• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wanted to share my current situation M21

Opiamphetaorhpine1

Greenlighter
Hello, I just wanted to get some other peoples opinions on what to do ect on my current situation. I started smoking in middle school was a full blown pot head yet was athletic top on the football, team wrestled, and graduated high school on the deans liist. I'm 21 now and take suboxone. I was a IV heroin addict for about a year. I'm clean and sober only except for smoking. I consider it a plant, not a drug. My problem is that my brother was also a IV heroin addict for longer then switched to methadone, suboxone, then sadly to Methamphetamine. I nor my family or friends can talk any sense into him. The coincidense is I'm prescribed Adderall IR. Howver I do not abuse it. Ever. In fact 90 percent of the time (I take 20-30mg) less than prescibed which is 40mg. Anyway this is not about me this is about my brother. I've beem an addict so I know exactly how it feels to need dope now but back in my heroin days. However Like I said my brother needs help from abusing meth and Im totally against it, my family denys it still..(WOW..), my friends feel my struggle, but don't have any useful advice. Please anyone? I want to save my brother. But I know he has to want to save himself.

That's the biggest thing when it comes to addiction, unless he wants to change he isn't going to. It usually takes some sort of realization, spiritual awakening, tragedy, of the person hitting rock bottom for them want to want change. I'm actually a living example, I have rehab, outpatient program, and AA meetings jammed down my throat and once the meetings stop I plan on using again.

At the very least let him know how you feel about it, and why you want him to stop. Don't sugar coat it, but ultimate in the end the decision is his and his alone whether or both he wants to quit.

-You could try giving him a small dose of LSD (as a last resort). It is used a lot in treating drug addictions, and has a 45% success rate with treating alcoholics.
-Or you can just tell him the cold hard truth. Sometimes that's enough to wake people up. You could show him one of those sad meth addict videos and tell him how that could be him. (Cheesy, I know… But it might just be what he needs)
-If you're really concerned you could probably call into a rehab center, but your brother would probably need to give consent to that. They also have those drug addiction hotlines that you can call and ask for advice.

But, like what shadowstryker said, in the end it all comes down to his own decision.

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I've always wanted him to try ketamine IM (lab grade) as the effects it had on me were awakening in a way iv'e used it on a blue moon and i love it because after i got out of the being an addict stage I met ketamine and it helped me recover mentally I feel also along with the depression. I would try LSD if I knew it wasnt a damn RC. Real acid is rare ime. But back to my brother.. As of today he's not looking so good. Sores on his face etc I personally dont want to talk much about that as it disgusts me and I wish he cared more or would just listen to somebody else but his damn self. He'll start an argument not even knowing it and its just rediculous. I think rehab is the only possible (expensive) action if I can get my mom out of denial... I talked to him tiday about his appearance and you can tell hes embarrased. I told him you know what thats from right and he played it off as "oh it happenes whether I do meth or not'. Hes in denial, my parents are. the only other person who knows is my long time best friend. We were just talking about this last night and the only good advice he could say was to write a letter stating my feelings to my mother. Since physically approaching her telling her I know hes using he told me he faked his pee test ect only results in me getting yelled at and being the bad guy.