Vinyl fantasy III - Edmonton - February 8th, 2003

popper_tart

Bluelighter
that subject heading is pretty self-explanatory...lineup? venue? dates?
enquiring minds wanna know
[ 10 December 2002: Message edited by: Furnace ]
[ 29 December 2002: Message edited by: day_for_night ]

There will be one. Early birds were announced about a week ago and are available at DV8, Colourblind, Foosh, Underground and Majestik. I can't remember the date for sure but I think I remember hearing January 25. This party will be good - very good.

I remember freezing my ass off waiting to get into the last one, and then freezing my ass off again as we waited for the car to warm up.
Then, walking to the Y downtown early the next morning to heat up in the hot tub, I saw a vagrant, wrapped up so well in his sleeping bag under a heating output vent by Edmonton Center, I felt sick at my own ignorance.
He was sleeping a few feet away from a dead pigeon, and my friends and I were almost worried he was dead, as well.

I saw a crackhead today in McDonald's taking his sweetass time talking bullshit to the only woman behind the counter.
"I just want a pie! Give me a pie! My father needs it"
I looked at him, and handed him those see-through flyers for Vinyl Fantasy.
He said thanks and ate it in front of me.
I got a milkshake (comfort) and thought
'why didn't I go through the drive-thru?'
I wonder who's gonna be playing and where they're gonna have it, cause if it's at fucking lame-ass polish hall I swear to God, I'm bringing gasoline.

*prays for Techno/Acid headliner*
im not really keeping my fingers crossed for this one....

^
no shit.
[ 10 December 2002: Message edited by: Furnace ]

I'm thinking they're going full out for this one...
promtion companies in this city are at point where if you fuck up just a little you are banned from even trying again... it's mean and unjust but I think it will bring up the quality level of our RaVeS lol so I don't care.
As long as they have some prog and a nice deep house set at the end for me I'll be there...
oh ya and the whole polish hall thing... fuck it... I'll bring the matches Furnace.... the polski is dead...they need to leave it that way.....

I'm glad that the info got changed.
Instead of blasting the poster for assuming that everyone knows it's in Edmonton.
God, people in Edmonton think it's the centre of the country!

actually monstercan, the real centre of the country is baker lake, nunavut.
brought to you by the ministry of facts

Incidentally, Furn...what's your beef with polish hall?
It was pretty sweet back in the day before they covered up the main floor with that linoleum (sp) crap.
That place was perfect with about 600 people upstairs...the wooden dancing floor would bounce up and down a solid 2 feet if there were enough people dancing.
Once you get over that in population though it sucks ass.
Viva Las Vegas 2 way back in march 1999 was wicked.
Freaky Flow and Flipside did their thing downstairs, Ariel & Roel, Cziolek, Richard Mears, then Taylor upstairs. nuff said.

personally I think it's jsut simply over done... remeber that strech last year where there was a rave there every second month?....I went to all of them.. and that killed it for me....

Yah, it was great back in the day, but since Red's proved itself as a great venue, I would rather not look at the polish hall again.
Whatever...it's just a preference...hopefully I won't get chastized for it.

hmm..
Vinyl Fantasy Jan. 27 The Polish Hall - 10960-104 St. Mayhem Productions
Warmer and Fuzzier Mar. 24 The Polish Hall - 10960-104 St. The Happy Bastards
Scream Oct. 27 The Polish Hall - 10960-104 St. United Production
Vinyl Fantasy II Jan. 26 The Polish Hall - 10960-104 St. Mayhem Productions
Warm 'n' Fuzzy 3 Mar. 30 The Polish Hall - 10960-104 St. Happy Bastards
I still like that place...as long as there are less then 1500 people in it...

Yah, too many ppl in that place equals suck.
But I've been there and had fun. I'm just saying that another venue instead would be a better preference...
rave on.

yo furn...like they say in fubar...
turn down the suck
"i think you broke the suck knob, you turned it up so high"

T+D-basement.jpg

Hey, kel, that dude on the left (Terry) looks a lot like that guy Trevor who used to work at Slave-On with us? He worked as a bagger for a while and I think in deli for a while? I used to see him at parties all the time.
/give'er

Originally posted by day_for_night:
i want to play this!
*looks up happy bastards contact info*

Better try www.charliemayhem.com Vinyl Fantasies have been all Mayhem productions. But there's no info at all on the site yet. I don't have an email but try pm'ing him on etown or the HB board.