• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 403: Weather

Please select your favorite photo submission (shown below in the first post)

• 1. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2. madness00

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 3. DopeM

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 4. S.J.B.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Xorkoth

• 6. F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. nuttynutskin

• 9. negrogesic

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 10. Quickfixgrrl

• 11. chinup

• 12. Tubbs

• 13. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 14. w01fg4ng

• 15. CFC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fubs, how did you get those colours? do you have a proper camera?

Oh yes! I've got a Canon XTC Mega 5000 DSLR with a lens even bigger than my dick! =D

Not really, I just use an Android phone. But recently I've been fucking about with the 'pro' settings. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, but sometimes I get lucky (a little adjustment to the contrast often works wonders as well).

I used to have a 'proper' camera and got quite into photography and actually knew what I was doing for a while (even had my own darkroom), but I forgot all that shit decades ago... :D

Last edited:
Cold damp woods...

87329951_10222446271771102_1392867093912748032_o.jpg

Alright, great submissions so far. I am going to try to advertise this a bit and see if we can get a few more and then start voting in a couple of days.

Well poop, I don't have any decent weather pix.

Have you used "Inside the Aquarium" as a category yet?

Ha ha, I was just telling someone the other day that I have more weather pics (clouds, sunsets, etc.) than I know what to do with! Last summer I got a cool double rainbow one that I'll have to dig up from my old flash drive and see if it's usable.

Well poop, I don't have any decent weather pix.

Have you used "Inside the Aquarium" as a category yet?

No, we have done "water" though. I mean who knows, this is the 403rd photo contest, it's been going on for many years. But recently, definitely not.

I have several tanks and love to take pix of my bettas and shrimp.
Thanks for having this thread. Glad I stumbled across it, love the pix.
So, we don't vote until December?

There should be a few contests between now and December lol, they usually give it a few weeks, then we vote.

This was taken from a cable car in Funchal, Madeira. The weather up the mountain at the top of the journey was cold, raining and grey, but it was sunny and hot down on the beach at the bottom of the cable.

rMjwsvO.jpg

Last edited:
Thats not weather thats los angeles (though i can't tell where that was taken). Most of what appears to be smog and cloud like formations is actually a mixture of gases from Mexicans farting and mostly likely the coronavirus.
Honey the coronavirus is a pandemic and our air is so much better than Mexico city airso whatever

I don't think you're ready for this jelly

No I'm going to open voting later today. We usually have probably about 6 contests a year, or even more. It used to be one a month (hence how we are at contest number 403), but these days participation is lower than it once was so we tend to leave them open a little longer.

Thats not weather thats los angeles (though i can't tell where that was taken). Most of what appears to be smog and cloud like formations is actually a mixture of gases from Mexicans farting and mostly likely the coronavirus.

Nothing wrong with his photo, thanks for submitting CH. :) Great picture.

Here's some weather I captured earlier. The doomy looking cloud in the image below delivered a hailstorm shortly after taking:

The images below show distant pockets of precipitation giving the 'mushroom cloud' effect - you can see it literally falling out of the sky (also note the crescent moon in the first image):

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC