• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Want to try GHB, is there much risk taking it home alone?

Bigpopcleyiop

Greenlighter
I would only get around 10grams to try to start. There is alot of reports of overdoses however mostly what I read that people call overdoses are just related to people falling asleep in public and an abulance being called. So in that case it isn't a medical emergency is it but more a misunderstanding of the individual's situation which would not matter if you were at home? Now some I have read of risk of puking on your own vomit while unconscious which certainly would be a large risk if home alone but that is only for large overdoses right? rather than just slightly miscalculating to bring on a forced sleep dose? Ie the latter if home alone would not be dangerous right?

Xyrem they prescribe 4grams (I think x2 the second for the mid night waking) nightly so I guess it is safe to have a forced sleep dose. Of course no other drugs would be involved I just want to make sure it will be safe since I am a loner and have no-one I could ask to a be a sitter. I am not interested in recreational usage but rather its therapeutic applications. Also something like tripsit probably wouldn't be helpful would it since you might fall asleep anyway and that might arouse concern when there was no problem. So I would get as small an amount as I could find to try, say around 10 gram. This would be low enough to not get into real problems? I mean I certainly would not plan on taking it all I am just saying the less in the house the better.

Never had problems controlling drugs in the past and from what I read this is less compulsive than things like stims. I also have a lock box so I would apportion say a gram total for the first try and lock the rest away and put the key somewhere not easily accessible. So ye the dying from puke is not really a problem provided nothing else is involved right and other then that there shouldn't be any other concerns related to testing at home alone? Also if converting from gbl to ghb yourself is there any risk of inhaled fumes as going under while the heat was on would be disastrous? Seems to not be as I have never read that as being an issue or precation to take from other's who do it and give recipes online but just wanna check.

Last edited:
Listen up here bro, definitely don’t take that shit out in public if you don’t know what you’re doing. GHB will fuck your day if you treat it like a toy. Definitely take it at home, I wouldn’t take more than 2-3grams of it your first time. I would start low, at 1.5-2 grams and work your way up. I haven’t fucked with powder but have fucked with G before. Shit is fire, I must say. Me and my boys fucking love it! Like benzodiazepines or alcohol but a better cleaner feel. Less addictive too imo but YMMV ;)

Pass out in recovery position. Stick to lower doses your first time out so you don't OD, like Lifee pointed out in his post.

Yes take precautionary measures sure but I would also like to know how likely that is. Ie I haven't really read many instances online of that happening just that it is a risk though I did read one regarding gbl I recall once in the gbl megathread but no idea how much he had and don't plan to use that. From what I gather from erowid it generally only becomes a risk if you go above 5 grams.

Since it is used as a prescription drug with the intention of knocking the narcoleptic out we can gather that it shouldn't be that big a risk right? so long as you are keeping under 5 gram mark?

I would not be aiming to passout intentioanlly but it would be good to know if you really wanted to get to sleep or indeed did so accidentally what the margin of error is but that wouldn't be the main intent. Ie I would like to experiment on the lower side and stay awake but a for knocking yourself out safely into sleep is certainly a useful bonus use for it provided it would be safe which in the case of xyrem doses it must be.

Also I was reading some of those older 90s papers on ghb (and refercing studies from right back to the inital invention in the 60s) and the research they did they did not seem to have these negative overdose issues; they talk like the sun shines out of its ass. Maybe they had rose tinted glasses but any serious reactions would have been reported in their findings. Does this not indicate that alot of the problems are due to careless dosing and not proper measuments causing bigger doses then intended?

I'm more experienced with GBL, but it was always fairly safe so long as you measured your doses and avoided redosing when fucked. This is easier if you don't start abusing it/become addicted; which is hard to do, regardless of intent, if you have large amounts and actually like it. Also, never mix with alcohol/other downers.

Ftr I had a friend die and have to be resusistated after he swigged GBL from the bottle when drunk. His lips went blue and my friends - who had just put a half gram of MDMA in a drink and shared it between them - had to issue CPR whilst coming up incredibly hard. He is very, very lucky to be alive.

Taking it in public is riskier. Me and the bros used to have to drag/carry each other out of places unconscious when we were copping gallons back in the day.

G really is some dangerous shit, or at-least it can be. Keep your doses small like I said and slowly go up in incremiments. This compound is also fairly addictive and can be pretty fiendish. Be careful, remember only prescription formulations are CIII others are CI and are is considered just a recreational drug. The fact that it is a CIII does not mean it’s less risky. It’s definitely more dangerous than something like amphetamines and opiates especially if you are inexperienced