• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vivitrol sucks

Pillsbury_Dope_Boy

Bluelighter
I have been being forced by my family to take Vivitrol. Usually, it is not that bad. However, this month (last Monday) I took it after only having been clean for a week.

Since taking it, I have been a total zombie. There's the usual feeling of not being able to feel any pleasure (from things like food, sex, etc.) and a weird cringy feeling in my body and head at all times.

But this time it's worse. You know how when you first wake up in the morning, for the first 10 minutes or so, you feel like a zombie and the last thing you want to do is get up? Well, that's how I feel when I wake up, except it DOESN'T GO AWAY. I feel like that the entire day. I have been waking up at 11 AM and not getting out of bed till 3 PM because I simply am too groggy and don't have the energy.

This is ridiculous. I do not know what to do about it now, or how to explain to my family that I do not want anymore Vivitrol shots.

My dad suggested maybe I go on Suboxone instead. But I do not want Suboxone. And he said if I want him and my family's continued help (place to stay, etc.), then I need to either be on Vivitrol or Suboxone.

Someone I know was forced to take it by their family as well. They had the same experience. I can say for certain that the good parts of life will return and pretty soon. You'll be able to experience pleasure again.

I do think suboxone would be better for you though for that reason. At least you can enjoy life on suboxone. I know that families and loved ones have the right idea when they put someone on vivitrol, but I just think morally it's questionable to do so. There's a certain beauty in choice. Being able to be good or evil. Vivitrol pretty much takes away someone's ability to be an addict, and is kind of like putting a bandaid on something that should be fixed to begin with? Just some thoughts on it. Everyone who enjoys opiates a little bit too much probably struggles with depression somewhere along the line. Vivitrol doesn't help with those underlying issues.

Why not? It's much less nasty than naltrexone, at least buprenorphine activates your opioid receptors somewhat.
Because I don't want to be opioid-dependent, that's why.

Also, in the past with Vivitrol, I did not have this experience.

Because I don't want to be opioid-dependent, that's why.

Also, in the past with Vivitrol, I did not have this experience.

That's fair. Opiates don't let you leave without soul-banging you lol. No matter what the route you're just going to break out with some form of PTSD. My god... all we wanted was to get high LOL. Hang in there!