Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

vomiting on the come up & eating vs not eating

melancholic

Bluelighter
i have only ever vomited once on a roll, an orange hq, i had half, then an hour later 2nd half, and later on i vomited my guts up. totally unexpected, totally surprising. didnt feel bad, i was just a little weirded out, and it was not something i felt comfortable doing with a lot of people around!
i searched and couldnt find anything, and the ecstacy discussion board is not australian, they all say 'take tums' or something, wtf are tums?
smile.gif

anyway, i think vomiting is a result of a heavy dose of mdma and spewing is one of youre body's reactions right? so, is it better to eat or not eat, when you know you might be taking a strong pill?
i honestly cant remember whether ive eaten or not before most of my rolls.. in fact, the time i did vomit im sure i didnt eat anything, but i did have many of cups of tea during the roll...
im no stranger to nausea on a good pill, as its regular, just a slight uncomfortable feeling, and i usually burp a bit, however im worried on a full pill that it would go further than a burp.... anyone know anything?
smile.gif

quick-eze my son, quick-eze...the answer to all your problems.
as for the eating thing...its best for your body to have a fairly good meal on the day of a roll, and a nice small one a few hours before...yah it will decrease the effects a tiiiiiny bit, but you are hammering your body, and it needs vitamins and all that shit, just cos your on drugs doesn't mean that your body doesn't need sustenance!

Well i roll every weekend and generally (naughty naughty) it's on an empty stomach, in the entire time pillin i've only every spewed from one pill and that was "Blue Lightening Bolts", i remember was driving in the Cross, started to get a bit of blur vision, waiting at a set of lights and from no where i spewed over myself while driving, it came from bloody no where! I felt fine straight away after it. I believe it was the pill not from not eating.
While i'm here another question.... when anyone here takes whizz, speed, base, do you find you get a really bad urge to cough alot and when you cough you feel you'll nearly spew but don't it's just the cough....... know what i mean?
smile.gif

------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

Still, I think you're playing with fire - one day you "won't know what the hell happened" but you won't be lucky enough to be at traffic lights.
redface.gif

If not for your own sake, stop doing this for the sake of the pedestrian you might eventually clean up thanks to sudden blured vision at 80km/h.
And take a look at this thread.

I'm sure I also speak for melancholic (the original poster) when I say "Thankyou for making the point about safety and driving" but anyone got anything to say that's actually on topic?
Drugs & Driving is another topic altogether and it would do well to be represented in its own thread. And has been done before.
TOPIC: "Vomiting on the come up & eating vs not eating"... continues
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

[Edit: offtopic comments deleted - BT
smile.gif
]
Back on topic, some people find plugging goes some way to minimising nausea on the come up.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 07 November 2001).]

[Edit: offtopic comments deleted - keep it to email please - BT
smile.gif
]
now, back on topic. i've never spewed on pills, but i have friends who have. hits them really suddenly, and they feel fine immediately afterwards, in fact in one case my friend always spews immediately before he starts to rush. like clockwork, and doesn't seem related to food intake.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 07 November 2001).]

I HAVE to eat before pilling now-a-days. My body can't cope without eating after, so i have to eat plenty beforehand. This unfortunately for me, means it takes close to an hour for my pill to kick in. I've found this out on a number of occasions. Atleast i feel better the day after, and i have never spewed on a pill, eaten or not.
DJC*
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"

OK. What part of ON TOPIC is not understood here? If you want to make a personal point to someone, do it by email.
All off topic replies have been deleted - there are huge volumes of drink/drug driving advice on Bluelight. Any more off topic posts in this thread (after this) and I will delete the whole thing. This is a general comment directed at all replies, so do not take it personally.
BigTrancer.
------------------

I throw up all the time on good pills,well I would'nt actualy call it that just more like a dry retching and as soon as I do I feel fine.
I've tried the quick-eze approach once before and it did nothing for me though it was probably due to the fact I took the quick-eze about 2 hours before dropping.

Yeah I used to hurl a bit if I was having more than one pill. These days I just reach for the chewable quick eze and its sweet.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

If my girlfriend pukes on the come-up, I know it's a good pill. It hits her before me so I can tell how good they are. As for eating, I try to eat a large meal, but its hard when you're revving up for a big night. Chuppa-chups for energy during the night are a good idea.
I also get massive hunger pains at about 6am (dropping at 12pm) am I a freak or is this normal?

i start dry reaching and carrying on before my pill is even taken
smile.gif
due to the excitement or the nervousness of the whole thing. i haved chuged a bit when coming up although i guess by this point most of it is in you anyway. it is basically the bodies natural reaction to a poison you have just put into it. i find mylanta gets rid of the chuck problem although it does nothing to carm the pre-drop nerves. as for dropping just after eating a big meal i find it doesn't decrease the intensity but its waiting, waiting, one to two hours later bang. This can easily be got around such as situations when you didn't know you were going to drop just after eating soooo up the bum it goes. come down is alot nicer too because you don't get that fuck i haven't eating in a week feeling!

a really simple answer for an upset tummy on a big night out can be peppermint lifesavers or steamrollers (if you can find em).
They both contain actual peppermint oil which really helps to settle the tummy even if you have already spuked - pep lifesavers have saved many a buddy of mine from having to go home earlier than planned...

thanks people
smile.gif

ill have to try quick eze and peppermint lifesavers
smile.gif

but can anyone actually answer, that if youre going to puke from a heavy dose, is it more likely that youll puke if on empty or full stomach? or is the general concensus that it makes no difference?
oh, and ta BT for keeping em on topic but dont be too hard on em, they only mean good
smile.gif

As a general rule, when I plan on taking any psychedelic drugs, I fast the whole day beforehand. Taking the drugs on an empty stomach has numerous advantages. I've found that having an empty stomach gives you a clearer state of mind during the experience. It also reduces or eliminates the risk of nausea for those drugs where this is a problem. It also, it seems, plays a big role in how long it takes for a drug to get into your bloodstream.
The above is from an Erowid trip report written by Murple. The trip report details the delayed onset caused by a heavy meal prior to taking 130mg MDMA. In the report the come-up time for the MDMA was 2 hours, rather than the customary 30-50min most people experience.
For research chemicals, in general the advice is to avoid eating beforehand, because nausea can be intense. For MDMA I imagine the rationale is much the same; with an empty stomach the chance of nausea is reduced. The other possibility is that on an empty stomach the drug will enter the system quicker, making any nausea perhaps a little greater, but shorter in duration.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------

i would have to disagree (sorry big trancer) after yrs of experience, we have decided something in the tummy before a roll is very necessary.
my advice is to have a very light meal for dinner on the night you want to go out and to have it much earlier than usual so that it is mostly digested before you go.
this can prevent the empty tummy trying to digest itself feeling just are you are coming up.
for me not dinner = a puke every time
light dinner = top night
hope this helps...

i will usually dry wretch before i start coming up, but i have been advised to either plug or take quick eaze. I usually find the better the pill, or the more i have, the more likely i am to feel sick. Although i do find if i had very clean, pure mdma pills i don't feel as sick as if they have mda or anything else in them... i don't think food intake really effects me, i think its just a personal thing judging from the comments above!

just thought I'd add to this...
quick eze will stop you feeling sick, but it will also screw up the effects of the pill. It lines the stomach stopping the indigetion brought on by the pill, ie the pill doesnt digest properly and the peak will come on so much slower and not neary as well. Only take it if you get chronically sick and cant handle it.
Eating.. Im pretty sure it makes absolutley no difference to sickness brought on by a strong come on, I'd suggest not eating to much because it'll just make the inevitable spew so much worse, where as if you have nothing there you wont spew, just retch for few minutes, and then you peak for ages
smile.gif

I get the strong come on sickness everytime I have a good pill, its just me. The anticipation does it mainly and its just the way my body reacts. I'm pretty sure once it gets used to it a bit more it'll go away.
But then there is other type of sickness, and im yet to test it but i think this one has alot to do with eating. It usually happens later in the night and my stomach starts feelin unsettled, nothing to do with whats going on in my head. I'm pretty sure its just the water ive been drinking not sitting right, its just swishing around in my stomach aye, even though I'm usually dancing and keeping track of how much I drink. The food will soak it up a bit i figure and pretty much get rid of it (i hope, and will test next time). Where the come on sickness is short and wants to make you spew, this one makes you want to spew but not overwhelmingly, (better off spewing when this happens if you can, it makes it better ALOT faster) and it hangs around for a long time and pretty much just sucks. I got it on friday night, burped and coughed like i was gonna spew a few times, but the sick feeling lasted ages after the pill had worn off, and once it kicked in at about 5am, pretty much ended my night.
Words of adivce from someone who knows exactly what ya going through, and yes a full pill will make the sickness brought on by stong come on worse if you get it, but it usually doesnt last all that long and it lets you know your in for a good night
smile.gif

and btw, if you get this, try get away from music and to somewhere quieter with fresh air if at all possible. It comes on damn fast, but after a few times you start to recognise it early and can get to a better place. It wont stop it, but makes it not as bad and gets it over with quicker (plus u dont wanna spew on dance floor). This isn't always possible at a club, thats why i usually go in halves there, but at a rave theres always somewhere quiet you can get away to.