• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse: compared to others, why so short w/bad crash?

sir_thizzalot

Bluelighter
Not sure how to ask this..
When I take Vyvanse in pretty much any dose, it takes over an hour to have much effect and the first effects are different than the normal effect(I feel down, not depressed or anything, just low energy with a fast heart rate, feeling pretty decent). Usually within 1.5 hours I feel all the normal effects, and if I take it then eat lunch 30 minutes later it hits faster. I always take one dose, anywhere from 60 to 120mg and only dose once in a day.

About 4.5 hours after taking it I start to feel annoyed and start to crash, and keep crashing till I go to sleep that night(if I dose once, in the morning, then the following night I sleep fine usually).

For two seperate friends of mine, both my weight or more (i'm not small), one of them has it last 12 hours feeling better than I do at my peak most of that time(same dose) and doesn't crash at all, the other has it last 8+ hours and has a mild crash. A third friend a little smaller than me has it last 6-8 hours and has a crash but not as bad as me. None of us has ADD.

Why is it that it lasts for so much shorter for me, and I crash much harder, than everybody else? Can I do anything about this? I currently take it, eat fatty foods 30+ minutes later(not too much), then eat some foods for energy/nutrients throughout the whole time, and take L-Tyrosine if I start to crash(I try not to eat for a while before the Tyrosine). After Tyrosine I will take some vitamins(1 gram C, and multi and multi B). That all helps dull the crash plenty, but it's still there and that's all it helps.

Any way I can change this and make it last longer? I hate starting to crash while my friend still has 450 minutes of greatness!! Might be a stupid question, but thanks!

EDIT: Today, I took about 75mg, all put into one(larger than vyvanse) capsule. I took it on an empty stomach basically, two hours after my breakfast which wasn't huge today.
600mg magnesium 25 minutes after them
After 30ish minutes my heart beat was up over 100 I think, but no noticable change other than that.
at 50 minutes started feeling pretty good but far from energetic, like I said earlier almost a little down.
At 70 minutes everything was feeling pretty good and what I would expect, felt best at 120 minutes. Eating some carbs throughout this time.

AANND wierd part, at about 150 minutes I stopped feeling very good, not bad just not good, sort of empty. Took 2000mg Tyrosine with some B6, 30 minutes after that ate for 20 minutes, 15 minutes after that aspirin and 1000mg vitamin C tablet, have been eating since.

at 4.5 hours I felt alright, not really crashing but not up(closing to crashing) and at 6 hours I just feel pretty empty, with a heart rate a bit under 110(it was over 130 parts of today, which is rare with Vyvanse for me).

Last edited:
hmm. that's really weird. Vyvanse always gave me a longer, better high then other d-amph products. Are you taking any other medication on the side?

^
None at all. I took some today, I'll update the first post to show how it went(very strangely).

Still pretty much where I was at 6 hours(it's been 8.5 hours) but with a bit lower HR.

damn...

WILL FAT PEOPLE GET MORE OUT OF THESE? I'm not fat, my 12 hour friend is though.

Vyvanse is pretty much adderall or dexedrine that's attached to amino acids. This makes it anti-abusable, because the amino acids can only be released from the amphetamine in the stomach, therefore it can't be snorted, IVed, or inserted any other way. I'm not so sure about the exact chemistry terms of this, but i know it's right. The stomach can only break apart a certain amount of the amino acid and the amphetamine at a time, making it an extended release, nonabusable treatment.

And i'm not so sure but I would guess that the crash is related to how it lingers for like 8 hours after the short peak, instead of it working then just going away like most others.

I get some of the same effects from vyvanse (it wears off quick), especially after using it for more than a single day/night.

The only thing I've found to help is eating plenty of healthy fats, getting exercise and enough sleep.

I'm going to start taking 30mg of vyvanse in the morning and 30mg around 1-3PM. I'm hoping that way I can get a double peak effect, since the effective portion is somewhat short.

Some people get varying effects in terms of the duration of Vyvanse. I've read people who feel Vyvanse only lasts 6hours max and they need to take a booster in the afternoon, while for some Vyvanse lasts too long for them and they have trouble sleeping at night from taking their dose at 8am in the morning. Note that these are all people with ADHD who take Vyvanse to treat their ADHD, not for a stimulant buzz.

It's really hard to say why you don't feel it as long as others. I find that eating food can help get back some of your mental acuity as for some reason amphetamines tend to burn through blood glucose/food energy quite fast and people, including myself, sometimes mistake this lack of proper food energy intake on amphetamines with a 'crash', when it is actually from lowered blood glucose levels.

Then again with the dextro-amphetamine spansules which are stated to last for 8-12hours, I usually only get 5-6 hours out of them; therefore on long days I take 3x 10mg spansules. It's really hard to say and Vyvanse isn't really that great of an 'extended release' mechanism as it is based on how ones' body metabolises the l-lysine-dex-amphetamine moreso than dealing with a bead dissolving system (spansules/Addy XR) or osmotic release system (OROS mph aka Conerta.)

It's all based on metabolism really, just the rate at which your stomach can break apart the amino acids from the amphetamine. If you feela rush like adderall, then your stomach is dissolving it rapidly and it leaves your system quicker.

I think it's mainly for little kids though so they don't become addicted to something at a young age, when they don't know any better.

Some people get varying effects in terms of the duration of Vyvanse. I've read people who feel Vyvanse only lasts 6hours max and they need to take a booster in the afternoon, while for some Vyvanse lasts too long for them and they have trouble sleeping at night from taking their dose at 8am in the morning. Note that these are all people with ADHD who take Vyvanse to treat their ADHD, not for a stimulant buzz.

It's really hard to say why you don't feel it as long as others. I find that eating food can help get back some of your mental acuity as for some reason amphetamines tend to burn through blood glucose/food energy quite fast and people, including myself, sometimes mistake this lack of proper food energy intake on amphetamines with a 'crash', when it is actually from lowered blood glucose levels.

Then again with the dextro-amphetamine spansules which are stated to last for 8-12hours, I usually only get 5-6 hours out of them; therefore on long days I take 3x 10mg spansules. It's really hard to say and Vyvanse isn't really that great of an 'extended release' mechanism as it is based on how ones' body metabolises the l-lysine-dex-amphetamine moreso than dealing with a bead dissolving system (spansules/Addy XR) or osmotic release system (OROS mph aka Conerta.)

Hmm, even if it lasted 6 hours I would be satisfied with the answer of I metabolize it quick. But less than 4 hours? and a good chunk of that is come up.

Cane(whoever posted above me), my bigger friend says he gets slammed by it 30 minutes after taking it and it lasts him up to 12 hours.;
And just because you cant snort or inject it doesn't make it non abusable. There's a bigg difference from 60 to 90 mg, 90 to 120mg, 120 to 150mg.... it's very abusable, just orally. I take soft meth pills orally over snorting them(I haven't had any in 2010 though... tolerance isn't a problem for me).
I'm just saying...it really sounds like you haven't ever taken a decent dose of this. It feels great.

Also, even though the nice parts are gone fast most of the time I still sometimes can't sleep for a few hours at night, and I dose in the morning(8 or 9 ish normally).

the most i've taken at once was 2 of the 50, a buddy got them prescribed at the same time as his adderall for some trial thing for vyvanse. I mean hell yea you could abuse in that sense, just taking alot of them. I've even seen on a thread from another website where someone figured out some method of detaching the aminos from the amphetamine prior to consumption.(can't remember it but i just remember it sounding like a lot of work).

But that how they're designed, and that was the goal was to make them non-abusable. I guess i just meant they design them not to work for any other type of administration for recreational use. but you can't do anything to potentiate one dose or increase bioavailability without adding another stimulant or taking more than prescribed.

I got a decent kick when i doubled the dose. but like i said, the reason it feels like a horrible crash is because the effects after the peak are different than adderall or dexedrine.

-Adderall/Dexedrine: Come up, euphoric peak, come down, normal. come up and come down are around the same amount of time for both.
-Vyvanse: Come up(about the same as adderall), euphoric peak which is more smooth and less stimulating than adderall but short, lingering effects that feel like the peak may come back which it never does(about 6-8 hours), come down(almost instant), normal.

Nobody I know really likes vyvanse because of that. It feels like it may be just like adderall or better for a short time, then just irritates the shit out of you for an extended period before it leaves. But honestly, during the time it does that it is still treating your ADD, which is what is prescribed for.

Cane- most recent post makes sense, although doesn't explain why those following 6-8 hours you labeled feel so great for some people and bad for others.

I noticed the more body fat somebody has the longer it seems to last(the great feeling parts). Wierd..

vyvanse always last really long for me.. usually after 24 hours i can still feel residul effects. the crash starts early but it's never really a crash from the drug, its still working for me but i start to get bad side effects.. headaches, irribility, no appetite.

i only take them for school, which starts at 7:30 so by 2:50 when im done im ready for the vyv to wear off.. but it doesn't.

^
How much do you weigh and how tall are you? and daily dose?

Next time I'm going to eat a lot of fatty foods like nuts 10 minutes before taking 90mg and keep eating some fatty foods throughout the day along with lots of carbs.

If that doesn't go much better I'll try focalin maby, or concerta again, but instead of chewing one 54mg or more I'll take a few whole and let them work for hours.

And if neither of those work I might be done with prescribed uppers. Just go to street amphetamine(not meth) pills if I can't get dexedrine, MABY coke if I can get really good stuff really cheap. This is for non party type days.. for those party kinds of days if I want uppers it will be coke or good meth(I space out meth a LOT though, otherwise I'd use way too much. Just so good!!). Hell, I'd settle for coke if it wasn't so fucking expensive and short acting(meth is way better though, if it wasn't very damaging I'd use it way more often).

That really does seem like a bad mindset to have when contemplating meth - please, take it from me, meth is nothing but trouble!

That really does seem like a bad mindset to have when contemplating meth - please, take it from me, meth is nothing but trouble!

Why? I said I already space it out a lot, and it's not like I'm taking morning bumps to get myself going. Oh and I normally take it orally now, it seems to last longer and be smoother. It's been months since I've had any.

We don't post "bump" to our own threads. If a moderator deletes "bump", you would think you don't need to post it again, because the moderators will just delete it...again.

I love my Vvyvanse. I am prescribed one 40mg cap daily. Being an ex-meth addict, these work wonders keeping my "drug-seeking" behavior away. Non-abusable? Yeah, right. What i have always done is carefully open the capsules (they open & close) and take about half of the powder in the morning or less. Then throughout the day whenever I feel like a crash is coming I just do a little more until I run out, usually between 3 or 5 pm. My morning dose is @ 630 am.
Keeps the crash at bay until I get home and usually gives me a few little peaks a day after the initial bigger peak after the morning dose. I am 6'7" and about 135lbs. Hope this will help you get the most out of them.

And if neither of those work I might be done with prescribed uppers. Just go to street amphetamine(not meth) pills if I can't get dexedrine

I've always wondered, what are in "street" amp pills? Never came across those before. Always thought they were shitty because of the amp based ecstasy pills.

I am 6'7" and about 135lbs.

8o I would donate some of my fat to you if I could...
Are you a girl or guy?