• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Vitamin C in high doses

Usa51

Bluelighter
Has anyone over came opiate withdraw with high doses of vitamin c sodium ascorbate?

use the search function plenty of threads about this very topic or search google "vitamin c opiate withdrawal bluelight"

I think if you consume too much sodium in anything it's not good for you, so if I were trying this I would stay with something like ascorbic acid or maybe a mix of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium ascorbates. For balance, you know :)

Me personally, I'm sure that megadoses of vitamin C are not very good for much aside from flushing out alkaline drugs in your urine (e.g. DXM/PCP/memantine, amphetamines, caffeine) and avoiding scurvy. Unless you get some tasty chewable vitamins or something - juicy orange flavour, mmm.

I am currently taking high doses of Vitamin C for withdrawal. I was on 9-10 10mg oxycodone for 7 plus years. I am on day two and that is usually when the worst starts to set in. Actually for me it is usually anxiety that sets in a lot sooner. Anyway I purchased Sodium Ascorbate from local vitamin store. It is 2.4g per teaspoon (grams not milligrams but easy conversion=2400mg) I started one very carefully measured teaspoon added to water every two hours when not sleeping. I causes minor bowel stuff like gas, bloating, and loose stool once you go to larger doses. By the second day I was taking two teaspoons in 6oz of water (easily 5-6grams). That was my cut off due to bowel discomfort. One thing I choose not to do is take loperamide. I wanted to see if the Vit C worked without it. For me it works. If I go six hours without it I feel it and if I take a 5 gram dose I feel a marked difference in symptoms in about 15-30 mins. This is the thing with withdrawal and I have tried and failed....
Your body has been abused and depleted and you have to restore. You need a host of multivitamins and minerals. There are even antioxidants for restless legs (that crap gets me going back all the time). Difference now is I did my research and purchased many supplements to bring my body back to life. The Vitamin C in mega doses should not go beyond 5 days and then you can maintain with food or regular vitamin C daily dose which I beleive is 1.5g daily. I will put together a list of supplements that are working if your interested and also you need half your weight in good protein so get some Whey or some for of protein at half your weight (ex. 200lbs needs 100 grams of protein) also check out oppiateaddictionsupport.com. The INDIVIDUAL supplements I recommend and take now. I did not go for the one pill has all you need offer because I wanted to take what I needed based on how I felt. I did get great info from the site. Good luck to anyone who is trying to do this it is not easy. Those with chronic pain like myself....I feel your pain!!! DLPA and Alpha lophoric Acid is supposed to help with, cravings, pain and RLS. Lastly, your body has been abused and you need to replenish what you lost/neglected......that seems to make since right? I shall see......

am currently taking high doses of Vitamin C for withdrawal. I was on 9-10 10mg oxycodone for 7 plus years. I am on day two and that is usually when the worst starts to set in. Actually for me it is usually anxiety that sets in a lot sooner. Anyway I purchased Sodium Ascorbate from local vitamin store. It is 2.4g per teaspoon (grams not milligrams but easy conversion=2400mg) I started one very carefully measured teaspoon added to water every two hours when not sleeping. I causes minor bowel stuff like gas, bloating, and loose stool once you go to larger doses. By the second day I was taking two teaspoons in 6oz of water (easily 5-6grams). That was my cut off due to bowel discomfort. One thing I choose not to do is take loperamide. I wanted to see if the Vit C worked without it. For me it works. If I go six hours without it I feel it and if I take a 5 gram dose I feel a marked difference in symptoms in about 15-30 mins. This is the thing with withdrawal and I have tried and failed....
Your body has been abused and depleted and you have to restore. You need a host of multivitamins and minerals. There are even antioxidants for restless legs (that crap gets me going back all the time). Difference now is I did my research and purchased many supplements to bring my body back to life. The Vitamin C in mega doses should not go beyond 5 days and then you can maintain with food or regular vitamin C daily dose which I beleive is 1.5g daily. I will put together a list of supplements that are working if your interested and also you need half your weight in good protein so get some Whey or some for of protein at half your weight (ex. 200lbs needs 100 grams of protein) also check out oppiateaddictionsupport.com. The INDIVIDUAL supplements I recommend and take now. I did not go for the one pill has all you need offer because I wanted to take what I needed based on how I felt. I did get great info from the site. Good luck to anyone who is trying to do this it is not easy. Those with chronic pain like myself....I feel your pain!!! DLPA and Alpha lophoric Acid is supposed to help with, cravings, pain and RLS. Lastly, your body has been abused and you need to replenish what you lost/neglected......that seems to make since right? I shall see......