• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Vivitrol Help (Timetable)

insidious

Bluelighter
I have been on vivtrol for 23 days and I still feel like shit. If you want to see my story look at my other post; I do not feel like posting my history again. All I want to know is when will these negative side effects cease to exist. I am not interested in getting high, I am interesting in feeling normal. I have this joint pain, back pain, headache, absolutely no appetite, I am lethargic, insomnia, and I am also depressed as all hell. I only took the shot to induce rapid detox from suboxone (Which was hell), I really had no idea that I would have these side effects.

I am starting to think I just have some sort of adversity toward naltrexone, because I had some of these side effects while I was on suboxone.

Any help or experience is welcome, I just really would like to know if I am not alone.

I can only speak from a pharmacology standpoint as I never would allow anyone to try to coerce or convince me naltrexone or any other full antagonist would help my opioid dependency.

This is b/c of what you described. It may get better, but sounds like you'll be depressed at minimum and possibly crave opioids badly and indefinitely when taking naltrexone. It's a terrible drug for opioid treatment. That's partial opinion, partial educated analyses, and a collection of others experiences. Some people get on well with naltrexone, I suppose those people don't suffer low natural endorphins as most of us long term opioid abusers either were born with or created through use...

It's a shit substance, what you feel is what it does. Fuck that shit, try bupe or methadone if you need a maintenance substance that will allow you to resume a more stable lifestyle, not crave and block dope if you use it as directed.

Give it a try (bupe, 'done or nothing), those symptoms will fade as the naltrexone is eliminated from your body.

For alcoholics, this drug may have a place in treatment, I'm not well enough informed to trash naltrexone for alcohol abuse.

Thank you for your reply. My doctor tried to tell me that vivitrol has no side effects. I laughed in his face, literally. I had been up 36 hours at this point. I just feel different like something is off. My appetite is usually what I get back first, yet it's been 24 days and I could go without eating if I didn't force myself.

I have also heard that vivitrol is passed through urinating, anyone know this to be true? Can I take niacin or something to speed this up?