• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse made me feel exhausted and distraught --Why?

olivesponseller

Greenlighter
I apologize in advance if this post is poorly written or incoherent. I feel completely out of it and it is very hard to focus on anything. So, I am a 19 year old, 120 lb female who enjoys taking stimulants such as adderall and vyvanse recreationally (as well as for studying purposes). I don't take them too terribly often, probably about once every three or four weeks. I have never had any severe adverse effects from ingesting either adderall or vyvanse before (aside from the to be expected increased heart rate and the jitters). My tolerance to stimulants is pretty moderate. A normal dose for me to get a comfortable buzz is 40 mg xr for adderall and about 105mg for vyvanse. The highest dose I've consumed was 60 mg xr adderall which sent me into a shaky, frantic homework frenzy for several hours, but no harsh side effects were experienced.

Two days ago I took around said 105 mg of vyvanse for recreational purposes as well as for sparking some creative energy for my art project. To keep it short, I had a fucking fantastic day. I felt the expected euphoria, zest, intense energy, and productive drive that I seek out in stimulants and it lasted all day (and even through most of the night unfortunately). Today, I decide to take the same amount before work at 11 am in order to combat a small hangover and give me a boost. However, the speedy, euphoric effect never kicked in and I just felt slightly less like shit during work. After four hours went by I suddenly felt insanely lethargic and relaxed. Presently, I also began to feel acutely distressed, like something horrible had happened. It was hard for me to get out of bed, interact with my friends, and every little annoyance sent me deeper into the cloudy haze of confusion and sadness. I decided to take half of a 70 mg capsule at this point to see if a little re-dose would help, which it did for about an hour ( but still no euphoric speeding, just felt a little less like shit once again ). After that passed, I felt even worse. I couldn't even bring myself to fake smile and interacting with anyone was such a cumbersome and exhausting task.

Why did vyvanse effect me in this bizarre way today? Is it because I took a similar amount only 2 days ago? I still feel these effects as I'm typing so if anyone has any suggestions on counteracting them, I would be very grateful!

Maybe your dopamine levels were still low from two days before? Your negative feelings that u listed sound like a dopamine deficiency..ive only done vyvanse once so im not too experienced with it..let your body recover between doses so u can get the best bang for your buck..

best way to counteract the negative feelings is a healthy meal and some sleep..green tea will help and also the supplement L-tyrosine its the precursor to dopamine so that will help also

Last edited:
What kind of work do you do?
Like stims are well suited for work but not really very sure about vyvansse or other pharmaceuticals when it comes to busy/strenuous shit.
You did like two very completely different things work as opposed to an art project), so it would make sense that two very different things happened.

Vyvanse is processed differently than adderall, it doesn't even take effect until it's absorbed in the intestinal tract- it also has a much longer half life than adderall. I'm guessing you still had some in your system and you ended up just piling more into it that couple days later.

You took a high dose of Lisdexamfetamine, and then re-dosed with the drug. People who are prescribed Vyvanse even in high doses usually don't take anything even close to 100+mg of it. You're also 120lbs and that could have something to do with it. When I was prescribed Adderall, and taking 5-15mg orally I would get effects from it like sweating, dry mouth, and other effects that most people get from a higher dose, and I was 120 lbs then.

Vyvanse also has a longer half life, and is absorbed differently as the person above me posted.