Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Violence in clubs

L3inad

Bluelighter
Procrastinating from uni work atm.. thought it'd make another post to kill more time ;)

I may/may not have attended a certain notorious melbourne drug/nightclub this weekend where a fight broke out and a stabbing (i think?) took place.

What are peoples thoughts on violence in clubs? specifically those with an obvious gang presence, personally i feel relatively safe, providing im with a decent sized group of friends, but the fact is that not everyones loved up on pingers so nasty stuff does happen. How does everyone try to stay safe in these sketchy environments?

And as a side note relating to police presence, are they allowed to search your person without reason, for instance, if you look well munted can they just rock up to you and pat you down? or do they have to have a warrant or something?

And as a side note relating to police presence, are they allowed to search your person without reason, for instance, if you look well munted can they just rock up to you and pat you down? or do they have to have a warrant or something?

No they cannot search you without justification but the definition of "just cause" is fairly broad and so in a practical sense, it really comes down to how creative they police are and how much they want to search you. They do not need a warrant which is why you should do research on your rights and make sure you know what to do if a situation like this arises.

yea the violence thats been happening at said club has been pretty full on from what i've been hearing.
i'm a fair regular there, and i never have felt very unsafe so to speak. going in there as just another white uni student i think makes you evade a fair bit of trouble. if you're just going in to get munted and have a dance you should be fine, you are the type of person the gangs want in there, a customer. just don't go selling and getting involved in all that business end of nonsense in there, and don't go wandering around by yourself. my mate had g spat into his mouth by some random asian chick, so be wary of that if you look like a fair noob who would be easy to rob.

what ended up happenin with the stabbin? heard they closed that floor and opened up the other one.....

^ I think I know the club that you are refering to. Is it the one that is near spencer street station and starts with 'B'. I do feel a little sketchy when in there, but I never felt threatened. the gangster people stick to themselves, unless selling, and when I've spoken to them they've either been friendly or just ignored. I've put up with more bullshit at clubs comprised mainly of whites where booze is the main drug people are on.
To be honest, in my 5 years of living in melbourne i have only been assaulted once, yet i have been out many many times. The one time I was assaulted was on st patricks day about 3 years ago in a pub in carlton.
The only times that I feel are a bit dangerous are walking around the CBD or King Street late at night, had a few people pick a fight but back off (i'm a pretty big guy, 6'2, about 95kg - so i guess that makes lucky).
I don't believe there is much you can do to avoid violence, other than just bakc down or talk yourself out of it if there is trouble. Alot of the time people are out looking for trouble or fly off the handle for no reason - if you are provactive back then a fight will happen, if you can stay calm then there is a chance you can avoid it (I always try and do the latter).
I think alcohol is the main problem here, and the type of places where most people are drinking. I also think that if the venues are the types of ones where men go to try and pick up women (I know this happens everywhere, but some clubs you go to for the exact intention), you are more likely to get aggro. I think it comes down to guys trying to show off, insecurity about people hitting on their girlfriend or girl they are after, and just the amount of alcohol fuelled testosterone that is at those type of venues. Also the lack of good music and quality drugs too.

yeah they closed the ground floor and kept upstairs open all night along with the adjoining room which i'd never seen before and im a regular of the past 6 months. cops were out front taking statements as i left, some smart bastard spread the word that they were searching people.. so i swallowed my leftover biccie as i walked out, a very interesting morning ensured xD

and yes psytaco, it could possibly be said club. But yeah, i think providing your not selling your generally right. But there's been cases when me or a mate has been mistaken for somebody else and a bit of quick thinking was required to stay out of trouble. Theres really no drinking to be heard of in said club, so i dont think that alcohol really contributes to the occassional violence, mainly gangs and meth heads coming down I think? Dunno, cant say Ive had anything to do with that drug myself. And yeah, also as another white uni student, I feel relatively safe because I dont have anything to do with the unpleasant side of things.
If your ever lucky enough to run into team awesome, usually chilling in an upstairs booth, look for a tall aussie bloke with dark hair and it may well be me ;)

Surprisingly I feel safer in drug clubs then the dirty nightclubs where alcohol is the DOC, drunken testosterone fueled dickheads are no fun at all.

depends on the type of drug club, really. the ones where wannabe tough cunts are coked and 'roided off their tits and thinking they're invincible is not my cup of tea.

places that are open late or during the day for the sole purpose of recoveries mainly, are a different story.

someones stabbed , they would be searching for the weapon so maybe you get a quick pat down before you leave.

usually when someones stabs someone they run away and dont stick around ... so police I doubt would search people unless they suspected the person was still inside.

in a situation you were in the police can search you for no reason because a serious thing has happened so they can use that as their excuse and can say we believed others inside club may have been involved so we searched people leaving the club.

hey L3inad, did you happen to be banging around on pink transformers a while ago? vague recollection of smoking a doob with some other uni folk up on the top floor......from what i remember of the dudes i was hanging with sounds like could be this awesome team of yours lol.

and yea, asian chick started chatting him up, leaned in for a kiss and spat g into his mouth. he spat it out straight away, but then her and her 'mates' were harrassing him trying to get him to pay for the g spat into his mouth. needless to say they were out of there like a bat out of hell.....careful who you go mauling in there :)

hey L3inad, did you happen to be banging around on pink transformers a while ago? vague recollection of smoking a doob with some other uni folk up on the top floor......from what i remember of the dudes i was hanging with sounds like could be this awesome team of yours lol.

dont remember ever having the pink transformers, possible though. But yeah, smoking a doob on top floor with uni folk, woulda been me ;) we've only called ourselves team awesome for a month or so, if you remember a highly energetic girl (probably best not mention names) who's there every week that always tends to have glowsticks as ear rings, as part of the group smoking a doob, then yeah I would of been there ^^

sounds like it was def you then. love findin normal people that aren't blowing out or tryin to push shards to me lol.

i will say one thing for certain, going to bubble this time of year is not conducive to the end of semester. it wont be soon enough that exams are over, and hopefully the gang wars will have died down by then. which uni was that you went to again? i'm at monash. sorry everyone else, can't send personal messages.

might wanna edit out name of said nightclub. and yeah i remember meeting a monash kid there ;) im at swinburne doing games.. so yeah, haha thats a fucking random coincidence. i'll be there saturday week, probably tripping up stairs in a booth all night. come say gday haha

yeah.. sorry for spamming up the thread ;P

EDIT:: Email via bluelight, facebook details, add you to the group ;)

Last edited:
and yea, asian chick started chatting him up, leaned in for a kiss and spat g into his mouth. he spat it out straight away, but then her and her 'mates' were harrassing him trying to get him to pay for the g spat into his mouth. needless to say they were out of there like a bat out of hell.....careful who you go mauling in there :)

Wow, I was wondering how it would have happened. Lucky it didn't get in his eyes.

dont remember ever having the pink transformers, possible though. But yeah, smoking a doob on top floor with uni folk, woulda been me ;) we've only called ourselves team awesome for a month or so, if you remember a highly energetic girl (probably best not mention names) who's there every week that always tends to have glowsticks as ear rings, as part of the group smoking a doob, then yeah I would of been there ^^

Man i think i need to move down there, is this Melbourne? God Sydneys shit for nightlife :)

Man i think i need to move down there, is this Melbourne? God Sydneys shit for nightlife :)

You poms are all the same, you move to Sydney thinking its better than sliced bread, Melbourne is the place to be. Sydney's time at the top finished last decade. Melbourne is where it happens

=D

You poms are all the same, you move to Sydney thinking its better than sliced bread, Melbourne is the place to be. Sydney's time at the top finished last decade. Melbourne is where it happens

=D

LOL i was born in Sydney but moved to Eastern Europe when i was a kid. But yeah ur right about Melbourne where its all happening. Sydneys all hyped up with fuk all too do. Good for wasting money to buy stuff at shops and all but for nothin else.

^^^^ yes i will agree about the shopping part :D always blow my cash in a matter of hours when i'm shopping up there.

even though i've never scored drugs in sydney, most of the things i've had that have supposedly come down en route from there have been pretty decent. so it's not all glum. lol ;)

& there are asian shops & asian restaurants galore! which is great for me 'cause i'm convinced i was asian in several past lives :D

Door work from my younger days has ruined going out to clubs et al because I become hyper vigilant. A pub or bar will win the day for me every time, and still allow me a nice clear view of potential problems %)

Last edited:
Door work from my younger days has ruined going out to clubs et al because I become hyper vigilant. A pub or bar will win the day for me every time, and still allow me a nice clear view of potential problems %)

Recently did a security course and have been told that story a few times by my lecturers.
Kinda put me off a bit as I love clubbing.

Thinking of doing a bar course and getting a job at a club and maybe do a little door work on the side.

I've never felt unsafe out here in Adelaide.
Except for when I got mugged. Don't walk down alleys unless you have a group.

But then again if any one ever gets aggressive to me I always apologize and try and work things out. Quite good at talking my way out of things and defusing situations.

I can count the number of times I've felt unsafe in adelaide on one hand, and I spent more friday/saturday nights than not over the course of 18 months or so at various clubs and taking drugs in the alleys and carparks around those clubs . Maybe there's just less of a culture of violence here, though I know plenty of shit does go down, but if you avoid certain venues, act polite and don't rub the wrong people the wrong way, you're usually fine.

I think 90% of nightlife violence is something that could be avoided if one side or the other just walked away, but some guys just can't do that when there's alcohol and/or stimulants in their system and their ego comes into the equation.