Warning about new party drug in Sydney-Red mitsibishi

nige1492

Bluelighter
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
31
Location
Sydney
ACON Media Release
28 September 2004

ACON today issued a warning to the community about an illicit drug that has recently reappeared in Sydney, which poses a serious health threat and risk of overdose.

"We have reports that a number of people have been treated at St
Vincent's hospital having overdosed in recent weeks following the
emergence of PMA (para-methoxyamphetamine) being sold as ecstacy",
said ACON CEO Stevie Clayton.

"The most recent and worst case involved someone admitted to St
Vincent's in a critical condition with symptoms like hypothermia. PMA has
been implicated in deaths overseas.

"PMA has been sold as ecstasy (MDMA) although it is considerably more
powerful and has hallucinatory effects. We understand it has been sold
as 'red mitsubishi' (due to the symbol in the tablets), 'red death' or 'red
killer'.

"It appears that one of the problems with this drug is that the effects
come on slowly and some people think it hasn't worked and therefore take
more, resulting in overdose.

"Symptoms of overdose can include:
. muscle spasms
. increased blood temperature
. increased blood pressure
. increased body temperature (fever)
. increased pulse rate
. laboured breathing
. nausea and vomiting
. convulsions, coma and death.

"ACON's harm minimisation messages in the lead up to this weekend's
Sleaze 2004 have focussed on crystal meth and GHB but the appearance
of this relatively new drug is of major concern. We would urge everyone to
be extremely cautious.

"ACON's party presence this weekend will again include a large team of
volunteer Drug Rovers looking out for anyone who may be in need of
medical assistance. Our Rovers work hand in hand with Mardi Gras Medical
around the health and welfare of our community", Ms Clayton said.
 

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
985
Location
Bermuda
nige1492 said:
ACON Media Release
28 September 2004

ACON today issued a warning to the community about an illicit drug that has recently reappeared in Sydney, which poses a serious health threat and risk of overdose.

"We have reports that a number of people have been treated at St
Vincent's hospital having overdosed in recent weeks following the
emergence of PMA (para-methoxyamphetamine) being sold as ecstacy",
said ACON CEO Stevie Clayton.

"The most recent and worst case involved someone admitted to St
Vincent's in a critical condition with symptoms like hypothermia. PMA has
been implicated in deaths overseas.

"PMA has been sold as ecstasy (MDMA) although it is considerably more
powerful and has hallucinatory effects. We understand it has been sold
as 'red mitsubishi' (due to the symbol in the tablets), 'red death' or 'red
killer'.

"It appears that one of the problems with this drug is that the effects
come on slowly and some people think it hasn't worked and therefore take
more, resulting in overdose.

"Symptoms of overdose can include:
. muscle spasms
. increased blood temperature
. increased blood pressure
. increased body temperature (fever)
. increased pulse rate
. laboured breathing
. nausea and vomiting
. convulsions, coma and death.

"ACON's harm minimisation messages in the lead up to this weekend's
Sleaze 2004 have focussed on crystal meth and GHB but the appearance
of this relatively new drug is of major concern. We would urge everyone to
be extremely cautious.

"ACON's party presence this weekend will again include a large team of
volunteer Drug Rovers looking out for anyone who may be in need of
medical assistance. Our Rovers work hand in hand with Mardi Gras Medical
around the health and welfare of our community", Ms Clayton said.
First of all who is ACON? Are you able to give us a description of the pill ingested other than "red mitsubishi" ..?

Some more insight other then media releases would be appreciated if possible.

http://www.pillreports.com/viewpill.php3?id=44231.

After re reading the pillreport and cowboy macs post im led to believe that they ingested PMxx and MDxx together. If this was the case no wonder why the ended up in the ER.

This is all we bloody need, people are now going to look down on the red mitsubishis as bad or adultrated pills. Honestly the ones i have ran into have been clean little beans, Most people will agree.

Im not trying to say that it isnt a possibilty that they contain PMxx because it is possible but i highly doubt it.

More insight please.
 
Last edited:

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Oct 21, 1999
Messages
4,504
Location
Perth
ACON is the Aids Council of New South Wales.

Article Source

As these mitsibishis have gotten quite a reputation as being good pills. If there is indeed a bad batch containing PMA it is extremely important that everyone is testing there pills. Everyone will be assuming they have gotten hold of the good mitsi's could be in for quite a rude shock.

Test your pills people.
 

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
985
Location
Bermuda
Fry-d- said:
ACON is the Aids Council of New South Wales.

Article Source

As these mitsibishis have gotten quite a reputation as being good pills. If there is indeed a bad batch containing PMA it is extremely important that everyone is testing there pills. Everyone will be assuming they have gotten hold of the good mitsi's could be in for quite a rude shock.

Test your pills people.
Cheers Fry-d- ;), Looks like another gc/ms mission for RADAR and Enlighten.
 

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
235
Location
Shitney
I had consumed many many of these 'Red Mitsubishi's' recently and I know of many people who have also done the same.

Im from Sydney and do go out all the time, this is the first Ive heard of a PMA scare. Will report back if test results show otherwise
 

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
2,442
Location
Melbourne
nige1492 said:
[B'red death' or 'red killer'.[/B]
Um... excuse me?

I find that VERY hard to believe. Also on the grounds, what dealer says to their customer 'I have these new pills, they're great. They're called red death'...

But now it is that time again when PMA raises its ugly head. I'll echo as stated above, PLEASE test your pills and if you have any friends getting these DO NOT let them eat them unless you or they have tested them also :(

I hope they get the assholes making these pills :X
 

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
985
Location
Bermuda
Re: firstly thanks for the heads up... nice first post amigo.

.dR spgeddi said:
and also in australia. and i think even one of our very own Bluelighters.
*cough* ADELAIDE *cough*
 

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
720
Location
Melbourne
Jesus fuk, this cant be good.... i've seen a whole shitload of red mitzi's and no complaints - but it would seem plausable that a bik with a good reputation may be getting copied and adulterated with PMA, defintatly gunna be tellin peeps to test their red mitzi's!
 

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
985
Location
Bermuda
Zaineaol said:
Jesus fuk, this cant be good.... i've seen a whole shitload of red mitzi's and no complaints - but it would seem plausable that a bik with a good reputation may be getting copied and adulterated with PMA, defintatly gunna be tellin peeps to test their red mitzi's!
While your there telling them to test their mitsi's, tell them to test everything else aswell ;)
 

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
235
Location
Shitney
Didn't MixMag suggest in 1978 PMA aka Dr Death was going to be the biggest drug back then.

The media is just bursting with adulterated facts about drugs!!!
 

satricion

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
1,813
Location
Melbourne, Australia.
If a pill contains MDMA *and* PMA then it will test up as MDMA with a marquis reagent and probably with a mandelin as well.

To be honest I doubt the red mitsubishi's contain PMA...more likely a bunch of people had pills that were stronger than they're used to and went to hospital saying they'd taking a "bad eckie" or something. Has anyone done a GCMS on any of these pills?

Regardless of my scepticism, this warning is enough to make me stay away from those red mitsis.
 

Arqdyke

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
9
Red Mitsi's

Guys. FYI, Acon are very reputable and not out to put any false warnings out there. They work, much like Bluelight and PR, on harm minimisation.
As you may or may not know, the gay community love their party drugs and every time there's a dance party on, Acon will provide the ambo's and medico's. They aren't your average fear-mongering media types.
Cheers,
J
 

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
985
Location
Bermuda
Re: Red Mitsi's

Arqdyke said:
Guys. FYI, Acon are very reputable and not out to put any false warnings out there. They work, much like Bluelight and PR, on harm minimisation.
As you may or may not know, the gay community love their party drugs and every time there's a dance party on, Acon will provide the ambo's and medico's. They aren't your average fear-mongering media types.
Cheers,
J
Thanks Arqdyke, that is reassuring ;). I wonder if PMxx was ingested with the Red Mitsi's seperatley? Im going to email ACON and see if they have any idea. Or am i on the wrong track ?
 

muzby

Bluelighter
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
5,517
Location
melbourne - SE suburbs
me thinks nige1492 could merely be a dealer who didnt manage to get his hands on any mitsubishis, and only got crap pills so is trying to scare ppl off em...




but seriously, always test...... :)
 
Top