• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Vyvanse first day and side effects.

Tryptomaniacs

Bluelighter
Okay so i was diagnosed with ADD about a year ago and ive been through a bunch of different drugs, i started with concerta then tried ritalin and neither did anything for me, then i was prescribed straterra and that did even less, After this i moved onto amphetamine based drugs, startig with Aderall IR, then moving to Dexedrine spansules.

The Aderall worked well but lasted only 2 hours and the side effects were horrible, and the Dexedrine only lasted 5 hours and the side effects werent much better.

To the Point! My phsychiatrist put me on Vyvanse 40 mg a day, previously my dexedrine dose was 30 mg so i thought this was a low dose, She said we can raise it if we need to. On a few charts i looked at 30 mg of Dexedrine is equal to 70 mg of vyvanse.

So i needed to get alot done today so i popped 2 x 40 mg, thinking 80 mg isnt much more than 70 this is close to the dose i should be on. I also took loperamide and a multi vitamin.

The initial effects about 45 minutes in were a very awake feeling, i felt very happy and had lots of confidence to conquer todays tasks. I showered and got ready and about 2 hours in i went through what i call a "cleaning phase" on any amphetamines, i cleaned my room, did the dishes, did laundry and vacumed my whole house. After everything was clean i did some studying and was very focused in what i was doing.

About a week ago on no stimulants i took a reading test, graded out of 100 and i got a 77 and it took me 40 minutes to complete, today i retook the test and got an 86 in 25 minutes. I was very happy about the results.

This is when the side effects started about 3 and a half hours in my toes and fingers became extremely cold, i couldnt even feel my pinky toes. Then 30 minutes later my calves started feeling very tight and slowly moved into my lower thighs. I also notice when i sit for a long period of time working on something and then i stand up i get a rapid heart beat for about 10 seconds.

Im writing this now 6 hours in and all the symptoms are still present plus tightness in the back of my neck and a strong urge to clench my teeth, i started chewing gum and that helps. Im going to now take 0.5 mg Clonazepam to see if that alleviates any of the side effects.

So far this has been the most helpful stimulant for my ADD and i would like to continue using it, im thinking it was probably a bad idea to take 80 mg and thats probably where alot of my side effects are from, tommorrow im going to only take 40 mg and continue on that dose for the next 28 days and then change doses when i go to my next appointment i will probably raise it to 60 or 70 mg daily.

If you took the time to read this thank you! And do you have any advice on how to stop these sode effects? I have never used any stimulant daily, is this something that gets better over time? I hear alot of people on the forums saying your body adapts kind of and the sode effects go away?

Are there any supplements i could take to help the vasoconstriction? My penis is all shriveled up it looks like my foreskin is back! And im having a hard tome getting hard on this shit and the muscle cramps suck.

I have been drinking lots of water, i havnt been able to eat as my stomach hurts when i do ):

There are so many benefits to this drug way more than the negatives, so i dont want to dicontinue using it. Any advice is much appreciated.

-Trypto

Sounds like vasoconstriction to me, next time try a lower dosage. Also, make sure to smash down a lot of V8 vegetable juices, or vitamins and stay hydrated. Try eating even small amounts of fruit. That will help too. All that good stuff will help make your amphetamine ride smoother. If you have any serequel, I find that works far better then any benzo for coming down off amphetamines.

You'll find this recommendation throughout the Bluelight and the web: Take a chelated magnesium supplement (200-300 mg) sometime during the day of amphetamine use. This is magnesium bound to an amino acid. (Magnesium citrate, glycinate, and lysinate are examples.)

The most widely available form, magnesium oxide, has an almost 0% absorption rate. (It must be very cheap to manufacture it, and the supplements technically contain magnesium so the label is never false.) Avoid these. You may have to go to a vitamin store or health food store to find a chelated form.

You will be surprised at how much this eases muscle tension. However, the other symptoms of vasoconstriction you will simply have to wait out.

Thanks for the responses guys, i will look into getting some magnesium, and i didnt even think of the v8 thing, im having. Trouble eating enough but drinking is no problem plus v8 is good for you.

I read online that asprin is a vasodilator so i took 4 baby asprin with my vyvanse and only 40 mg today and i have no muscle cramps just cold hands and feet. And my fucking dick is still shriveled but i was able to get it up today so thats good. Im going to try to continue taking it daily its really helping nicely.

One other thing i just used and it got rid of the cold hands and feet and relieved all my anxiety was tianeptine i took a couple 100 mg of it and i feel like i can focus even better on the combo but i wont be taking tianeptine daily as it gives me an opiate feeling and i get addicted to opiates fast

Methylphenidate gives terrible vasoconstriction for me and some people (especially slim ones) I know. Dexedrine gives me none, no worse than cigarette smoking at the least. 5 hours is a pretty long half-life for an upper IMO. I mean compare it to cocaine. What's wrong with re-dosing? I take my meds 3 times a day with the last dose at 6 PM I have no trouble sleeping (I do take 2 mg of melatonin and 2,5 mg of aripiprazole before sleep though.

My point is a short duration isn't such a bad thing , sleeping well is extremely important for both mental focus/ acuity as well as long and short term memory.

P.S for combatting vaso-constriction I would recommend gingko biloba supplements standardized gingko is actually a prescription medication (tanakan) against vaso-constriction and risk of stroke in some European nations.