• 11. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #408!

This round's theme is TENDERNESS as selected by your reigning champion: @bongdong ! (along with a little collaboration)

This topic can be interpreted as you see fit. We think it provides ample opportunity for interesting photographs, whether through thematic content, framing, and/or color.

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.

Submissions are now open! Take some photos, or select an existing original photo of yours, and submit it! A recent study published in The New York Times reports that participating in LAVA's photo contests increases the chance of you being cool by 57% over placebo.

===========================================================================================

1. madness00

20200906-143308.jpg

2. MsDiz

6tAgUWe.jpg

3. BK38

TU7oAD7.jpg

4. chinup

IMG-20200112-185622.jpg

5. dreamflyer

dVndrSz.jpg

6. bongdong

bl-tenderness-01.jpg

7. F.U.B.A.R.

20210112-184340.jpg

8. mal3volent

Mit3JQ4.jpg

9. Xorkoth

cwCXR6t.jpg

10. satatap

7525e808-42ff-426b-a492-e2fcbf7d2b6e.jpg

11. SnafuInTheVoid

TnoT2LU.jpg

===========================================================================================

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until January 15th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from January 16th through January 31st (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as a custom title of your choosing related to the topic (or allow us to come up with one for you)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title for the start of 2021. Because as they say, 2020 was the dumpster, but 2021 is going to be fire[/I].

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
This is going to be a difficult round because I don't generally do tenderness - I'm more of a 'shut the fuck up and get real' kind of guy myself.

But I will endeavour...

I don't have a photo yet but will be looking for good photo ops. :)

This is not my submission, particularly as it's a video, but it's me and my sweet kitty, hopefully it can set the mood:

im glad you are enjoying your time with her. Makes me miss mine <3

Oh, 😳 totally missed the start of this one, thanx @Xorkoth.
Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.
Last year, I did a little bit of exploring/reading and I stumbled upon your recent discussion regarding developing/postprocessing/editing which I found quite stimulating. (Not aiming at kicking this off again.) I sometimes let my mind wonder about these things too; better than producing/worrying about real life problem. But then, some regard art as a survival mechanism for culture, so viewed from that angle, it's paramount. 🧐 Anyway.

I also discovered that the blow-up/popularity of the photo contest lineage here is a relatively recent phenomenon, but understandable given the technological advances of the last decade etc. But the perseverance of 'historical' contests (with 2-4 participants) is quite remarkable.

@Xorkoth Even though I'm not much of cat person, seeing you furry mate cuddle is lovely/heart-warming. 😻 (I'm also starting to become grey now.)

@madness00 Classic. 🐱

@F.U.B.A.R. You crude beast! 👹

@MsDiz It's true, you are short (, intentionally overlooking all the scenery around). 😜

Wish you all earth-shattering life-changing photographs in 2021. 🥳

im glad you are enjoying your time with her. Makes me miss mine <3

This is my boy kitty. His mom is the one I lost recently. I treasure my time with him even more now.

(I'm also starting to become grey now.)

Ah you noticed. 😁 Every year there's a little bit more. I have a few on my head, too, but not noticeable there. I'm nearing 40 I suspect I will take a long time to go gray as I take after my mother and she's 65 and still mostly dark haired. But men go gray faster in their beards.

Last year, I did a little bit of exploring/reading and I stumbled upon your recent discussion regarding developing/postprocessing/editing which I found quite stimulating. (Not aiming at kicking this off again.) I sometimes let my mind wonder about these things too; better than producing/worrying about real life problem. But then, some regard art as a survival mechanism for culture, so viewed from that angle, it's paramount. 🧐 Anyway.

Yeah we had a discussion about editing submissions. Personally I think adding some filters, cleaning up colors, etc is okay. I wouldn't be quite so keen on someone trying to submit a heavily photoshopped thing that wasn't really a photograph so much as a piece of graphic art, though. That's why I added the word "minimally" this round, to make it clearer.

Crazy how many contests there have been isn't it?

This is my boy kitty. His mom is the one I lost recently. I treasure my time with him even more now.

I wasn't sure how many you had other than the one you lost not too long ago. I just stumbled across old pictures of her on my phone yesterday I really hate when I do that 😞

I took pictures of my girl after we brought her home from the vet where she died, I wanted to bury her myself in the yard. I took pictures of her, she was laying in a position she often did, but her mouth ever so slightly open. My computer cycles through all my pictures in my Pictures folder for the screen saver, and an inordinate amount of times, I would come to get on my computer and it would be just getting to those, and I would start crying. I had to move those pictures to another folder eventually.

Yeah my google photos thing does this memory thing where it shows you pictures from the same date however many years ago. It's bittersweet. You saying that about her mouth reminded me, her favorite thing was for me to scratch the side of her mouth. Like right on her lips. She would scrunch up her cheek where you could see her teeth and then rub the side of her head down my hand. I just took my meds so I'm enjoying thinking about it but other times I just want to forget. It's a blessing and a curse having been such an animal lover since I was little.

Yeah tell me about it, I have always loved animals. As a little kid I was terrified of dogs because some little dog bit me when I was 2 (don't remember it), but at age 5 or 6, our neighbors had a border collie named Nicki, and she was like half our dog, she was SO cool, she roamed the neighborhood and knew a lot of families, but we were the next door neighbors and she would knock on our door to come hang out. She spent the night a lot and the neighbors were going to move and said they'd give her to us because they didn't want to move her to the city, but they couldn't sell their house. I loved her so much, then she had to get put down because she had cancer. And then we had a family dog who I loved a lot, and my first year in college we had to put her down for cancer, she was suffering badly. Only me and my mom went in and held her paws while they gave her the lethal injection. I will never forget watching the light leave her eyes. Horrible but I'm glad I did it.

But nothing compares to my animals that are my "fur babies" as an adult. Totally next level. Losing my girl was horrible, losing my boy (who I swear is my soulmate, we have always had a special bond, he never leaves my side when I'm home, he is sleeping on me right now)... that is going to be totally devastating for me, I'm so afraid of it. I am really afraid that the other shoe is going to drop, so to speak, after my dad and other cat died in close proximity. I can hardly bear to think about it. I know I have to lose him sometime but I really need it to be years from now.

I really wish animals could live as long as us. I mean parrots live as long as humans, and having gotten to know a parrot recently (who died tragically, RIP Harry Hood ♥️), I can say you can really have a close relationship with them too. But I don't think I'd want a bird, personally. But dogs and cats most certainly do not. :(

cat spaaaammmmm!!! wahey!

honestly i have whittled these down if you would like to see them from a slightly different angle or under different lighting conditions etc, i have hundreds of photos of these beauties. the black one is underrepresented because, though she is the best cat (grey and white is best kitten), she's quite antisocial and never really does cuddles, she's a rescue and had some bad experiences with people. i thought tender moments between me and my felines would fit the bill for this one. so, its not favouritsm. i love them both equally but they're very different little people.

upload

Might as well have called this round "cats"! ;)

I might end up with my submission being a cat pic too. Gonna keep my eye out for opportunities for something else though.