• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse and Turmeric

Lysergaman

Bluelighter
I?ve been taking a gram of turmeric every other day or so with Kratom. I may be starting by vyvanse soon, so I wanted to know if it interacted with the turmeric. I read that you shouldnt take an MAOI with vyvanse, and I know turmeric can act as a weak Monamine Oxidase inhibitor. Does anyone know if this combination should be avoided? Or are the effects from the turmeric negligible?

I'm no expert, but as Vyvanse metabolises to dexamphetamine, it has negligible effect upon serotonin so you don't need to worry about serotonin syndrome. If you were using heavy duty MAOIs, then the use of Vyvanse is contraindicated, but turmeric shouldn't pose a problem.

However, I can't comment on the combination with kratom as I have no experience with it.

Yeah I figured Kratom would be a bit of an unknown. Thanks for the advice on turmeric though. Im not sure if itll make much of a difference, but I plan on using the vyvanse on days Im not taking anything else just to be extra safe.

Well this is several years later, but maybe my response will be worthwhile... I have been trying to figure out what is going awry when medicating, daily vyvanse =never noticed even the slightest unwanted side effect... kratom = a bit of a wild horse that can't be tamed lol... turmeric = pain relief, calms nerves and reduces inflammation as well as performs as a potentiator for kratom, not sure if this is my trouble maker or if it is the kratom... essentially I hadn't noticed negative effects from the kratom up until most recently, by now I have taken the above 3 on a daily basis. Vyvanse is the only med I've kept at the same dose, kratom I've consistently found that staying under 7 grams and I seem to love it, taking any amount with turmeric and although I feel great and can tell the kratom is 'boosted' .. I also feel very unwell at the same time, like it is so difficult to explain without it sounding like a heart attack or something because I just start breaking into cold sweats, intermittently, somewhat dizzy but not really, maybe a little faint but not weak or disabled, the worst is sporadically vomiting... maybe half the total vomit events were accompanied by nausea, however, half the other times I vomit without warning which is just stressing me out. So I began researching and have only found outdated posts like this... I hope my post stirs some conversations again... especially in recent years with such a push to ban kratom, I truly believe we need more advocates and wisdom on these topics...

Well this is several years later, but maybe my response will be worthwhile... I have been trying to figure out what is going awry when medicating, daily vyvanse =never noticed even the slightest unwanted side effect... kratom = a bit of a wild horse that can't be tamed lol... turmeric = pain relief, calms nerves and reduces inflammation as well as performs as a potentiator for kratom, not sure if this is my trouble maker or if it is the kratom... essentially I hadn't noticed negative effects from the kratom up until most recently, by now I have taken the above 3 on a daily basis. Vyvanse is the only med I've kept at the same dose, kratom I've consistently found that staying under 7 grams and I seem to love it, taking any amount with turmeric and although I feel great and can tell the kratom is 'boosted' .. I also feel very unwell at the same time, like it is so difficult to explain without it sounding like a heart attack or something because I just start breaking into cold sweats, intermittently, somewhat dizzy but not really, maybe a little faint but not weak or disabled, the worst is sporadically vomiting... maybe half the total vomit events were accompanied by nausea, however, half the other times I vomit without warning which is just stressing me out. So I began researching and have only found outdated posts like this... I hope my post stirs some conversations again... especially in recent years with such a push to ban kratom, I truly believe we need more advocates and wisdom on these topics...
I also have never noticed any issue taking vyvanse and kratom alone, nor any issue taking vyvanse and turmeric alone, however, I am beginning to suspect something is happening with the "trifecta" I have going on

So turmeric is very often contaminated with lead these days, I would get tested for lead poisoning cuz that sounds very similar to your symptoms.

-GC