• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 406: Isolation

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. PtahTek

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 2. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3. dreamflyer

• 4. DeadManWalkin'

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 5. madness00

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 6. PrincessDiz

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. bongdong

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 11. Celestial_Robot_Cat

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 12. chinup

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 13. Xorkoth

• 14. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 15. Mysterier

• 16. sdxyln

• 17. thegreenhand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm gonna give this until October 1st, at which point, voting will open. So get your votes in! I'm gonna advertise a bit...

Before I post a photo that at least get the attention of someone, I think every DSBM cover can show the HIGHEST LEVEL OF ISOLATION/SOLITUDE/LONELINESS

Don't take it as a joke or scary photo. Only a music genre like suicidal black metal can portrait the "isolation", in fact real isolation is sometimes the result of Misanthropy. (I designed this album cover for a music band years ago)

I took a photo from a archi-model and then used adobe softwares to edit and convert it to a cover that an underground metal band asked me to design.

I dont expect anyone to admire or give this modest and surrealist artwork a "thumb up" but I think deepest isolation is not a the distance between "mushrooms" or a man uses a islamic scarf instead of a mask. Im sorry i dont mean to mock the photos that were posted earlier but honestly, do u think being 1 meter far away from others is isolation?

CRAFT-1.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the image. :) And there's no problem with you posting it here to share, but I can't consider it an entry to the contest because it has to be a photo you have personally taken.

Yeah i know. Some of these virtual ppl are bored because they say i talk about nothing but a music genre.

Last edited:
I really like the image. :) And there's no problem with you posting it here to share, but I can't consider it an entry to the contest because it has to be a photo you have personally taken.

Many tnx. As I highlighted previously, Although that cover is what i took personally by my camera, It can't fit well in this thread because i edited that photo in softwares. And thats exactly how i design cover for my musician clients.

Lets forget artwork. Many of album covers or artworks I have created for bands of Black-M" genre somehow express intense isolation and depression. Even some of them have been taken by camera like i said but . But since i had to edit them, they look surrealistic while this thread requires realistic photos, or "STILL-LIFE"

@Xorkoth
After all, thanks to pay attention on/to my modest artworks. You've always been kind to all members.

Diz, which is your preferred submission so far? Deadline date is close at hand. :)

True, but just imagine how much impact it would have had with The Kraken?
True that, but imagine it with a in softwares edited depressive suicidal black metal album cover design artwork next to the cross!? 😜

Don't take it as a joke or scary photo. Only a music genre like suicidal black metal can portrait the "isolation", in fact real isolation is sometimes the result of Misanthropy. (I designed this album cover for a music band years ago)

That's awesome. I agree that dark metal bands have some of the best artwork ever, and the fact that it's your own makes it even cooler.