• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vivitrol - Alittle bit of information.

zurichsb

Bluelighter
I found information on Vivitrol, the opiate antagonist shot, to be sparse. I have been administered the shot once a month for the last three months. I was not a week clean when I got it and the rapid detoxification was really quite terrible. I don't recommend this path for anyone. Over the last 3 months with a combination of counseling and AA life has gotten quite better.I have experienced no side effects from the shot. I haven't tried getting high on the shot but it was truly a life saver. I could not stay away from opiates no matter how much I willed myself. I am on the prescription for the next year. Until today I had received the shot every 28 days but this month my schedule slipped to 31 days. I know they say the shot last 30 days so i decided to try getting high as I am getting the shot tomorrow and will fall back into schedule. It worked quite well I must say. Please if you are on Vivitrol DO NOT trying breaking through the blocker before your 30 days is up. Overdoses in this fashion are quite common. Hope everyone is well.

Hey buddy, first of all I wish you luck in your recovery. I was on suboxone for 2 years, relapsed, stopped taking it and went through about 8 grand in heroin before getting back on 4mg on subs a day (still doing some heroin in between doses AND YES I GOT HIGH). I decided that Vivitrol was a better option because I literally couldn't relapse even if I tried hard to (and feel it). I took my last sub dose last friday at 9AM (2mg) and made it fairly easily through the withdrawal with the help of 25mg librium and .1 clonodine as well as high strength ibuprofen for my back (promethazine and gabapentin was also given but I never had to use it). I got the shot yesterday and had a very tired exhausted feeling an hour or two after it but it quickly went away. HOWEVER, I slept probably 1 hour last night total. I was completely comfortable, had no withdrawal symptoms, but my mind was just racing the whole night and actually it was songs stuck in my head that made it so difficult. When I feel asleep the few times I woke up literally like 20 minutes later. I noticed on the vivitrol website they put insomnia as a symptom, but is this just because of possible precipitated withdrawal that obviously would give you insomnia, or can the naltrexone actually cause this symptom? I think Vivitrol is being underused and the addicts on this site are all completely against it (obviously because they can't beat the system anymore). If you honestly CANNOT control your usage I highly suggest just finding a good doc, going through one week of WDs (she will give you good meds if she is ANY good at all, so don't worry too much) and getting this shot. My ass hurts a little bit, lol, but at least I know I will be opiate free for a good month.