Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WARNING - 25C-NBOMe & 4-FA lab tested in cap sold as MD

day_trippa

Greenlighter
someone sent me this report on google docs:

Few pics of the dodgy caps circulating last weekend. They appear “damp”, like the contents inside have sweated. The actual substance isn't rocky at all - it's a brown sugar like consistency - very sticky/clumpy. 3rd image is against a mandelin reagent test. According to a few different mandelin reaction lists, contents would appear to be either PMA(A) or 2C-T-x, both of which cause hallucinations and are dangerous in high dosages. PMA is nicknamed “death” - it's basically serotonin syndrome in a single compound, and dangerous at any dose. Definitely not MDA, definitely not GHB.

Be careful, use a reliable source and test your drugs. A test kit costs $50 at Smoke Dreams on Flinders, it'll last you 50+ tests and the process takes 2 minutes.

STAY SAFE <3

16114042_10154953717704993_351861803466076503_n.jpg
16195596_10154953718214993_1646875529086633789_n.jpg
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=92f100b6a645fae01861c9c4c2186e0c&oe=5915D4D8 https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=92f100b6a645fae01861c9c4c2186e0c&oe=5915D4D8 https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=92f100b6a645fae01861c9c4c2186e0c&oe=5915D4D8

Last edited:
Can others comment on this that have more experience in reagent tests and colours that I do?

apparently all three are Mandelin, but that seems a bit odd. Wouldn't you also do Marquis at least, given it was sold as / alleged to be MDMA?

The colour could well be a dye from whatever the substance is?

Honestly if it's not some kind of nbome or other such garbage RC I'll eat my hat - it's not like exactly this scenario hasn't played out multiple times around the country in the last few years. Report from a friend says people who took it hallucinated intensely, were extremely nauseous and got uncharacteristically violent (think close siblings getting into a punch on).

I'm a bee's dick away from completely flipping my fucking lid at the next person who expresses the 'drug users deserve what they get' sentiment.

someone commented on this report on facebook:

Many RCs will produce reactions but I don't think they've been independently confirmed. It does look like the 25b-NBOMe reaction though, when I say confirmed I mean in a lab to a standard that could be added to this chart. Here's a video anyway:

25B-NBOMe – Mandelin Reagent – Normal Test Kit – Bunk Police
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU6DDbolnok&app=desktop

The substance in the first pic looks similar to the contents of the Neo Dove 2 products after they had started to degrade.

Honestly it looks like an inert carrier material (brown sugar?) that's had a drop of the active chemical put on it

Thanks everyone. We are working on getting it lab tested and that will provide more conclusive info.

Agreed that the first guess is a 2C product (possibly its cousin, the NBOMe series). Given the experience reports and other evidence. We shall see (hopefully!).

Fantastic work guys. Sounds like the users had an awful experience.

If there is a positive out of this, it has raised awareness. I have noticed friends of mine regent testing powders of theirs which they normally wouldn't have. Even sending a batch back as they were suspect in the results.

Keep up the great work guys, it doesn't go unnoticed.

Fantastic work guys. Sounds like the users had an awful experience.

If there is a positive out of this, it has raised awareness. I have noticed friends of mine regent testing powders of theirs which they normally wouldn't have. Even sending a batch back as they were suspect in the results.

Keep up the great work guys, it doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you.

I hope it does make a difference - that people are more aware that they don't always get what they think they have.

But what we really need is a way of identifying NBOMe that is being added into capsules like this. If someone would make a reagent kit for this, it would be very useful. Unfortunately apparently only Australia has this problem, so I'm told...

Leaked VICPOL memo showing the contents of the drugs in question:

http://imgur.com/a/ZjaGz

Please feel free to delete this if it is not appropriate. This is currently doing the rounds on other forums.

Great. Vice are writing articles with info from AusDD now.

Can't work out whether that was sarcasm, praise, or something else. :)

Actually the Vice article was pretty good, in that - they interviewed a number of people including me, Steve and Victoria Police, and they did a lot of actual journalism. Unlike many other outlets these days.

Can't work out whether that was sarcasm, praise, or something else. :)

Actually the Vice article was pretty good, in that - they interviewed a number of people including me, Steve and Victoria Police, and they did a lot of actual journalism. Unlike many other outlets these days.

That article was good. I was referring to the original Vice "Articles".

nbome isnt garbage - shit is fucking awesome. my fav psychedelic... by far. done it 50x... gonna do it 50x more

It is considered "garbage" if you are sold it as MDMA, because it is particularly dangerous stuff.
I mean, i know people who take MDMA who have no interest in tripping on psychedelics (even safe ones).

The potential harms of taking something like 25C-NBOMe are considerable, especially if you thinking it is something else with a greater margin of error between a safe dose and a harmful (or fatal) one.

nbome isnt garbage - shit is fucking awesome. my fav psychedelic... by far. done it 50x... gonna do it 50x more

I'm not against what you've just said. The NBOMe series are potent psychedelics. So if you are into psychedelics AND you actually know the dose you are taking, they can be fantastic.
Having said that, the NBOMe series is more dangerous than - say - LSD - because at very high doses, they can kill - not just from misadventure, but actually through your body/brain/organs no longer working. So, from a public health point of view, LSD is safer.

However in this ridiculous situation, people thought they were taking MDMA - a totally different expectation of effects. And it seems that the mixture was dodgy so some people got a lot of NBOMe, perhaps enough to lead to organ failure. That's the real issue here, not the NBOMe itself.