• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Visual snow/ HPPD?

Bassnlazers

Greenlighter
Hey everybody I'll try to keep this short, swim took mdma and LSD for the first time a year ago. Within the last year swim has done LSD over 20 times and mdma around 10 times. Swim noticed that the effects of marijuana started to be different after the use of LSD but after LSD was no longer taken this went away. Swim used to get very, very slight visual snow at night when marijuana was taken. Swim hasn't done anything but marijuana in over 3 months (mdma was the last thing 3 months ago) swim decided to take mdma about 3 weeks ago and everything went well, the dose was about 120mg, had a very nice, clean roll then about 6-8 hours later swim smoked a bowl to come down and sleep better. swim felt good the next day and had no comedown. 2 weeks go by with no substances. 2 weeks after the last mdma consumption swim smoked a bowl of indica and experienced intense visual snow, head pressure, neck pain, zoomed vision, slight psychedelic properties, no fractals just very strong visual snow and anxiety. Swim has only smoked weed a couple times since then and every time has experienced the same symptoms with anxiety every time weed is used now. Sw has light visual snow, head pressure and neck tightness when sober also. Does anyone else have similar symptoms like these? Is there a cure? Is this HPPD or something different? Should swim stop smoking all together? Thank you for taking the time to read this it means a lot.

stop smoking if it starts bothering you. this is not uncommon at all. it's actually pretty common. lots of people report that smoking weed becomes more psychedelic after having taken a psychedelic.

when my vision was 'off' even when sober, smoking weed made it much worse.

don't stress over about it though - that is very important - it's not harmful at all. forget about it and it should go away in no time if you stay away from things that trigger it (marijuana and stress)

thanks a lot for the reply! Does anyone have any similar symptoms they would like to share? And what about mdma? Should that be completely cut out for good or wait until symptoms are gone? Also is there anything anyone knows that is known to help visual snow or head, neck pressure? I've searched the forums but haven't found anything useful.

I have the same symptoms. Used lots of mdma when I was young. Smoked weed 24/7. Decided to quit because of all sorts off vague symptoms (anxiety, visual snow, couldn't sleep normal anymore,...). At first after quiting all my symptoms became worse, much worse. Major anxiety, multiple panic attacks per day and lots off hppd. After a year or so things got better step by step. Now 10 years later I still occasionally get episodes when the symptoms come back (milder than before). This only happens in stressfull periods. So I try to keep my stress levels low, I exercise a lot and I never use illegal drugs anymore (I only drink alcohol once in a while and I use a benzo when needed).

yes, i've had exactly the same thing happen to me. for me it stopped when i quit using weed/psychedelics/empathogens so much. now i rarely take these drugs and it only manifests itself when i'm really high. the weed was the main trigger for the HPPD for me. if it's bothering you, i'd cut down, especially with the weed.

Welcome to bluelight. We do not use terms like SWIM, etc. here as they are pointless.

What you are describing is common and I had it after I was taking LSD frequently. Smoking cannabis can exacerbate it, and if you want it to go away quit using cannabis and all drugs for awhile like half a year. Good luck.

I still sometimes get some, but I am used to it. FYI, there are people who have visual snow who have never taken any drugs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everybody. I don't really mind mind symptoms after smoking but I definitely don't like the visual snow (even slight) while sober so I think I'm done with all substances from this point on at least for 6 months. If I would continue to smoke could my symptoms get worse or would they just never fully heal? Again thanks everyone this helps.

As daunting as the prospect is, you are far better off abstaining entirely than trying to find what can be used - HPPD isn't particularly well understood and occurs with a wide array of substances.
I had pretty severe symptoms (I could barely seen through blue, green and red orbs for a few months) and it was made a million times worse by any and all stimulants, all empath/psyhes, and cannabinoids were highly risky.
It will likely go away on its own, for now abstinence really is the best solution.

Good luck.

when u get older and have done a lot of psychedelics and other stuff ofc i say it was only in like that in the beginning when i used shrooms and days after that when i smoked up it was really intense high ( much better than the regular weed high ) now it never happens anymore. the older u get the duller you will become. at least it is for me. been living with hppd over 10 years now. don't bother me at all. rarely sometimes when i smoke and lay on my back just looking at the sky, this visual snow starts to form some shapes adn figures ( fractal like- one color - gray, purple, white an dbluish colors ) and gets mildly psychedelic. actually that happened to me 3 years ago or something like that, so it's been a while.