• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Visual distortion/hallucinations meth?

Okay guys, any other ideas on what this could be? After just now I am 110% positive that the hallucinations are not a result of sleep deprivation.

Last night I skipped on staying up and went to sleep instead. I got 10 hours of sleep. An hour after waking up I took another shot, and there was no immediate rush. 10 second later though holy mother of fuck. The ringing in my ears was insane, and the hallucinations were strong! Strong as in if I took two tabs of acid I'd experience the same exact hallucinations (so all visual effects, no like...hallucinations of people or anything). This state lasted a good 10 minutes, after which it faded a little and plateaud so that the hallucinations were noticeable but less strong, yet the ringing in my ears remained extremely noticeable. After getting some good rest I was not expecting such majorly intense hallucinations though, especially since the shot was the same dose I always do.

So if it isn't sleep deprivation what could cause this? I'm thinking either the drug isn't meth, it contains toxic impurities from the manufacturing process, or my brain's receptors are just uniquely arranged/connected so that meth affects me differently than most. I have no idea, and since I'm no stranger to tripping the hallucinations didn't scare me (thankfully, heart rate was already 130bpm and I like to keep it as low as I can), but I know for a fact this isn't normal so I'm very curious.

OP!!! I have been experiencing the same thing, hallucinations NOT caused by sleep deprivation, and today it has been at its strongest visually ever, MUCH stronger than any LSD or Mushrooms I've ever eaten before and I've done them both many a times. I have used meth for a long time now like 7 - 10 years, never frequently, never regularly, and never all that much unless I'm on day 3-5 then I need more to keep it going, my thing is H - all day, everyday! - so I only dabled with meth to pull myself out of a dirty nod or when I'm kicking and have been sick for days, oooor if I was feeling like a FAST change of pace! I've seen the "Meth Monsters" or as I call them, the "Shadow People" everyone was talking about from time to time and I have felt Phantom touches here and there but nothing ever like this... Anyway today would be I guess day two of using, technically day three cause yesterday I did use in the morning around 8am but it was no more than one puny shot with less than .05 in the spoon and I didn't use since then until about 11am today so 27 full hours without using it. Ive never really "binged" on it exactly because Meth has always gotten me so F****** ripped, especially slamming the stuff, I've only ever needed to buy around a .3 - .5 and that would keep me going for at least 3-4 days unless I was sharing with people. So now that you have the context of my use and abuse, I was on day 2 or 3 of my meth use and I did a shot an hour after I woke up (10:30 - 11AM) cause I had still been getting decent sleep at this point (4 - 8 hours a night) but I needed to get my day going right cause I'm trying to kick H. ( again......) And I have absolutely no energy. Everything was good I did my normal .1-.15 shot and it was cool, had the rush, energy, and motivation to do what I needed to and I headed out the door. I got back home around 3pm and waited till about 3:30pm to do another shot so I busted it out did around. .15 - .2 (just a little bigger to keep it going) and the spoon had a little H cooked down on there I forgot about so I was stoked! So I made up the shot did it real quick got the rush and nausea from the technical speed ball I did, and before I even had the chance to put stuff away I noticed this bizarre head space overwhelming me and the lines on everything I was looking at started to become more and more defined and all colors became brighter and more... "Color-e"... It was extremely disorienting so I got everything off the bed and layed down and was staring at the ceiling and it looked like there were, well I'm not sure really but it basically looked like there were 3-4 different versions of everything I was looking at, at any given moment. Hard to explain but like there were 4 versions of let's say the ceiling, 3 of them were translucent but very visible and the other one was the real one I'm assuming, but they all looked super-imposed on top of each other. All of them were swirling and moving and breathing, back and forth and back and forth and it almost looked like staring at a big pond or body of water that someone or rather a lot of someone's just jumped into making a crazy rippling wave effect where it's all moving in unison but only in patches, but all the patches were moving independently of each other but were still crashing together on the borders and in a very intense way, not like mushrooms were the walls sloooowly breath, nothing like that at first it was so fast and aggressive I freaked out and I told my wife who was sitting next to me on our bed while this madness was occuring and whom I was just about to make a shot of meth for after mine was done, like always, I told her that I'm freaking out and hallucinating to an insane degree and that I didn't know what was going on. She assumed I was OD'ing so she was about to call 911 and I calmed her down despite how f***** I was, but I was more convinced that someone laced my sack with LSD cause this particular shot I did was from a new batch I had just bought the night before and hadn't tried yet and I did a farely bigger shot then normal and the hallucinations I was experiencing were super defined and hyper realistic like LSD can be so I started waving my hands in front of my face to try and grasp reality somehow and coming off my hands were super long "tracer trails" (like the ones where your looking at your hand on a strong hallucinogen and when it moves a couple "echoes" or "copies" of your hand follow the original hand exactly but at a split second behind it) they were neon blue outlined and deep dark purple inside the outline and that's when all the other colors I was able to see started becoming extremely vibrant and almost shiny, more so than they already were, and ontop of all that and everything entered into a dream-like state and I then started having auditory hallucinations which really just made it sound like it was raining outside but that I was listening through some kind of tube, like the sound was super muffeled but still audible and it tottaly reminded me of a lot of hallucinogens I had been on in the past. Its weird I really want to say my sack was laced with something but within 15 - 20 minutes of the intense meth hallucinations coming on it started to fade away. I peaked at about 5 minutes and started slowly easing off after another 10 minutes went by and another 5 minutes after that, I was pretty much back to normal more or less, but after I got my head right and calmed my girl down I jumped online to see if anyone has experience with something like this and this is the only thing I've seen about the meth actually being the reason you hallucinate and not just sleep deprivation causing it, so I figured I'd leave this here, congratz if you read this far, that's dedication! \m/ - Rock on dirt bagz! ;)

OP!!! I have been experiencing the same thing, hallucinations NOT caused by sleep deprivation, and today it has been at its strongest visually ever, MUCH stronger than any LSD or Mushrooms I've ever eaten before and I've done them both many a times. I have used meth for a long time now like 7 - 10 years, never frequently, never regularly, and never all that much unless I'm on day 3-5 then I need more to keep it going, my thing is H - all day, everyday! - so I only dabled with meth to pull myself out of a dirty nod or when I'm kicking and have been sick for days, oooor if I was feeling like a FAST change of pace! I've seen the "Meth Monsters" or as I call them, the "Shadow People" everyone was talking about from time to time and I have felt Phantom touches here and there but nothing ever like this... Anyway today would be I guess day two of using, technically day three cause yesterday I did use in the morning around 8am but it was no more than one puny shot with less than .05 in the spoon and I didn't use since then until about 11am today so 27 full hours without using it. Ive never really "binged" on it exactly because Meth has always gotten me so F****** ripped, especially slamming the stuff, I've only ever needed to buy around a .3 - .5 and that would keep me going for at least 3-4 days unless I was sharing with people. So now that you have the context of my use and abuse, I was on day 2 or 3 of my meth use and I did a shot an hour after I woke up (10:30 - 11AM) cause I had still been getting decent sleep at this point (4 - 8 hours a night) but I needed to get my day going right cause I'm trying to kick H. ( again......) And I have absolutely no energy. Everything was good I did my normal .1-.15 shot and it was cool, had the rush, energy, and motivation to do what I needed to and I headed out the door. I got back home around 3pm and waited till about 3:30pm to do another shot so I busted it out did around. .15 - .2 (just a little bigger to keep it going) and the spoon had a little H cooked down on there I forgot about so I was stoked! So I made up the shot did it real quick got the rush and nausea from the technical speed ball I did, and before I even had the chance to put stuff away I noticed this bizarre head space overwhelming me and the lines on everything I was looking at started to become more and more defined and all colors became brighter and more... "Color-e"... It was extremely disorienting so I got everything off the bed and layed down and was staring at the ceiling and it looked like there were, well I'm not sure really but it basically looked like there were 3-4 different versions of everything I was looking at, at any given moment. Hard to explain but like there were 4 versions of let's say the ceiling, 3 of them were translucent but very visible and the other one was the real one I'm assuming, but they all looked super-imposed on top of each other. All of them were swirling and moving and breathing, back and forth and back and forth and it almost looked like staring at a big pond or body of water that someone or rather a lot of someone's just jumped into making a crazy rippling wave effect where it's all moving in unison but only in patches, but all the patches were moving independently of each other but were still crashing together on the borders and in a very intense way, not like mushrooms were the walls sloooowly breath, nothing like that at first it was so fast and aggressive I freaked out and I told my wife who was sitting next to me on our bed while this madness was occuring and whom I was just about to make a shot of meth for after mine was done, like always, I told her that I'm freaking out and hallucinating to an insane degree and that I didn't know what was going on. She assumed I was OD'ing so she was about to call 911 and I calmed her down despite how f***** I was, but I was more convinced that someone laced my sack with LSD cause this particular shot I did was from a new batch I had just bought the night before and hadn't tried yet and I did a farely bigger shot then normal and the hallucinations I was experiencing were super defined and hyper realistic like LSD can be so I started waving my hands in front of my face to try and grasp reality somehow and coming off my hands were super long "tracer trails" (like the ones where your looking at your hand on a strong hallucinogen and when it moves a couple "echoes" or "copies" of your hand follow the original hand exactly but at a split second behind it) they were neon blue outlined and deep dark purple inside the outline and that's when all the other colors I was able to see started becoming extremely vibrant and almost shiny, more so than they already were, and ontop of all that and everything entered into a dream-like state and I then started having auditory hallucinations which really just made it sound like it was raining outside but that I was listening through some kind of tube, like the sound was super muffeled but still audible and it tottaly reminded me of a lot of hallucinogens I had been on in the past. Its weird I really want to say my sack was laced with something but within 15 - 20 minutes of the intense meth hallucinations coming on it started to fade away. I peaked at about 5 minutes and started slowly easing off after another 10 minutes went by and another 5 minutes after that, I was pretty much back to normal more or less, but after I got my head right and calmed my girl down I jumped online to see if anyone has experience with something like this and this is the only thing I've seen about the meth actually being the reason you hallucinate and not just sleep deprivation causing it, so I figured I'd leave this here, congratz if you read this far, that's dedication! \m/ - Rock on dirt bagz! ;)
The 3-4 vision thing you described sounds similar to what I've experienced on a DMT trip just before breaking through and blasting off. I used to be a multiple-times-a-day IV heroin user, and I've been using meth to satisfy my brain's thirst to be high on something so that I don't go back to heroin. I have some really nice shit that came as a single 1.25g shard , so my shots never contain more than 0.1g crystal. I'd have to weigh it out to see it visually, but 0.1g might actually be way too much for me. Anyway, I crushed up this shard and so far it has lasted me well over a week of using a couple times a day (with short breaks for sleep here and there) with plenty left still. Also not my first experience with math so it isn't really new to me.

The hallucinations always closely resemble the visuals of an acid trip. I'm pretty experienced with hallucinogens and have done everything from DMT to lesser known ones like DXM (as well as numerous nBOME series RCs). Needless to say they don't scare me, I actually really really enjoy them, but I've come to accept that they aren't due to sleep deprivation.

I often do a shot when I wake up, and if I have work that day I do a very small shot just to wash away any sleepiness. This shot we last me the whole day, I don't have to redose if I don't want to, nor do I experience negative effects if I choose not to (then again, I've never gotten a comedown from any stimulant before. Whether I'm binging Cocaine, adderall, etcetera I just don't get it for some reason). Even if I slept for 8-10 hours that night, the tiny shot is still enough to initiate the hallucinations. Oddly enough the visual effects seem to only effect straight-edge geometry/lines nearly parallel (like wood grain flowing like a river) and lighting (expanding/shrinking/moving shadows or light). I've had color morphing appear on a steel dagger before (looked oddly similar bismuth if you know what that is), but other than that there isn't much else to the hallucinations. No shadow people, no people talking in the other room or plotting against me, just...visual distortions I guess.