• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vivitrol blockade override

d00d5557

Greenlighter
Okay, besides the complete antithetical nature of this thread I am truly trying to see just how varying the results are with the half-life of Naltrexone and it's metabolism. As i've found it varies from person to person. Some say they can get around 75% high around day 26 and full blown euphoria around day 29. Others say they've not felt anything until day 45 which sounds ridiculous in my opinion. To clarify i've been a Heroin addict and was only on the merry go round one month half of which was IV ROA. Anyway I know i'm a junkie, worthless and without logic and want to cheat between doses. Simply to chase that high which is always a self-promised "last kiss". This time around would be IV if I am to buy two-three bags close to the 27th day from injection. This Vivitrol injection has been my first dose in a year. So I don't know if that means my body would metabolize it less quickly due to the fact it hasn't come into contact with it in a minute, or if it's affinity wouldn't be as built up as say someone who had obtained 6 months of shots. I know it's a big risk turning around and getting another shot as I had precipitated withdrawals for the first time from the shot after stopping Subutex detox.

Make sure you start with a small test shot. Your tolerance will be significantly lower after a month on naltrexone.

Hi Hi. Back with information for posterity. As I know this information is very sought after especially by junkies trying to cheat the shot. Anyway quick synopsis Day 17 purchased 6 bags banged every last one before the end of day. Very light feeling not much to speak of. Stubborn purchased more the following Sunday same amount same result apart from pupil constriction and a feeling of the Naltrexone and Diacetylmorphine duking it out. Same shit essentially up until about day 25 when I could get a considerable high and nod with some marijuana supplement. On day 28 you could feel the pins and needles but not so much the punch in the stomach from the rush. The house falling on you feeling which wrecks you and leaves you crawling back for more. Needless to say this bout of experiments cost me a cool 500-600 dollhairs for what amounted to two weeks of use. Tomorrow is day 32 for me, i've got my next shot coming Monday and i'm not going to lie i'm a little scared despite most of my receptors being blockaded that i've gotten somewhat of a tolerance. Going to do my bags right quick first thing tomorrow then start detoxing ASAP. My only comfort is the quick metabolism of Heroin and it's half-life. My only real concern is that of being in withdrawal already when getting the shot. Prayers please because my dumb junky ass couldn't talk myself out of scoring tomorrow.

I NEED HELP! been on vivitrol for 4 months (maybe 5, can't remember) and I'm coming up on 30 days since my last shot. I haven't used opiates (DOC is IV heroin) and I don't plan on continuing vivitrol. I want to get high so badly. A friend of mine (who is in the same position as me) has 2 grams and is thinking of trying to breakthrough. Now we have both been on vivitrol the same length of time and have heard horror stories of people not getting high until the 60th day which means we would be waiting an extra month. We want to get high now. Any luck trying to breakthrough? You said you did six bags? My friend was thinking of shooting a half G to test the waters out but doesn't want to waste the dope in the process. Fear is I don't get high, waste dope and go into respiratory failure.

My friend is going to try next week which should be 30 days from his last shot. I'm doubtful it will have any significant effect despite shooting a large amount because of how long continuously he's been on the shot.

Any experience from any vivitrol patients or past patients please advise! THANKS!

^ You need to start your own thread if you have a question that you haven't found an answer to after using the search engine.

I don't have first hand experience with the naltrexone shot but it was dispensed at a methadone clinic I used to go to and I have friends on it. I've never heard of it lasting 60 days and the general consensus from people I know on it is it didn't last past 30 days and some were able to get high up to a week earlier.

If you use, do a small test shot first to gauge the effects and your tolerance, which has probably gone down. Don't just go do your regular amount before getting the shot, you could be risking overdose.

what a joke this vivitrol is, as you can see it does nothing to help addicts in the long run.... i guess its called vivi (troll) for a reason! lol

care to elaborate rhun? i can see how vivitrol can be pretty controversial. I've known dealers and other heavy users with a seemingly endless supply of h who claimed to easily "break through" while on bupe..i can see this being the ultimate goal/problem of someone on vivitrol (duh). im curious how it helps anyone in the long term.

op - that fucking sucks you had to go through pwds when you got your shot! shit sucks.

you gotta give some credit to anyone willing to take a vivitrol shot though, i mean, thats a pretty big deal for a daily opiate user. lol i remember right when i got out of the acute stage of wd my mother starts going on about how i need vivitrol and I'm like, fuck, (the thought of that while every fiber of my being is screaming for dope) uhhh no thanks.

At best, it's a "quick fix" that isn't conducive to long term sobriety for most addicts. At worst, it's unethical and dangerous.

It's one thing if an addict chooses to go on Vivitrol on their own accord, though I don't necessarily agree and I'll go into that in a minute. But I've seen many people get pressured or even outright forced into it, and it's ugly. Before the shot, I had friends cutting the naltrexone implants out of their arms because they were so desperate. Others used potentially lethal amounts of their DOC trying to shoot over it and suffered serious consequences.

I've also witnessed many incompetent doctors giving these to addicts still in detox, resulting in precipitated withdrawal and also others detoxing off long lasting opioids who agreed to Vivitrol before starting detox only to regret it and have to go through weeks of withdrawal with no way to find relief.

Best case scenario, you've agreed to the shot of your own accord and having completed treatment and it's there as a fail safe. But I just completely disagree with forced sobriety. You're clean because you have no other choice and as a result, you miss out on many of the things that help achieve sustained sobriety... being 100% ready to quit, being willing to completely change your life (and dealing with whatever caused you to use), learning the tools to avoid triggers and stay sober through everything life throws at you, and just all the hard work and the journey and everything you experience along the way. It changes you.

But I get it. We addicts want a quick fix, a magic pill. And Big Pharma make a big bucks on addiction.

I been on vivitrol shot for roughly four months now. Fuck me. Its helped with physical cravings but I was pretty much forced to get it in detox. My insurance covers it for 6 months. I have over 100 days clean and I owe it to vivitrol. But damn I really don't like this. Its like I'm ju s waiting til the last month then use. It def helped wit short term sobriety but I feel fucked for long term....atleast its giving me the time to clear my head and try and work a program....but at the same time it sux. Its a short term fix but if used correctly it cud change ur life and gove u a head start on recovery. But me.....I'm still fiending.. thTz my two cents on the shot. D: WWAhhh I don't think I'm ready

I've been on the shot for about three months now. My last shot should finally be wearing off- today is day 33, but last time I used, my shot took 49!!!! days to wear off! I am fiending so bad.

Vivitrol seems to have a compounding effect when it comes to blocking other opiates. As in, if you get it for 3 months straight, the blocking effect will last longer than someone who only got it for one month

In my experience, and this is just me personally, it takes about 28-30 days after the 1st shot before you can legitimately get high. Not sure about after 2+ shots because I was only ever on it for a month at a time, but everything I've read has said that it takes longer before you can get high

you can still abuse Suboxone because Bupe has a higher affinity than Naltrexone, but odds are, if you are getting the Vivitrol shot in the first place, your tolerance is at the point where Suboxone won't get you truly high. But you can get a "buzz" off Suboxone, if that makes sense. Or if you're at like Day 20-25, Suboxone would probably get you pretty high. But keep in mind Suboxone will also block opiates. Like I wouldn't take 8mgs of Suboxone on day 27 because than I'd have to definitely wait until Day 30 to get high on heroin when Is rather just try it on day 28.

everyone is different, but 28-30 days is about how long it takes before you can get high again

Youll see people claiming to get high after like a week, and while I have no proof that what they are saying is untrue, remember you are taking advice from opiate addicts on the internet, a group which is quite a bastion of honesty and integrity if one were to exist (obviously kidding)