Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Vitamin C and Acid

friskk

Bluelighter
Hi,

I was @ [venue removed] on the weekend and I got talking to this old guy. We start talking and over the course of our conversation we start talking about drugs, mainly acid. I tell him how much I love the stuff but I find it annoying that it goes for ages and sometimes you just want it to end. I also told him about a time where my friend was admitted to hospital cause she was freaking out on acid.. He then just looks at me and says oranges.

Oranges? Huh? What do you mean?
He then explains to me, vitamin C is the answer. Take 3000 mg of vitamin C and you'll be fine in 30 minutes.
No WAY! I tell him. Why is that?
He doesn't know the answer but tells me that it's true.

So off I go.. Wondering if it really is true. So I decide to test it out. I pop 4 microdots in to my mouth and wait. 1 hour later - everything is fine. 2 hours later - starting to really loose it. 3 hours later and I can barely recognise anything. I'm beginning to freak out. I'm on the main dance floor and i can't really make out what is going on. People are coming up to me asking me if i'm ok and i'm just pushing them away. Everytime I look at someone's face their faces blur and I can't recognise any details.

I stagger to my car (a 20 min walk) and grab 2 oranges from my bag. I run up to the very top of that massive hill and i sit down. My hands are shaking as I peel the oranges. I start shoving them in to my mouth. Every last bit i eat.. I sit there and wait...

10 minutes later... nothing
20 minutes later... FUCK ME.. it seems to be working.
30 minutes later... Things are moving a tiny bit
40 minutes later... Things are basically normal.

Now.. can anyone tell me why is this the case? This is unbelievable.. I really want to know why this is the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

F

Last edited by a moderator:
4 microdots??? why the fuck would you waster 4 microdots, just to test out this theory.
wouldn't you have been better off taknig one, waiting until you wantde it to end, and then take the vit c. instead of wasting 4 perfectly good dots and freaking out.

interesting theory tho, just don't understand why you took so many just to test it out :\

Indeed, LSD is a very subjective drug. You mentioned you started freaking out in the club, however you calm down when you get outside. Does this say something about set and setting?

^^^
he wasn't in a club, he was an an "outdoor event". but at that moment, he would have been hearing some very fuckin tweaked out music, so maybe that added to his bad trip.
these sorts of events are not to be taken lightly. if you take too many drugs at one fo these events, no doubt you would freak out. thousands of peopel around you, very tweaked out music, tripped out installations.

but 4 micros?? i just don't get it 8(

Always works for me too. I think because I believed it once upon a time and it worked, it now works almost always. I think it's placebo, but placebo or no, it can come in handy :)

Are you sure it's a placebo? Wow! The power of the brain...

I was at [venue details removed]... yes.. there were some pretty freaky looking people on the main stage and the music was absolutely mental.

The reason I took 4 microdot is because i'm quite used to taking 2. I have taken 3 on a few occassions but had never taken 4.

Hmm might have to try it on a few friends who don't know. Might go out tripping with them and just give them a vitamin c tablet and tell them to eat it. If the trip goes away.. then I'll reconsider the placebo effect...

Wasting 4 Microdots? I wouldn't call it a waste. I would call it examining a theory.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

F

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken from http://www.brainmachines.com/lsd.html

The other was Vitamin C, which ameliorated the confusion associated, often, with LSD. The researches commented strongly on the alteration of the effect: people who pre-treated with Vitamin C "tripped" but were less inclined to "get lost" in the experience and apparently maintained a less conspicuous social poise. (The potency of the LSD was also somewhat reduced, but this did not account for the _qualitative_ difference in the experience for these people, according the researchers.)

The study didn't relate the dosages or interval between Vitamin C and LSD administration. However, the "street knowledge" about this is: 1. The Vitamin C can prevent (sort of) the LSD experience if they are consumed together, especially if the Vitamin C dose is large (1 gram or more). A sort of mild up-and-down experience can result from this combination

2. Taking the Vitamin C two hours before LSD works well.

3. Taking enough Vitamin C to saturate the tissues works well if enough time is allowed (2 hrs., perhaps less).

4. The LSD effect is slightly weaker, quantitatively speaking, than without Vitamin C, and ends sooner too.

5. It's typically easier to sleep afterwards also.

6. The "sense" of time, and of distances, is less disturbed with also.

3 grams of Vitamin C will saturate most people's bodies well. A good method of eating this much C without gastric discomfort is to drink a solution of 3 grams of buffered Vitamin C that is dissolved (not just stirred into!) in a glass of water. (People who keep their bodies saturated with Vitamin C may notice that their urine is colored a brilliant yellow color. This is normal.)

It's possible that a smaller dose of Vitamin C will have the same effect on LSD effects; a half-gram tablet might be sufficient for example. However,a significant time delay will still be required before taking LSD.

friskk, please stop posting the name of the event you were at :)

I have tried using Vitamin C in this manner on more than one occasion, to no avail...

MAPS: LSD and Vitamin C

Also from MAPS:

Ascorbic acid antagonizes the behavioural effects of LSD in cats.

Trulson ME; Crisp T; Henderson LJ
J Pharm Pharmacol 1985 Dec;37(12):930-1

ABSTRACT: Pretreatment with ascorbic acid (500 mg kg-1 i.p.) antagonized the behavioural effects of lysergic acid diethylamide
(LSD) and apomorphine, but not 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, in cats. The data support the hypothesis that these behavioural effects in cats are due to drug action at both 5-HT and dopamine receptors, and at the action of LSD at dopamine receptors is modulated by ascorbic acid.

Also posted within our own EVERYONE READ! (FAQ for Aus Drug Discussion) thread - pinger posted a safe guide to MDMA use from a site thats no longer up, so I couln't follow up on where they got their reference from. Although related specifically to MDMA - it still made reference to Vit C having an effect. I'm unable however, to prvide any validity to it, but intersting all the same.

Also, try to have Vitamin C on hand in case things go do bad. 1000mg should pretty well kill the experience, 250-500 just to reduce the intensity.

Maybe a placebo in the end - but still food for thought and futher investigation I say :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by friskk
Taken from http://www.brainmachines.com/lsd.html

Not everything you read online is true. If you look at that site it says
Hey now anybody can make LSD at home with Foster's Beer, Lysine, No fat milk, and hydrogen peroxide, and ammonia... ;-).
Which has been debunked on respectable chemistry websites as false. If you look for information on the web make sure it is from a credible source - anyone can upload text onto the internet. I couldn't find a source to confirm that the vitamin c was a myth, however in the past it has been considered just that. Never underestimate set and setting, and the placebo effect.

Last edited:
danm... what the hell am i going to do with that case of fosters i just bought?? :\
i mean.............. it's not like it's drinkable!

Well, i find a paracetamol tablet calms my brain while on acid.

I'm fairly sure it's a placebo effect, but hey, it works for me.