• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vomiting right after amphetamine IV?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Helu!

I've read online that vomiting is an effect of an actual OD, but friends have told me that they also have vomited right after shooting up amph. I didn't vomit alot - I almost managed to hold it in, but then let go and vomited once.

I'm using buprenorphine as well, which alone makes me vomit alot of days, so it could also be the combination causing it.

What say you? Could this just be the result of a high dose, and not necessarily an OD? Everything else, including HR and BP, is fine, and the rush wasn't even that intense.

If you vomited, that was an OD.

Your body evacuates its stomach contents in response to an OD to save itself from harm.

I don't know your tolerance or your dosage in the shot so I can't say whether it would have done this on its own, but one thing I can say for sure is that both drugs contributed.

When I was shooting meth it was quite common. Sadly if I didn't feel kind of nauseous, I'd think I didn't do enough.
It's on the low side of an OD, as you said HR and BP we're not dangerously high, but certainly you did enough where your body had an 'oh shit' moment.
Edit: how much do you think you did?

When I was shooting meth it was quite common. Sadly if I didn't feel kind of nauseous, I'd think I didn't do enough.
It's on the low side of an OD, as you said HR and BP we're not dangerously high, but certainly you did enough where your body had an 'oh shit' moment.
Edit: how much do you think you did?
Not much at all. At maximum 0.5 grams, but probably less than that. I usually don't use less than 1 gram per shot. It didn't feel like being close to too much.

I have been using more bupe than normally and think that this might be the reason.

500 mg is way way too much. The LD can be as low as 1,3 mg/kg for someone without tolerance, of course tolerance will increase the LD, but still you're playing with fire.

^yep
a gram per shot? that's an awful lot, and you're definitely risking psychosis and other mental health problems dosing that high.
psychosis is another symptom of meth overdose.

I vomit pretty much Everytime I do a good meth or Coke shot. Hell just thinking about it makes my stomach flip.

500 mg is way way too much. The LD can be as low as 1,3 mg/kg for someone without tolerance, of course tolerance will increase the LD, but still you're playing with fire.
I can't use less than 0.5 grams. If I do that, I don't feel the rush like at all. Up until a few months ago, perhaps 2 at most, I very rarely used less than 1 gram per shot, and even went up to 2 gram / shot. I don't get how people here on BL use so little doses compared to most people I know IRL.

Perhaps the amphetamine is stronger where you live compared with my country? Here it's probably at about 20 %. I'm also quite big @ 250 lbs, and can take alot of drugs before going down.

^yep
a gram per shot? that's an awful lot, and you're definitely risking psychosis and other mental health problems dosing that high.
psychosis is another symptom of meth overdose.
I don't think so. I might be risking a heart attack or other heart-related problems, but I have used so much amphetamine over time and never even gotten close to psychosis. Except for perhaps when I was binging for days and days on ridiculous doses.

How much water do you use to have that much in one shot?

I dont know anyone that does a gram at a time.

You must have very cut gear by the sounds of it.

Clean it first eh?

dear lord batman, still banging up monster doses?
i sometimes vomit when i smoke crack - after the first hit i just heave
but yeah, yours sounds like an OD

dear lord batman, still banging up monster doses?
i sometimes vomit when i smoke crack - after the first hit i just heave
but yeah, yours sounds like an OD
Not as often, sir. But today I have.

I have irregular heart rhytm and somewhat elevated body temperature, and most likely higher BP than usually as well, but I have been much worse off before so I don't feel too distressed. It has also calmed down a bit during the last hours.

I'm fairly sure I will live to see another day. But then again, a heart attack could come as a a surprise, but I doubt it. You can be sure I'm dead if I stop logging in for extended periods of time. Could be jail/forced rehab as well but I' so done with that.

How much water do you use to have that much in one shot?

I dont know anyone that does a gram at a time.

You must have very cut gear by the sounds of it.

Clean it first eh?
No, I have taken up to 1.2 grams of high quality street amph. Usually it results in severe panic attacks, heart palpitations, extreme BP and almost unconscious, but if I only take it once, and not for several times a day or for alot of days in a row, I usually get no problem at all.

Normal quality I've shot 2 grams at once. Just got tired.

I feel amphetamine is wasted unless it's a high dose. It's like shooting something like 60 mg methylphenidate and no more. Enough to tease you, but not enough for a good high.

I take adderall at 55 mg and the peak effects make me act very sedated and tired but its more of a laziness of feeling very content whatever im doing.

Not much at all. At maximum 0.5 grams, but probably less than that. I usually don't use less than 1 gram per shot. It didn't feel like being close to too much.

I have been using more bupe than normally and think that this might be the reason.
Damn!!! Thats a shit ton of meth!