• 9. Xorkoth

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 10. satatap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's for you, all you cat and dog people! :cautious: Oh oh.. @MsDiz you, as a swan people, are excluded of course. 🤪 Other animals have feelings too, you know, and show some tender affection, you know? 🥰 😁
Ha ha, I'm laughing so hard I'm literally crying. Awesome!!!

I love cows. Having been around more than my fair share of them my whole life, they are very affectionate creatures.

I almost said tender animals :cry::ROFLMAO:

@dreamflyer Glad you're having fun. 😊

@mal3volent I think so too; perhaps not super intelligent, but they are very sensitive beings and can be pretty gentle too, despite their size. As a child I had to work on farms quite a bit; all kinds of stuff but also with the animals. Lots of memories. 🙄

Hmm, what to submit, what to submit...
Believe it or not, some days ago I was at "a place" and the theme of this rounds photo contest came to my mind so I consequently started to ask myself all softs of questions, ..about the nature of colored toilet paper. Obviously it exists, but the colors seem to be always tender, never blood-red, or brown or black, have you noticed? 😜 I then found out that I have another colored roll in the back of my toilet paper stash, besides the normal non-bleached blunt white one. So I had three colors now, which left me no choice but to engage in some terrible toilet paper origami and take some pictures, to explore potential tenderness. 😖 My focus was more on the colors, since the texture of the paper didn't convey that much softness and I have to admit, mission accomplished. I didn't develop any photos yet, but played around a little bit (also to see how saturation, shadows, sharpness etc. effect the feel of softness) and yes, colored toilet paper can transmit a certain tenderness, if you ask me.

You see, the possibilities are endless.. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't even know they made colored toilet paper. :ROFLMAO:

those are cute but my brain can't handle the fact they're rats.
You should watch one of those videos on YT, where they hunt rats with terriers in big cities. Or by this dude who trains minks and dogs to literally obliterate rats by the dozens on farms, as a means of 'natural' pest control. 😬
Oh yeah, one of my ex-girlfriends had pink TP and it was kind of disturbing to my manly bunghole! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the image! :LOL: (I spare you a description.)

For a moment I thought about posting more creatures (squirrel, bird chicks) to reanimate the thread, but then, we basically would be committed to rename this rounds theme to animals! Perhaps I should try to give it a tender floral touch instead:

You should watch one of those videos on YT, where they hunt rats with terriers in big cities. Or by this dude who trains minks and dogs to literally obliterate rats by the dozens on farms, as a means of 'natural' pest control. 😬

I'm a pest controller and I can assure you those rats were considerably more tender about 10 minutes after taking that photo... ;)

I actually think that rats are kinda cute (and smart). There are only a few critters that really give me the creeps; opossums and baboons come to mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah rats are really cool, I've known a few rats, they make pretty good pets, totally better than gerbils/hamsters/etc. I also get creeped out by possums in the wild, but my friends rescued a baby possum who grew up and was their pet for quite a while, until she never came home one day. She'd sleep in the house, give kisses, she was awesome, and so cute.

I actually think that rats are kinda cute (and smart). There are only a few critters that really give me the creeps; possums and baboons come to mind!
As a kid, I spend hours trying to catch my sisters desert jumping mouse when it got free, only to get bit to the bone (and let it escape again of course) when I finally caught it. 😩 Traumatized for life, that's why I need drugs but no one believes me. 😭 And baboons are freakin scary (I inadvertently learned quite a bit about them, cause I read Robert Sapolsky); they will rip your face off and eat it too with no problem at all! (It's of course only half the story.) I will never confront a baboon or any monkey for that matter, human monkeys excluded.

Last fall I tried to catch a fat dormouse or marten on the attic. Only thing I got was lots of rats and it was weird how they managed to kill themselfs in a live trap every single time, so 'm not sure about the being smart part. 🤕

.. I've known a few rats ..
:LOL:

Rats get a bad rap, cause they follow us and are then to be found surfing in the garbage and living in the gutter, and because they are very successful in this niche, seen as competition. Similar with pigs, they are not dirty animals, rolling in the mud is the perfect skin care, that's what they do. They appear dirty when they are forced to live under human conditions, caged. I hate to go full circle here, but think of how we perceive homeless people. A person out in nature that manages to survive will never be "homeless", you're just living off the land; in a way, you will always be "at home". Rant: off.

Last edited:
Will start with this I guess... gonna have to have a think about this one....

My son and I during a typical beach walk in the depths of winter.
MsDiz. What a beautiful and inspirational picture. That is so peaceful. It could be a Hallmark card. I love this !!
6tAgUWe.jpg

What a creative and artistic thread !! ♡

Bump!!

This round seems to be struggling a little. I count 11 actual submissions since Jan 3rd.

Any more for any more??

Yeah agreed. Although 11 submissions is enough.

I still need to submit one. Give me a day or two...