users are dropping like butterflies. occurringhttp://www.langleyadvance.com/news/379476281.html
:) TIPS :)
■Avoid using alone.
■ Have an overdose response plan.
■ Know your drug by taking a small sample first.
■ Have a Take Home Naloxone kit handy.
■Tell someone what you're intending to use.
■Call 911 immediately if you suspect an overdose is http://doctors-warn-of-dangers-of-fentanyl-after-counterfeit-drugs-found globalnews.ca
Or..all kidding aside. Wake up. Quit. Just fucking quit using. Period.

Last edited:
Sadly, this has been going on for a while.
Laced heroin is all over my state, it's really bad.
I do agree that you should avoid using alone, too many people overdose and nobody is there to help!

Yeah, I feel bad taking this thread down just in case some people DONT know about this, so I'm leaving it up for now having had a good friend die from this shit it's pretty personal. One rule that I went by, is if you're on the west coast, anything sold as 'china white' is probably fentanyl or an analogue, at least thats how it went down in the E. Bay. It's unfortunate that it's not in a heroin addicts nature to do a taste test first-I mean, maybe some do, but for me I always fixed up the same amount of dope, regardless of whether it was a new stamp, or new tar.

When this started going on in oakland, the 'china white' was clearly not heroin, I had the advantage of knowing this having spent most of my using life on the east coast and could tell by the way it dissolved in water like coke that it was not dope. It also smelled different. Unfortunately a lot of people I knew did not have that experience so they didn't know what they were dealing with, which resulted in quite a string of deaths.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Znegative. Fentanyl laced dope is sadly becoming more common in my area. A friend of mine almost feel out on it recently. It's wasn't china white either, just gunpowder

I think something similar happened to me last October. I had been back on the H for like 2 months and went to a friends house so I could borrow some until we could all go get some more. I did less than I normally do, about 2/5 less I suppose. Did my shot, cleaned up everything. Felt normal. Just standing there at the bar in the apartment so I was on carpet. Luckily, because I woke up flat on my back after having been out long enough to start turning blue. Luckily the people I was with didn't waste time in starting CPR or calling an ambulance. Although when I woke up I was fine. A little disoriented but I went outside to smoke a cig and wait on the EMTs who were super casual about the whole thing. Didn't even need to go with them at that point and when I told them what I was using, the only response was"too much, huh?".
Better than having to deal with cops I guess, but I'm way off track now.
So maybe that's what happened?idk though actually because I strictly use black tar. That's all there is here.

I imagine if it's tar, real tar, not that 'fake gunpowder' bullshit that it was probably just really good dope.

Back in NYC I had a few experiences where I'm positive I unknowingly shot up Fent. laced dope, and might be dead had I not been on so much suboxone. But that was what was so weird about these experiences. The first time I should have known because beforehand I found my friend overdosed in her car (she lived) and after finally managing to 'bring her back' just seconds before the paramedics arrived, she ended up giving me one stamped bag which I shot and got completely destroyed even though I was taking 16mg of suboxone a day and had been for a long time. I'll never forget that because at first I was hesitant to even shoot it because I thought it would just be a waste, one of the biggest surprises of my drug fueled life.

I imagine if it's tar, real tar, not that 'fake gunpowder' bullshit that it was probably just really good dope.

Back in NYC I had a few experiences where I'm positive I unknowingly shot up Fent. laced dope, and might be dead had I not been on so much suboxone. But that was what was so weird about these experiences. The first time I should have known because beforehand I found my friend overdosed in her car (she lived) and after finally managing to 'bring her back' just seconds before the paramedics arrived, she ended up giving me one stamped bag which I shot and got completely destroyed even though I was taking 16mg of suboxone a day and had been for a long time. I'll never forget that because at first I was hesitant to even shoot it because I thought it would just be a waste, one of the biggest surprises of my drug fueled life.

Yeah I suppose you're right. I have overdosed a few times and came damn close a couple times, and like OP said, you don't even realize it until you come to. If you are lucky enough too.

I've gotten pretty good at determining the quality of H just based off of how it looks, feels, and how it breaks up when I put a blade to it. But you are probably right, Z. It does see a little far fetched that BTH would be cut with fent.

Fentanyl cut heroin appears to have surfaced everywhere in the US recently. I would remind all your friends who use to be careful with any new dope they buy and to do 'test' shots before cooking up their big hit. Any time I've come across black tar cut with fentanyl it's leaving a trail of OD's in its wake. This week two friends of mine who use fell out, one ending up in a hospital, both from the same batch of dope.

The danger I see is that users don't feel 'that high' from the first shot, and so begin working up a second. Here some sort of mistake is made. My theory is that fentanyl causes more respiratory depression than heroin, also less nausea and itching, and so a user who would normally be in no danger can accidentally OD trying to achieve a 'high' equivalent to the one they normally get with heroin. This isn't a new theory, but it's one that could be explained to people who use heroin and don't know why heroin cut this way should be avoided.

I agree it sounds odd for BTH to be cut with fentanyl but the dope I've seen that I suspected to be cut seemed like it had been altered, and after having shot some I did not feel the expected heroin 'rush' or even the warm feeling high.

Yeah, I feel bad taking this thread down just in case some people DONT know about this, so I'm leaving it up for now having had a good friend die from this shit it's pretty personal. One rule that I went by, is if you're on the west coast, anything sold as 'china white' is probably fentanyl or an analogue, at least thats how it went down in the E. Bay. It's unfortunate that it's not in a heroin addicts nature to do a taste test first-I mean, maybe some do, but for me I always fixed up the same amount of dope, regardless of whether it was a new stamp, or new tar.

When this started going on in oakland, the 'china white' was clearly not heroin, I had the advantage of knowing this having spent most of my using life on the east coast and could tell by the way it dissolved in water like coke that it was not dope. It also smelled different. Unfortunately a lot of people I knew did not have that experience so they didn't know what they were dealing with, which resulted in quite a string of deaths.

Most former heroin addicts from age 54-59 say real china white hasn't been around since the 90's, with the best, knee dropping dope in the 80's. They call this so called china white today "fluff".

It's called China white because it was white powder being pumped out of China from cheap China labs so when it originally was produced it flooded everywhere and started dropping bodies everywhere too.

Just be aware there's also fentanyl Xanax/2 white bars, CDN OC 80, norco 539, and Roxie a 215

It's pretty old news as far as the Xanax. They started in sac and I'm pretty sure the one batch traveled across the country then they made the norco recently... The CDN 80 is really old news, but I was informed by a friend who saw the warning for the four pills including the A 215 Roxi although I don't know how long the roxis have been traveling or if they are the same Sacramento area people producing these death pills.... It's like putting PMMA into pills and selling them as ecstacy.

I just don't get it. Xanax is cheap, very cheap in bulk. The more expensive pills like Oxy, Dillies, Roxi, etc I can see being faked for profit. Regardless of that, killing your end consumer is a pretty dumb business strategy

Unless it's a strategy for the war on drugs in attempt to demonize pills or else they just hate drug users and thought they could kill them by passing on fake pills.... It's even possible that it's an attempt at population control. No one knows besides the ones who produced them.

This is the only shit I have access to right now. It's actually too strong. I do such a little amount but I have fallen out twice and my poor husband has had to decide what to do with me. The first time he threw me in the shower and said after 6 minutes as he was dialing 911 I woke up. The second time I just collapsed and my eyes rolled back into my head. Again - I woke up a few minutes later. It's being advertised around my area as China white from New York. It's not enjoyable and I am desperate for a new source. We are being so careful however it's hard. We dose extremely small but find 3 hours later we are sick already.

=/
well this is old news.
just had to comment and say.
"what do you want to be when you grow up?" there was a point in my adolescence when yes I actually would have said "maybe a heroin junkie I guess" and meant it. blame DARE making drugs seem so fascinating and being born w/ a crippling anxiety disorder and knocked off my feet by depression at age 11.
I was naive and stupid but hey I did eventually get my wish.
be careful what you wish for.

I think something similar happened to me last October. I had been back on the H for like 2 months and went to a friends house so I could borrow some until we could all go get some more. I did less than I normally do, about 2/5 less I suppose. Did my shot, cleaned up everything. Felt normal. Just standing there at the bar in the apartment so I was on carpet. Luckily, because I woke up flat on my back after having been out long enough to start turning blue. Luckily the people I was with didn't waste time in starting CPR or calling an ambulance. Although when I woke up I was fine. A little disoriented but I went outside to smoke a cig and wait on the EMTs who were super casual about the whole thing. Didn't even need to go with them at that point and when I told them what I was using, the only response was"too much, huh?".
Better than having to deal with cops I guess, but I'm way off track now.
So maybe that's what happened?idk though actually because I strictly use black tar. That's all there is here.

wow. OT but I am so envious of your OD experience. I OD'd only once in my life, in a smallish town outside Cinci that when I was there at least had 10-15 ODs a day on average, so you'd think they'd be more chill about it ...my boyfriend got me awake w/ CPR methods a moment before the ambulance arrived. I met them on the porch and told them I felt fine (aside from busting my ass down the stairs, I was pretty fucked up), was obviously alive and didn't want to go to the hospital. but they said if I refused that they'd pick me up and carry me into the bus and strap me down (I am a small framed female and these were 2 huge male EMTs, resisting this would have been futile had I even tried). I didn't even get a bed in the ambulance, they didn't bring one to ODs, I had to sit on the little bench and get tossed all around the ambulance when I was only barely capable of sitting mostly upright. I was just thinking like "wow, what entirely shitty customer service, and my insurance will be paying probably thousands of dollars for this shit. fuck."
and now honestly in retrospect I'm pretty sure that for them to carry me to the ambulance and strap me down and take me to the hospital to be shot w/ narcan after I had refused treatment would have broken some kind of law ...but I was to high and flustered at the moment for that to occur to me. ugh.

=/
well this is old news.
just had to comment and say.
"what do you want to be when you grow up?" there was a point in my adolescence when yes I actually would have said "maybe a heroin junkie I guess" and meant it. blame DARE making drugs seem so fascinating and being born w/ a crippling anxiety disorder and knocked off my feet by depression at age 11.
I was naive and stupid but hey I did eventually get my wish.
be careful what you wish for.

I remember getting one of those D.A.R.E pamphlets that said "Growing up Drug-Free" and I scratched out the Fr. I thought it was fucking hilarious when I was 10. Jokes on me

ha ha