Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[*] WARNING! - Aurorix/Moclobemide and MDMA - aka "Perma-roll"

Excellent Post BT :)
This fool selling Aurorix must have no clue at all. *shakes head in shame*

Pinger said:
This is an example of drug knowledge gone mad- intentionally combining two chemicals you know are seriously contra-indicated.
Please people- do not chase this high.
I could not have said it better myself. The combo of a MAOI (in ANY DOSE, whether irreversible or not) and MDMA is one of the MOST DANGEROUS drug combination that I could possibly imagine. Furthermore, combining the two drugs almost definitely increases the neurotoxicity dramatically.
The 'high' from MDMA is ALREADY a very intense, euphoric high. For those considering this combo, ask yourself, do you REALLY NEED to get THAT 'fucked up'? The risk with this combination is JUST TOO GREAT. I estimate a 50% chance, if not more, of serious complications from combining these two drugs. That's like flipping a coin. PLEASE don't take these kinds of risks with your life.
Realize also that if you take this combo and go to the ER, or worse, DIE, that this will have dramatic consequences on the use and availability of MDMA and of moclobemide/MAOIs. The law/gov't will crack down on MDMA even harder and MAOIs could be illegalized, or at least heavily withdrawn from prescription (meaning that sick people who actually NEED MAOIs might not be able to get them). Thus, if you try this combo, and you fuck up, you are going to fuck it up for everyone.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think about what I and other concerned people have said. I cannot emphasize the seriousness of this matter enough.

Where I can see this combination heading is that a lot of people may try, say 10-20mg of both Aurorix and MDxx. There are a selected few that may just want to get 'fucked up'. But the rest of them would be trying to save money and still acheieve the same high as before.
Let's face it. If someone pays $40 per pill and needs three to get through the night (even if that is heaps), they would see aurorix as a way to make one pill last 4, 5 maybe 6 nights.

I think that if people cannot afford to take ecstacy pills then it is an extremely false economy to attempt to save money by combining MDMA and MAOIs. The personal cost and risk far outweigh ANY perceived savings in money.
Please discourage this combination of drugs for your friends' sake, it's just not worth the gamble.
BigTrancer.

^^^^
I hope I didn't give the impression that I was encouraging people to take a low dose of this combination.
I don't want my friends to continue this combination. I have told all my friends about how deadly this combination is.
It was good chance to give Bluelight a plug too. :)

I have a similar opinion to fairynymph; people doing this are not our friends; one of them is going to become a cropper and further demonising of MDMA will be the only result.
For all we know a person may take this combo, drop dead and the coroner's conclusion is death by MDMA only. As it may be that they may not even look for things like MAOIs in the blood when it is known the guy took an ecstasy tablet.
So the truth may never get out, and MDMA is the held to be the cause of the individuals demise; not the individual risking suicide in a novel way.
I actually like putting it as playing russian roulette; its literally isnt much of an exaggeration.

Just for anyone who hasn't seen this and to everyone else who has but has forgotten the warning..
DO NOT COMBINE MAOI's + MDMA.

**BUMP**
only doin this cos almost missed reading it...
aaaall the way down the bottom.
night before a BiG weekend, and i'm sure it may have saved me...

Pills in the UK labtested and found to contain moclobemide and MDMA!

See MDMA and MAOI's . I am not aware of such pills being found here, but as we don't have access to labtesting for pills, I guess we can't be sure. I'm not suggesting we all panic, but if we can be aware that these pills exist overseas, maybe we can detect them if they appear here at some point. If any users have a pill that tests as MD**, and has MD** effects, but has a much longer peak than normal I would encourage you to put them up on pillreports. This is probably all we can do if we suspect this combination pill ever makes it to Australia. This is yet another good reason to avoid taking multiple pills at the start of your night, wait and see how 1 pill effects you before taking more, as well as another reason not to mix different pills.

Aurorix & MDMA / Permarolling

It seems the mixing of Aurorix with MDMA has come up again recently. I've heard this practice has a common name of "permaroll" or "permarolling".

If you're offered an Aurorix or 'permaroll', absolutely refuse and inform anyone involved of the extreme danger of this combo.
Remind anyone who seems to still want to indulge, that they're not only risking their own life, but messing with their friends lives. Because, if things go wrong, it's the friends who are going to be nursing them until an ambulance arrives.

If you really want a harder/longer roll, try another 1/2 an MDMA pill ;)

gleep

So the MDMA causes the brain to release massive amounts of serotonin and the MAOI's prevent the re-uptake of this serotonin, causing serotonin syndrome.

^^Is this correct?

What's in a name? - MAOIs inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase... SSRIs inhibit the re-uptake of serotonin...

BigTrancer :)

There was a small group of my friends experimenting with the "permaroll" combo several months ago. They all got extraordinarily fucked up, and thankfully, none of them died.

I don't think they were doing it for either of the reasons RL mentioned above (though the up-fuckedness was obviously a plus). They were doing it because it made them feel smart.

"Look at us, we're so deeply knowledgeable, we can surf the very far edge of the wave that could kill other people, and get higher than mere mortals into the bargain". All very Chase the Dragon, only without that nasty smack stigma.

I thought it was pretty similar to skydivers who practice scary hook turns. No points for guessing what kills more of them than pretty much anything else...

So I told them to fuck off when they suggested I try it - and if they put themselves into hospital doing this, then I wasn't going to come and visit them. These were some of my closest friends in the world, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to stay away, but I wanted them to know how stupid I thought they were being.

As I said, none of them died or hurt themselves (badly), but I think they got the message. They quite easily could have.