• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vitamin C and Tripping?

Oranges taste nice while tripping hard on tryptamines and psychedelic PEA's. So does orange juice. All kinds of fruity delights taste immorally good. Does it make you trip harder? No not IME. Tastes decadently delicious though.

I don't think high dose vitamin C does much at all, except gives a slightly upset stomach & wind, maybe if you're deficient it could help prevent you getting scurvy on your trip. I think it's a myth, like it 'curing colds'.

B vitamins could help a trip & possibly other vitamins/minerals. Always had a better trip when I started it off with a reasonable dose of B vitamins, either from a supplement or energy drink. I usually take a 'performance' multivitamin with a full range of vitamins & minerals, but high levels of B vitamins, plus gingko & ginseng before a trip, but it's not something to abort or fix a bad trip.

I usually eat some fresh fruit & drink juice when I'm tripping too, it tastes extra good & doesn't cause much stomach discomfort.

I've done some more reading, a little experimenting & changed my mind on this a bit. I think it can help to clear amphetamines, dopamine metabolites & things like that from the system by acidifying the urine & being an antioxidant. There are warnings for pharmaceutical adderall & amphetamines that vitamin C will reduce it's effects, similar could apply to psychedelics to a lesser degree.

When I was young I was told it could kill a trip, I never believed it - not enough to not drink the fruit juice after my tab of lsd, but I didn't trip very hard off that tab of lsd after that small fruit juice, I assumed it just wasn't a very strong tab, I did still trip.

On my last stim comedown about 3 grams of vitamin C & 2 litres of orange juice over a day seemed to help a lot.

It could help with a bad trip or a comedown, I'll reach for the vitamin C & fruit juice before a benzo. It might just be enough to clear some excess dopamine from the system & turn a bad trip into a good one. I know oranges always taste good when tripping, they seem to have an effect too, but only a slight one.

There's a thread on amphetamines & vitamin C here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/487903-Amphetamines-and-vitamin-C

Last edited:
This theory has been around for ages, we did this back when I was tripping in high school, long time ago

I'm not that experienced with LSD, haven't been able to score it since I was a kid...40 years ago, but the "vitamin C tripping" myth? was around even then and I heard that it'll make you trip harder and I also heard you can kill a bad trip w/it...so it sounds like the placebo effect is in effect...IDK.
That said, DMT trips, especially Ayahuasca, can definitely be potentiated by eating ...well, pretty much anything IME.
Fruit is especially good for this though...mind you, this is IME. It is not based on any real research, just anecdotal evidence, but it seems to work well with tryptamines for me.
Oh, I also think it's probably more the fructose than the vitamins...you know, energy and all that.

Vitamin C and tripping

what exactly is the interaction between vitamin C and many psychoactives such as mdma, LSD, ect....i've always heard it makes you trip harder. Does anyone have experiences prooving/disprooving this theory?
It does absolutely nothing. The “trip” from lsd is the after effects of having metabolized the substance.

Taking a 1000mg Vitamin C tablet about 60 minutes before a planned MDMA session should be part of a good preloading regimen. Or one can drink orange juice.