• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Vyvanse and pregabalin (lyrica ®)

xannyhead

Bluelighter
I take 30mg vyvanse everyday. My doctor recently prescribed me pregabalin (lyrica®), to be taken everyday at night (75mg). Im not very sure if Id be confortable taking these two meds togheter. I have a pretty good relationship with vyvanse though. Does anyone take these two combined and can tell me the results? What should I expect?

I take 27mg of Concerta a day. I will get my Lyrica script refilled in a few days. (100mg x 3.) I am VERY curious how the combo will make me feel.

I take 27mg of Concerta a day. I will get my Lyrica script refilled in a few days. (100mg x 3.) I am VERY curious how the combo will make me feel.
how is it going? I take 30mg vyvanse and 75mg. Everyday. First few days - woke up a little more tired than usual. After a week, things are going well. HBU?

It's probably okay to take Amphetamines with Pregabalin yes, plus 75mg is a very small dose.

I've had Lyrica on prescription and a purchased one for Vyvanse. I noticed no bad interactions, no adverse effects.
I thought the synergy was great. At the time I was on 900mg of Lyrica/day and between 70-120mg of Vyvanse/day.

The Lyrica added a dimension of slight trippiness but not the kind psychedelics do. More of a subtle and detached, dissociative headspace.
The jitters and eventual angst, the comedown and most of the minor nuisances of Vyvanse were wiped clean. It also adds greatly to the
feeling of contentment. And the kind of grimy places stimulants can take you, Lyrica steered clear.

I really have nothing bad to say about the combo. I've tried small dosages, large, binges, responsible use - all with nothing but joy and pleasure.

I've had Lyrica on prescription and a purchased one for Vyvanse. I noticed no bad interactions, no adverse effects.
I thought the synergy was great. At the time I was on 900mg of Lyrica/day and between 70-120mg of Vyvanse/day.

The Lyrica added a dimension of slight trippiness but not the kind psychedelics do. More of a subtle and detached, dissociative headspace.
The jitters and eventual angst, the comedown and most of the minor nuisances of Vyvanse were wiped clean. It also adds greatly to the
feeling of contentment. And the kind of grimy places stimulants can take you, Lyrica steered clear.

I really have nothing bad to say about the combo. I've tried small dosages, large, binges, responsible use - all with nothing but joy and pleasure.

Yeah I can imagine Pregabalin would be beneficial for any come-down effects of the Vyvanse.

Yeah I can imagine Pregabalin would be beneficial for any come-down effects of the Vyvanse.
Godsend. I would however, depending on how used you are to Lyrica, pace slow and steady and increase dosages slowly.
Pregabalin doesn't (in my experience) disinhibit as much as benzos, but in combination with a stimulant, one can become very aloof and chatty, which might cause problems at work et cetera. But seeing as your taking it at night, it shouldn't be a concern.

If I may lend you a single advice - if you can, try to keep the Lyrica as an emergency-care-pill, not a daily habit.
Tolerance rises faster than whisky-dicks go limp, and the withdrawals are not fun, at all.

Just to add. I take 600mg of pregabalin with 50mg vyvanse. All I can tell is they have a synergy, but very unpredictable as now I feel like my vyvanse pill had sugar into. It's strange. The fact that pregabalin is a voltage-gated calcium channel blocker makes it seems like would in fact dull vyvanse effects, by inhibiting the depolarization of the neuron, canceling by downstream glutamatergic transmission that goes all the cascate through dopamine release by TAAR1 and so on. Try it and share your experience, I'd apreciate know it.

These drugs mix perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I find the gabapentinoid drugs such as Lyrica (a precursor to gabapentin, becomes gabapentin in the body) actually enhance the amphetamines in a pretty nice way. Subjectively to feeling.

In other words, youre okay to take this. Ive been prescribed 70mg vyvanse, and 600mg gabapentin each day.

I agree with you, but honestly I'm very skeptical in the synergy aspect. If they really interage, or they simple do their job apart. As for vyvanse, I'm gonna ask to up my dose, since it last 3-5.5 hours for me, so I put it in water and drink half 2x *25mg*. I've seen graphs of vyvanse vs dextroamphetamine IR half-lifes and it is almost the same, only vyvanse taking 1 hour to become dexamphetamine, which is ridiculous. Where I live (brazil) there's no other substitute for vyvanse, others are methylphenidates only. It's a monopoly, you know this, the big pharma.

Can someone put this into a tiny nutshell for me? Lyrica. I used to be a fully qualified street pharmacist, but the qualification expired over a decade ago... Many people here in Finland use this stuff. What is it? What is the function of recreational use?

I mentioned this in another thread...last night I stayed up all night popping Vyvanse and obsessively writing, researching, and listening to music. It was fun. I let myself bug out like that once in awhile. But anyway, around 4am I started to feel kind of blah, but didn't want to dose again until "morning." I took 300mg of Lyrica, and felt right as rain again in no time.
Substances fascinate me.

I take 30mg vyvanse everyday. My doctor recently prescribed me pregabalin (lyrica®), to be taken everyday at night (75mg). Im not very sure if Id be confortable taking these two meds togheter. I have a pretty good relationship with vyvanse though. Does anyone take these two combined and can tell me the results? What should I expect?
I used to take Vyvanse, Adderall and gabapentin no interaction.

Gabapentin is an extremely similar drug to pregabalin, they act on the same pathway. Pregabalin is just a second generation.

For what it's worth, when I mix Adderall and phenibut I always end up feeling manic sooner or later and sometimes get headaches. (Yes I know the question was about Lyrica lol.)