• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 401: Home

Please select your favorite submission from among those listed in the first post.

• 1. chinup

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 2. Xorkoth

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 3. madness00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 5. KingOfWessex

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • 6. andyturbo

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 7. schizopath

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 8. Zopiclone bandit

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • 9. Snowy_Hell

• 10. mal3volent

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 11. Sadie

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 12. nuttynutskin

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 13. thujone

• Total voters
Wow ZB, that's so cool... what is it? Was the camera shaking during exposure? Really cool effect.

Wow ZB, that's so cool... what is it? Was the camera shaking during exposure? Really cool effect.

I think @hydroazuanacaine has set some camera up in my flat, they hit the nail 100% on the head.
I just shot it in my bathroom around 1am just before I was going to bed, no flash & taken on a really bad camera my stepdad lent me.

Thanks for the comment.

This round is surprisingly slow compared to last. I'm adding an incentive: if you win, you get to invite, to your home, one (1) sexy Bluelight moderator of your choice. Oh the prestige! Oh the glory! But you have to submit an entry to even have that chance! ;)

I'm free... :D

Bandit, i’m a big fan of night shots with en scene artificial lighting. why cinestill 800t is my preferred negative film stock. it’s tungsten rated motion film modified and respooled for still cameras. that’s what the shot of the chick walking away under the hotel sign is on.

again, great shot. my favorite so far this round.

I refuse to take part in this competition anymore. I have deleted my entry. It would seem that photos depicting the real world are no longer viable.

Schizo, that's a brilliant image but looks more like a painting than a photograph. ZB, that's just a bunch of blurred dots - even though Hydro finds it worthy of wanking into oblivion over. And where is the explanation of why these images remind you of home?

I've just remembered why I dropped out of art college - too much fuckin bullshit.

Last edited:
ZB, that's just a bunch of blurred dots - even though Hydro finds it worthy of wanking into oblivion over. And where is the explanation of why these images remind you of home?

Because it was taken in the bathroom & I love when it's late at night & I go take a wee before bed & look through the window & the way the streetlight looks. Also the last 4-HO-MET trip I did I had a OEV that was very close to that image when I was walking down the street.
I still to this day love 4-HO-MET for the crazy visual effects you got off it.

I refuse to take part in this competition anymore. I have deleted my entry. It would seem that photos depicting the real world are no longer viable.

Come on old man, no need tocry & throw your toys out the pram is there?
Photography is unique to each person & how they see the world, a lot of stuff I see online that some people love I think is total rubbish but I'd never cuss another persons work.

Yeah my "style" maybe not loved by everyone I admit, you ever seen my old FB account where I had my work before I sold my camera one day when I was really sick? I got some decent votes on the last comp & was just beaten by Chinup so the stuff I do people must see something of value in it. I've said before on here that I have really bad dyspraxia & people think I am retarded a lot of the time as my physical skills in life are limited so badly but I seem to have a skill if you wanna call it that in the way I "see" the world & I try to show the way my brain works stuff via a camera, I've always loved "art" & photography & can see stuff most other people miss or cannot see, I'm left handed too so you can imagine the fun I had as a kid. Also like a lot of BL I've taken a lot of stuff in TIHKAL / PIHKAL and try to put over in my work some of the visual effects I've had from huge 2C-B trips to take a photo in the style of a 60mg smoked N,N-DMT trip is kinda hard) but I'll be honest FUBAR I am really a bit hurt you would cuss my stuff like that to say the least.

Don't quit here, put on your big boy pants & carry on with it I say.

Come on old man, no need tocry & throw your toys out the pram is there?
Photography is unique to each person & how they see the world, a lot of stuff I see online that some people love I think is total rubbish but I'd never cuss another persons work.

Yeah my "style" maybe not loved by everyone I admit, you ever seen my old FB account where I had my work before I sold my camera one day when I was really sick? I got some decent votes on the last comp & was just beaten by Chinup so the stuff I do people must see something of value in it. I've said before on here that I have really bad dyspraxia & people think I am retarded a lot of the time as my physical skills in life are limited so badly but I seem to have a skill if you wanna call it that in the way I "see" the world & I try to show the way my brain works stuff via a camera, I've always loved "art" & photography & can see stuff most other people miss or cannot see, I'm left handed too so you can imagine the fun I had as a kid. Also like a lot of BL I've taken a lot of stuff in TIHKAL / PIHKAL and try to put over in my work some of the visual effects I've had from huge 2C-B trips to take a photo in the style of a 60mg smoked N,N-DMT trip is kinda hard) but I'll be honest FUBAR I am really a bit hurt you would cuss my stuff like that to say the least.

Don't quit here, put on your big boy pants & carry on with it I say.

Oops, vodka induced hissy fit - many apologies to all. I'm not cussing your work mate, there is definitely a place for stuff like yours which is why I previously suggested we have two photo contests - one for the realists, one for the artists. But no-one took any notice and now the rules have been relaxed so that any image whatsoever seems to be acceptable. It kind of makes it pointless having a theme when the theme is so open to interpretation. No offense meant, I was just clumsily trying to make a point.

My late love of my life.
View attachment 15410

I'm sorry your kitty is gone. Mine are 14 and 15, and I love them both so much. The 15 year old one got mammary duct cancer and I got her an operation to remove it but she is really seeming old. The other one is my familiar (like how wizards have animals that are part of them that they can see through the eyes of), my girlfriend says. He's my constant companion, the best companion kitty of all time. There will never be another animal I am as close with as him, I already know this. Fortunately he still seems really young, but one day he'll be gone and it will devastate me.

I'm sorry your kitty is gone. Mine are 14 and 15, and I love them both so much. The 15 year old one got mammary duct cancer and I got her an operation to remove it but she is really seeming old. The other one is my familiar (like how wizards have animals that are part of them that they can see through the eyes of), my girlfriend says. He's my constant companion, the best companion kitty of all time. There will never be another animal I am as close with as him, I already know this. Fortunately he still seems really young, but one day he'll be gone and it will devastate me.
Yeah, we get bound to them and it hurts like hell once they depart.